#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Southwest emailed me yesterday to remind me of my "upcoming trip".

I was like "Southwest, you don't even know!"

Haha so true! I want to send Delta an email to remind them, just to make sure they don't forget!! :alien:

I know some from this event are not all that active, but if you get a chance, head over to Twitter and thank @HarryArnettCG @HashtagChad and @Caroline2Sweet for making all of apparel and equipment happen. While GG, myself and MikeDean planned the event and are hosting the event, the gear and apparel you have coming to you is because of them and we chose Callaway for this event because we knew how awesome they would be.

Consider it done. I thanked Harry yesterday for how awesome their metalwoods are this year, so this will be a good follow up haha

Holy sh*t. I feel like a big deal seeing that, freakin badass!

Team chad is going to be lookin FLY when we are crowned the King Sunday.

Those shirts are effin sweet!!!

Oh hell yeah, those shirts are freaking saweeeet!

Those both look like awesome shirts. Callaway apparel is very underrated. I have bought two wind shirts, two golf shirts, and two more that will be delivered today, and everything is top notch.

3a2a2y6y.jpg

urenated.jpg

8y3e2e4a.jpg
impressive array of shirts, those guys are awesome, it makes me happy to know the company whose clubs i really enjoy is so supportive of THP & it's events

Those both look like awesome shirts. Callaway apparel is very underrated. I have bought two wind shirts, two golf shirts, and two more that will be delivered today, and everything is top notch.

I agree. I've recently added two Callaway shirts to my closet. Very comfortable and breathable modern material. I'll be wearing them for the practice rounds!

WOW I love those shirts :in-love:! We're gonna be looking sharp as a bull in a herd of heifers :bomb:

Heading over to Twitter to shout out to those fine folks at Callaway :clapp:

Wow, awesome looking shirts! No doubt in my mind that Callaway and THP will put on nothing short of a spectacular weekend. Thank you!

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Yes! Loving the shirts in a big way!

Shirts look awesome, heading to twitter right now.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Loving the shirts. Can't wait to represent at #theKing!

You guys will love the apparel. Nice cuts that will flatter you and very nice fabrics.

I love the green. Great choices by Callaway. You guys are gonna look sharp out there.

You guys will love the apparel. Nice cuts that will flatter you and very nice fabrics.

Sounds good to me! I usually go small with golf shirts (and that's what I submitted when asked for #TheKing), do these fit pretty true to size?

Sounds good to me! I usually go small with golf shirts (and that's what I submitted when asked for #TheKing), do these fit pretty true to size?

I've bought a couple Callaway shirts last month, and have found they do, or if anything, slightly larger in my experience.

It depends on the shirt imo. To me, the shirts we got for the Grandaddy were more in line with an athletic cut, but yes they still ran true to size. Basically, you're all good unless you're trying to conceal a 20 lb baby in your bellah like I was at the time.

Those shirts are sharp!

It depends on the shirt imo. To me, the shirts we got for the Grandaddy were more in line with an athletic cut, but yes they still ran true to size. Basically, you're all good unless you're trying to conceal a 20 lb baby in your bellah like I was at the time.

Rut Roe :bulgy-eyes:

Haha sounds good. My problem if any will be the opposite way - I love shirts that are "athletic cut"/more form fitting, my issue is when they are too baggy.

Time for an update on my #theKing prep from this past weekend.

I was able to get out and play a round of actual golf on Saturday with Jersey Nate at Scotland Run, and I think the best way to summarize it would be Clint Eastwood style: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

First, the good: I was striping my hybrids and hyrons (yes, the Cleveland Altitudes are back in the bag for now). Long and straight for the most part, and pulled off 2 nice draws on dog leg lefts on cue as well. After a crappy drive, also put a 5 hyron onto the fringe of the green from 210 yards out with trouble all around. Also putted pretty decently. The greens were bumpy and that cost me a couple times but I had several 1 putts and only 1 3 putt. Had 1 birdie after ripping a 3 hybrid around the dogleg leaving me 50 yards to the pin. Hit an OK half wedge and made a 25 footer for the bird.

The bad: I shot 5 over on the 4 par threes. that's just unacceptable. 3 of the 4 are pretty challenging holes, but I didn't even give myself a chance with the awful tee ball swings I took. Quick, out of tempo led to 2 chunks and 1 thinned shot. I hit one green but even that one was chunked slightly leading to a long putt that led to my only 3 putt. I don't even want to talk about the double I took on the easiest hole. I'm not overly concerned here as this is not the norm for my iron game, but something I definitely worked on the following day as part of my range session marathon.

Finally, the UGLY: Four times off the tee (twice on long par 4s, twice on par 5s), I stupidly tried to "step on it" with my driver leading to 4 horrific smother hook catastrophes. One was a lost ball leading to a triple bogie, 2 more were punch outs from the trees leading to doubles, and one was a miraculous par save after having a clear shot at the green. Throw in 1 more triple on another chunked short iron that ended in a hazard, and its a miracle I broke 90 for the round.

So, despite all the grief mentioned above, I shot an 89. If I could have back those drives and that one approach, I'm right at my handicap. Honestly think I would have shot around 80 leaving the driver in the bag altogether (can't wait to game the Big Bertha Alpha).

Sunday I went to the range and went through 2 large buckets. With the Swing Caddie set up, I spent half a bucket working on partial wedge shots, and half a bucket correcting the contact issues I saw on the golf course for my PW, and other short irons. Things went pretty well here and I was grooving the full swings by the end of that bucket.

The 2nd large bucket I spent entirely on the driver. What a great tool the Swing Caddie is here, confirming with actual numbers that my "80% swing" is not only straighter, but produces faster club head speed and much faster ball speed (due to center face contact). I was seeing swing speeds 110-112 and ball speed around 160 which is where they should be when I'm swinging well.

I will be spending substantial time on this over the next month as I want to be able to hit an in control driver down the pipe for the first tee at #theKing, and all other tee balls after that!

So, while the score on the course was a little disappointing, I used it as motivation. Work will be done!

Very nice recap G4L! Did you and Jersey Nate have any match play competition going to simulate what a singles might be like?

Nice update g4l. Last time I played at Scotland Run (my parents live in South Jersey, so I played there last year) I definitely had some rough moments, and ended up with a 90, which was pretty solid honestly. Sounds like you've got your issues pinpointed from that round though, so it can be a good learning experience!

Back