SuperStroke Flatso Ultra and Mid-Slim 2.0 - THP Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review to THP are two offerings from what is clearly the hottest putter grip company out there right now, SuperStroke.

Flatso Ultra 1.1

• USGA Approved
  • 1.10" Width
  • 10.50" Length
  • 85 Grams +/- 5
  • 0.580" Core

• 1.10” in diameter weighing 82 grams
  • New high-tech PU material features CrossTraction technology for improved feel and tackiness
  • Parallel technology increases consistency and lowers scores for every level of golfer
  • Flat –top, pentagonal design increases shoulder rotation and decreases wrist activity, creating a more repeatable putting stroke
DSC_0026-L.jpg

DSC_0027-L.jpg

DSC_0028-L.jpg

DSC_0032-L.jpg

DSC_0033-L.jpg

DSC_0031-L.jpg

DSC_0041-L.jpg
Mid Slim 2.0

• USGA Approved
  • 1.20” Diameter
  • 10.50" Length
  • 50 Grams +/- 5
  • 0.580" Core

The newest size in the SuperStroke line-up, the Mid Slim 2.0 came from PGA players requesting a size between the Ultra Slim 1.0 and the Tour-favorite Slim 3.0. The Mid Slim 2.0 is currently in-play on the PGA Tour with its demand increasing at each Tour event.

Patented Parallel Design

Our parallel technology allows for even pressure in both hands, eliminating added tension in the wrist and forearms. This helps the arms to swing free, further enhancing a pendulum putting stroke.
New Material with CrossTraction Technology

Starting with a light-weight foam under listing, we have added a new high-tech PU material, featuring CrossTraction technology, for improved feel and tackiness.
Slip-On Design

SuperStroke putter grips have a traditional installation process. Simply use double-sided tape and grip solvent to apply. Click on the “how-to” for step-by-step instructions.

DSC_0034-L.jpg

DSC_0035-L.jpg

DSC_0036-L.jpg

DSC_0039-L.jpg

DSC_0040-L.jpg

DSC_0038-L.jpg

DSC_0037-L.jpg

And a comparison of the two to the SS 1.0:

DSC_0025-L.jpg

I've never spent time with the Flatso, curious to your thoughts as a fan of the SS 1.0.

Interested what this does to hand placement on the grip.

• Staff
I've never spent time with the Flatso, curious to your thoughts as a fan of the SS 1.0.

Interested what this does to hand placement on the grip.

I've been eager to try this one for some time now, prior to moving to the SS 1.0's I was a big fan of hard edges on the top of the putter grips (Iomic Mid's for example) but I needed/wanted a little more size to help keep the feel of the grip being in my fingers more (SPi) and the lack of taper in the SS 1.0's did that. Well, the Flatso could be an even better blend, but we shall see. Just put the Flatso on my TP Mills Huey and the 2.0 on the TP Mills Fleetwood so it'll be fun to work with them.

These are interesting. Id also like to hear feedback from people who use and like the regular ss grips. I think I could like these.

Edit: Talking about the flatso

Last edited:
I did not know the flatso SS existed until I saw Kyle's (flog's, for those playing the THP home game) at HHI. I now need to try this.

I love my current SS 2.0, but the feel of the flatso makes perfect sense. I need to find a used Versa 7 or WHP Rossie to throw one of these on.

I really want to try the Flatso and have since it was announced about a year or so ago. I held the larger verison of the Flatso at the store the other day and was very impressed with its feel. I think it's going to be something I'm going to try.

• Staff
These are interesting. Id also like to hear feedback from people who use and like the regular ss grips. I think I could like these.

Well, I have....16 or so....of the regular 1.0's so I can get you some thoughts hahahaha

Well, I have....16 or so....of the regular 1.0's so I can get you some thoughts hahahaha

Lol sorry I didnt realize you had posted a response to cookie stating exactly what I asked hahaha. Im in the same boat with the traditional feeling grip but wider and no taper. Looking forward to hearing how you like them.

I'm definitely pondering the 2.0 and in the white and green. I was gaming the 1.0 on my odyssey.

Lol sorry I didnt realize you had posted a response to cookie stating exactly what I asked hahaha. Im in the same boat with the traditional feeling grip but wider and no taper. Looking forward to hearing how you like them.

All good dude, just teasing a bit. I'm eager to get this one out, in fact, I'm course bound right now!

All good dude, just teasing a bit. I'm eager to get this one out, in fact, I'm course bound right now!

Boooo ya! Birdie time

Interested in your thoughts on the Flatso, love my SS Fatso.

Using Tapatalk

I've been looking to remove the SS 3.0 cause I've had problems with getting my hands comfortable. Perhaps going to the Flatso would be a good way to go.

I got the Flatso Ultra and installed it yesterday.
My impressions so far:

• Love the feel of the large flat front--allows me to lay the thumb pads of my hand across it nicely.
  • The lack of Taper is why I like most SS styles anyway.
  • The wide flat side is a great width without having to go to the huge round models--I would typically use the 1.0 before and did not go for the jumbo sizes.
  • This hand placement combined with my latest change in my technique of standing closer to the ball where the eyeline is barely inside the target line (using a mirror looking for the eyes to be just below the target line) Allows me to feel locked into place--Hands and arms hanging down but grip set in place with thumbs on flat side. I still use a light grip pressure, so once the hands are set I am just rocking the shoulders.

I did not know the flatso SS existed until I saw Kyle's (flog's, for those playing the THP home game) at HHI. I now need to try this.

I love my current SS 2.0, but the feel of the flatso makes perfect sense. I need to find a used Versa 7 or WHP Rossie to throw one of these on.

My exact thoughts. I've liked stock grips that were more flat on the front side, these make a great case to be tried.

Last year they were suppose to release a 17" flatso but never did. May have to grab one of the 10.25 for new putter

SuperStroke Flatso Ultra and Mid-Slim 2.0 - THP Preview

Last year they were suppose to release a 17" flatso but never did. May have to grab one of the 10.25 for new putter

Id forgotten all about that Freddie, wonder what happened...

Id forgotten all about that Freddie, wonder what happened...

Me too, but one is better than none. Are these on sale in stores? If so going to pickup this week

Me too, but one is better than none. Are these on sale in stores? If so going to pickup this week

I know they're selling them online so if think they are in stores, not sure though.

I'm excited to get it to work here in a few.

I saw one in my local GolfSmith Friday evening on the way home from work. If you can't find one let me know and I will pick it up and get it down to you. They only had Red though.

Lemme know.......

<edit> You too James if you can't find one.
JM

Sold out

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the flatso, such an interesting concept and addition to their line.

Back