Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

Mine have the regular graphite shafts.

I purchased them on ebay from 3ballsgolf. They arrived a day early and in great shape. I never thought I could get them as inexpensive as I did… $243 plus shipping. I figured at that price, I ould resift them if I didn't like the shafts.

I'm glad you came back to the Tude family Cookie, we have missed you. :banana:

Mine have the regular graphite shafts.

I purchased them on ebay from 3ballsgolf. They arrived a day early and in great shape. I never thought I could get them as inexpensive as I did… $243 plus shipping. I figured at that price, I ould resift them if I didn't like the shafts.

I'll check them out when I get a chance , thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

You're more than welcome to swing them.

I definitely find these easier to hit over traditional irons moving from 6 and lower. They are similar to the new Ping Karsten set with a wider sole that prevents digging and fat shots, etc.

If you can get over the looks, they are a phenomenal set that just make the game easier.
Are you gaming these or the new TM CBs in Lake Chuck?

What is everyone's thoughts on putting in a stiff low spin shaft into the Tudes

Thinking about trying out a few of my nunchuk iron shafts in the Tudes

(Currently in my Mizuno JPX 800 pros)

What is everyone's thoughts on putting in a stiff low spin shaft into the Tudes

Thinking about trying out a few of my nunchuk iron shafts in the Tudes

(Currently in my Mizuno JPX 800 pros)

I think they might work, give them a try and let us know how it goes.

What's not to like about these clubs? Had a nice low 60s degree night and spent some time on the range working the irons. My, smooth, in tempo swing is producing some long, high, straight shots with these clubs. I cannot wait to shoot some low scores this season:

Here's the 6 hyron numbers:

And the freaking rocket launching 4 hyron:

But the best thing is they go basically straight. Draw or fade is generally limited to 5 yards either way. What a weapon these things are!

Golf4life you're killing em man! You have the stock graphite shafts in those?

Golf4life you're killing em man! You have the stock graphite shafts in those?

I do indeed, the actionlite 55s in stiff flex. Honestly they hold up fine for me when I stay smooth. When I get quick I can flare them a little high and right but they have been solid for me.

I do indeed, the actionlite 55s in stiff flex. Honestly they hold up fine for me when I stay smooth. When I get quick I can flare them a little high and right but they have been solid for me.

Based on what your doing with them I have no worries about the shafts then. I gotta get me some of these this year!

What do you hit the PW and DW?

Based on what your doing with them I have no worries about the shafts then. I gotta get me some of these this year!

I don't think you can go wrong with these irons. If you can live with the looks, they will perform. I LOVE the fact they have almost no offset so they set up great at address and don't promote hooks at all.

I don't think you can go wrong with these irons. If you can live with the looks, they will perform. I LOVE the fact they have almost no offset so they set up great at address and don't promote hooks at all.

I'm already over the looks based on the performance I have seen even with the few times I have hit one. Not promoting hooks is music to my ears as well. Any surprise flyers with them that go over the green?

My DI's are nearly as long and very forgiving (lateraly), but I often get a nasty hook when trying to push them too hard. Then I back off, things go great for while, only to hit one ten yards over the green. That stuff was killing me last year!

I'm already over the looks based on the performance I have seen even with the few times I have hit one. Not promoting hooks is music to my ears as well. Any surprise flyers with them that go over the green?

My DI's are nearly as long and very forgiving (lateraly), but I often get a nasty hook when trying to push them too hard. Then I back off, things go great for while, only to hit one ten yards over the green. That stuff was killing me last year!

I have not had a problem with the random flyers that some see with different distance irons (I myself had it happen to me a few times when I played the Burner 2.0s a couple years ago). The only time I've hit flyers with these is when in the rough and getting the grass between ball and club reducing the spin, but nothing can prevent those.

I have not had a problem with the random flyers that some see with different distance irons (I myself had it happen to me a few times when I played the Burner 2.0s a couple years ago). The only time I've hit flyers with these is when in the rough and getting the grass between ball and club reducing the spin, but nothing can prevent those.

That's good to know. I'm already planning to grab a set of these as soon as possible, but more positive reinforcement never hurts.

Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

Really liking the Tudes in the nunchuk shafts.

They still launch high, which is nice, but the dispersion is way down.

Just point and shoot, definitely much heavier at 104 grams than stock, but I like that.

I just tested the PW and 7 iron, as I didn't want to take the plunge on the whole set just yet.

Loving the forgiving head with a super legit shaft.

I see this being a real game changer for me.

Really liking the Tudes in the nunchuk shafts.

They still launch high, which is nice, but the dispersion is way down.

Just point and shoot, definitely much heavier at 104 grams than stock, but I like that.

I just tested the PW and 7 iron, as I didn't want to take the plunge on the whole set just yet.

Loving the forgiving head with a super legit shaft.

I see this being a real game changer for me.

Awesome!

Well I couldn't wait any longer! haha
I pulled the trigger on a new set of these 4-P graphite stiff, should be here by next week. I really wanted 4-D, but these were all I could find. I suppose I could get the D wedge by itself.

Well I couldn't wait any longer! haha
I pulled the trigger on a new set of these 4-P graphite stiff, should be here by next week. I really wanted 4-D, but these were all I could find. I suppose I could get the D wedge by itself.

Congratulations! You can order individual clubs pretty easily for the DW when you're ready. Enjoy the cheating sticks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations! You can order individual clubs pretty easily for the DW when you're ready. Enjoy the cheating sticks!

Thanks! I'm sure I will. I got nothin against easy.
btw, how do you like the 3 hyron?

Thanks! I'm sure I will. I got nothin against easy.
btw, how do you like the 3 hyron?

It's a good club, flights a little lower than the rest. I just did some gap testing tonight and it's only averaging about 8-10 yards more than the 4 so I may look to get something in a 2 hybrid for better gapping. It's been a fairway finder, but I can see using the 4 without giving up much for that role in my bag.

It's a good club, flights a little lower than the rest. I just did some gap testing tonight and it's only averaging about 8-10 yards more than the 4 so I may look to get something in a 2 hybrid for better gapping. It's been a fairway finder, but I can see using the 4 without giving up much for that role in my bag.

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind as I fill in the top of my bag.

Back