Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hole 11 at my home course. 6 iron from 185 out to 3 feet. Did it again on the 18th to about 10. I may need to start laying up to 6i distance !

ge7ava6e.jpg

Hole 11 at my home course. 6 iron from 185 out to 3 feet. Did it again on the 18th to about 10. I may need to start laying up to 6i distance !

ge7ava6e.jpg

Agree! your proximity to the hole was better with 6 iron than any other--you had it dialed in.

105 yard 9 iron, into a 30+ mph wind. Headwind + high trajectory almost makes me glad I wasn't hitting a urethane ball, or else it probably would have rolled back to my feet!

14+-+1

Very windy here today. Par 3 17th was right at 150 (normal 9 iron), hit choke down 3/4 4i (normally 190 yd shot) into 30-35mph wind directly into us to about 10' left of the pin. Missed the down hill slider low, made par.

My tee shot playing from the tips. Par 4 with 305 yards to the center but the flag was on the front.. so call it 290 maybe 295. that was 7 feet left for the Eagle and yes I put a very black circle on the card :)
teeshot_zps79638e31.jpg

My tee shot playing from the tips. Par 4 with 305 yards to the center but the flag was on the front.. so call it 290 maybe 295. that was 7 feet left for the Eagle and yes I put a very black circle on the card :)
teeshot_zps79638e31.jpg

Photo not working for me.

Drained at 30+ birdie today.

Made a 20 foot chutt(this is from carpet to hardwood putt)

All I have :beat-up:

Best golf shot I have hit in probably a year. Second shot on a short par 4 after I sprayed a driving iron right.

146 to the pin, HARD wind moving left to right. Tree in front was in the perfect tweener spot, too far to interfere with my swing but close enough that the ball would stay under the branches initially. Pin being front left was good because I could just play to the approach right in front of it, then I heard Freddie Kong in my head telling me to see the shot. Knew if I took my 150 club and just stayed in the swing I could put it pin high on the approach but with the wind coming left to right it might let me turn it with a little fade into the pin...and boy did it.

Took a pic FROM the spot, labeled (drew) where the pin was with paint (still hard to read, behind the trees though):
photo11_zps5bcd86ad.jpg

Took a pic from the green back toward where I was and tries to label it with paint:
photo22_zpsbb6e61e4.jpg

And on the green:
photo32_zpsbccd1fd9.jpg

Made the putt too. WHOO!

Best golf shot I have hit in probably a year. Second shot on a short par 4 after I sprayed a driving iron right.

146 to the pin, HARD wind moving left to right. Tree in front was in the perfect tweener spot, too far to interfere with my swing but close enough that the ball would stay under the branches initially. Pin being front left was good because I could just play to the approach right in front of it, then I heard Freddie Kong in my head telling me to see the shot. Knew if I took my 150 club and just stayed in the swing I could put it pin high on the approach but with the wind coming left to right it might let me turn it with a little fade into the pin...and boy did it.

Took a pic FROM the spot, labeled (drew) where the pin was with paint (still hard to read, behind the trees though):
photo11_zps5bcd86ad.jpg

Took a pic from the green back toward where I was and tries to label it with paint:
photo22_zpsbb6e61e4.jpg

And on the green:
photo32_zpsbccd1fd9.jpg

Made the putt too. WHOO!

Well done dude! That's a killer shot

Thanks buddy, it was one of those shots that just makes everything feel right and you just smile away.

We won't talk about the follow up hole though. Haha

Nice shot, Jman!

Nice recovery Jman. Put that one in the mental bank and draw from it to show you can execute it if needed.

Great shot James.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long par 3 into a mean wind. Played about 185 today and I hit 5w to roughly 15 ft. Today was the first time I've hit that green!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

5i from 188 to 10' to get on a par 5 in two! Juuuuust missed the eagle putt, but a tap in birdie is a-ok in my books.

Long par 3 into a mean wind. Played about 185 today and I hit 5w to roughly 15 ft. Today was the first time I've hit that green!

#5??? Nice dude!!

photo11_zps5bcd86ad.jpg

photo22_zpsbb6e61e4.jpg

And on the green:
photo32_zpsbccd1fd9.jpg

Made the putt too. WHOO!

Nice little recovery shot James!

#5??? Nice dude!!

Yes sir. Wind was howling so I just clubbed up and put a nice swing on it. I lost the ball as soon as it hit the clouds so I just watch the green hopping I could pick it up as it hit the ground. Much to my surprise it landed on the green!

Second shot on a short par 5 my 6 iron hit the right slope on the green and it rolled right up to within a foot. I was nervous I was going to blow the gimme eagle putt, almost did.

Got lucky again 3 holes later and holed a chip from just off the green. Rest of the round wasn't great but I'll remember the good ones.

The only good shot of my round today was the tee shot on a dogleg left par 4. I have been hitting the ball super high, so I pulled 4 wood and aimed at the corner. I ended up hitting it high and carried the trees at the corner and landed just short of the kind guarding the green. Had 100 yards left, which is incredible on this hole. Anything under 160 is a bonus.

Today, 125yrd par three elevated tee over water. Pitching wedge directly over pin and backed up about 5', left it 2' just behind the pin. Nice down hill right to left single putt for my first birdie of the season..... Best part about it, there was a greens keeper on the green who stopped to let me hit up, nice congratulatory clap and a comment, "excellent form for this early in the season Sir" definately made my day!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back