Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, for $150 new I might have to give this a shot...

or pick up a used one to try it out, those can usually be round around here for under $90

I need to try some of this Kusala Blue amazjngness that everyone is talking about!

Does the kusala blue bring the spin and launch down on the amp cell.

Does the kusala blue bring the spin and launch down on the amp cell.

I believe the Blue is a mid launch, mid spin shaft. I'd imagine that it should launch lower than the stock shaft.

I still haven't hit the deep. No good excuse either. Loving it?

Absolutely. my ability to control it isnt good, but thats between me and the swing issues I'm working through. The feeling at impact for me is nothing short of explosive and it is really freakin long. Beautiful trajectory and a lot of roll. Would take a herculean club to get the 3Deep out of my bag.

So I'm looking into changing out my hybrids. I currently have a mix of hybrids (Yonex Ezone 19* 3h and Cobra Amp 22* 4h) that I have picked up from a friend. I've been hearing quite a lot of positives regarding the Callaway X2 Hots. They are a bit on the pricey side but have recently come into some Callaway gift cards that will cover a purchase of one. Any suggestions from my THP crew?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shoot, down there you should be able to hit them pretty easily. Go take a look. It's a very nice hybrid. Sound great, long, looks nice at address, etc.

So I'm looking into changing out my hybrids. I currently have a mix of hybrids (Yonex Ezone 19* 3h and Cobra Amp 22* 4h) that I have picked up from a friend. I've been hearing quite a lot of positives regarding the Callaway X2 Hots. They are a bit on the pricey side but have recently come into some Callaway gift cards that will cover a purchase of one. Any suggestions from my THP crew?

Not Callaway but the Cobra Baffler T-Rail hybrids are fantastic and can be had for like $50 shipped. Well worth it IMO.

Have had my current (well recent current!) gamers that are Taylormade rescue. Have been trying different hybrids over the past couple of years and nothing was better. Until now.
I hit the 2xh hybrids as a "while I am here" at GS getting a fitting for irons.
Unreal!!
Great feel, great results, and went into my bag.
Tour blue shaft is the answer I think.
They are a little tip soft. I have driver ss of 90 and went with stiff x2h.
Awesome club coming from a guy who has never owned Callaway before.

My investigative skills have jacked up the 5 Deep ponder. Can be had for less than $195 in x flex, shipped to my door. I really shouldn't, but.........

My investigative skills have jacked up the 5 Deep ponder. Can be had for less than $195 in x flex, shipped to my door. I really shouldn't, but.........

Don't u have a bunch of woods already?

Don't u have a bunch of woods already?

Yes, but the gap between my 3 wood and 4 hybrid is quite bit. Was planning on using the 3 lofted to a 4 but the closed face is a left turn machine. The 5 deep went head to head with the Bertha 5 wood and they are both great, but the deep is a little more fitting to my eye, plus cheaper.

Some J40 wedges. They are about the only clubs yet left that I've been able to acquire.

Pondering X2 Hot irons. Not necessarily to buy, but I definitely want to give them a hit, and soon. I think once circumstances change and I'm not longer able to take advantage of getting on the course on a near-daily basis, I'll need to make a trip up to Tucson and give those irons a hit. Going to give the X2 Hot driver a whirl this weekend, probably Saturday.

Pondering X2 Hot irons. Not necessarily to buy, but I definitely want to give them a hit, and soon. I think once circumstances change and I'm not longer able to take advantage of getting on the course on a near-daily basis, I'll need to make a trip up to Tucson and give those irons a hit. Going to give the X2 Hot driver a whirl this weekend, probably Saturday.

Be careful. They're very forgiving and loooooonnngg.

Debating an Odyssey Versa Tank #1 or a Callaway HL5 stand bag. Leaning towards the latter in white & green THP colors.

Gotta say that I prefer the XTT Canes.

I have both and the XTT is just a great bag. Easy to get clubs in/out compared to the HL and the pockets make more sense.

I have both and the XTT is just a great bag. Easy to get clubs in/out compared to the HL and the pockets make more sense.

I don't know. I like my HL 5 pretty well. Of course I have no way of comparing though. But the HL has been my favorite stand bag I have ever owned so far.

Nothing against the HL5, because it is a good bag, but dead serious that the XTT is ahead of it.

Nothing against the HL5, because it is a good bag, but dead serious that the XTT is ahead of it.

Thanks for reminding me about the XTT. I didn't see it listed this morning on their website. I'll have to check again.

after hitting a wall at a 215 yards par 3 yesterday and being unable to hit my 4 iron, I'm thinking about hybrids....

I am currently looking at a pair of 3 and 4 cleveland classic used from globalgolf, shipped for 89 dollars(including 30$ shipping to canada). i've been looking at the paypal button for a while now

after hitting a wall at a 215 yards par 3 yesterday and being unable to hit my 4 iron, I'm thinking about hybrids....

I am currently looking at a pair of 3 and 4 cleveland classic used from globalgolf, shipped for 89 dollars(including 30$ shipping to canada). i've been looking at the paypal button for a while now

Does that include brokerage on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back