Shaving My Head for Childhood Cancer

c0ncept

SFT
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
First off I want to say that this has nothing to do with The Hackers Paradise and is not a sponsored program of THP.

On Saturday I will be saying goodbye to my lovely locks that even Hashtag would be proud of. Now this has not been scientifically proven but I have been told that this process can make a person look 10 years younger...or 10 years old...I can't remember.

I wanted to post here because part of the reason I am doing this is the people I have met here have been like family and I could not imagine how hard it is for a parent to go through something like this let alone the kids. I was told about St. Baldrick's Foundation and the head shaving events by my girlfriend a few weeks ago and jumped at the chance to help out. If you guys would like to help out I will be posting the link to where you can donate. I will be posting a before/after picture as well as a video

(Please do not feel obligated to donate just looking to spread the word)

Here is the link to my donation page: Cancer Sucks

Here is the before picture I took today:
30t2hb4.jpg

To bad you have a GF, you will be a chick magnet! Keep the baby goat too! Great thing you are doing man!

JM

Very cool thing to do

You're definitely doing it for a good cause.

Got shaved at a St. baldrick's event a couple years ago. Great, fantastic experience. Good luck at reaching and exceeding your goal!

HashtagChad is crying at the thought. Great charity, buddy of mine did this for years ... until he actually went bald.

Very cool. Hope you exceed what you are hoping for. Sounds like a good cause.

My uncle (who's as big a golf nut as I am) does this every year - in fact, it's the only haircut he gets :) He's getting up there in years, so he doesn't look so bad come November, but he always raises a ton of money. It's a great cause, and thanks for taking part in it!

That's awesome c0ncept, a very cool thing to do.

Awesome reason to shave your head!!

Good on ya man. Harvest the lettuce. I like it.

Well done!! I don't have much hair but would do it in a second!

That a very cool thing for you to do. I have friends that participate in this every year; unfortunately due to genetics, I shave my head every three days or so.

Good for you. This a great cause!!!

Awesome gesture for a great cause! I am with O'Carroll in that thanks to genetics I shave my head every 2-3 days now or otherwise I would be looking like the lead singer from Scorpion. If you don't who that band was, probably not a bad thing.. :)

Last edited:
Good on you my friend! Every year for my sis, you will love it. Oh, and make sure you use some sunscreen and/or hat. Can hurt!

Very nice of you. I agree, can't imagine what it's like for a parent to have a critically sick child. I give to St. Jude's for that reason.

Great gesture. I have a spare THP hat that you're welcome to in order to keep that sun off your head. Just LMK.

What a great gesture, good for you.

Thanks for the support guys!

This is a nice thing you are doing. You're good peoples!... Now, make sure to get that after picture posted up, curious what you're going to look like!

This is a nice thing you are doing. You're good peoples!... Now, make sure to get that after picture posted up, curious what you're going to look like!

I'll tell you now there could be a few interesting tan lines.

very cool thing for you to do.

Good thing you're doing here dude! Thank you. I wish I could but like some others said, its hard to shave whats already shaved haha

Back