TaylorMade ATV Wedges Review - Forum Testing

These wedges have been out about 18 months. I wonder it Taylormade plans on updating them anytime soon.

The new new TP wedges will be out in April

The new new TP wedges will be out in April

I saw them in a store today. The sole on the 55º is narrower than the old 56º. It looked pretty similar to one of the SM5 grinds (can't remember which - possibly M?).

I want to get the TP wedges with the ATV grind, they look like quality wedges.

Hi there just got a set of new ATV 52/56/60. What club would you recommend to use in the hard-packed sand bunkers? I am a bit confused as I hear different views....any input very much appreciate. Thanks!

Hi there just got a set of new ATV 52/56/60. What club would you recommend to use in the hard-packed sand bunkers? I am a bit confused as I hear different views....any input very much appreciate. Thanks!

I use my 58 in the sand so id think your 56 or 60 would be fine. Depends if you want to open the face or not

Both should get it out fine. Just make sure you open them up.

I'm thinking about finding a set of 50 54 58 ATV wedges. Or maybe keeping my custom 56 in the bag and getting a 50 and 60. So many options. I love that I can find ATV wedges for cheap now adays

What is the cheapest anyone has seen these new?

Ebay full set of 3 for 85 buy it now. Ive won a few in auction for as low as 13 or as high as 40 each. so not bad for brand new. gotta love ebay.

Ebay full set of 3 for 85 buy it now. Ive won a few in auction for as low as 13 or as high as 40 each. so not bad for brand new. gotta love ebay.

That's not bad at all!
Do you think 50 56 60 would be too big of a gap?

Both should get it out fine. Just make sure you open them up.

Thanks. So given the fact that there is no determined bounce on the wedges you just choose the wedge on the basis of loft? Any hint to get familiar with the ATV concept?

Thanks. So given the fact that there is no determined bounce on the wedges you just choose the wedge on the basis of loft? Any hint to get familiar with the ATV concept?

Just swing away and watch the ATV sole work for you. I've been playing my 56 since Taylormade sent it to me two years ago

Just swing away and watch the ATV sole work for you. I've been playing my 56 since Taylormade sent it to me two years ago

Thanks...i am still quite struggling in the wet/firm sand, I need to practice more and test the various lofts

Thanks...i am still quite struggling in the wet/firm sand, I need to practice more and test the various lofts

If I remember, in firm sand I opened the face a little and it came right out.

This may not be what's actually happening but this is how it "feels" to me - when square or closed, it feels like there is small to moderate bounce. When I open them up, it feels like I have a lot of bounce. If you open up in the bunker and splash the sand first, those suckers will not dig. They are really cool wedges and the most effective wedges I've ever owned.

Anyone give me a thought or two about the FST KBS Tour + Steel Wedgeflex shaft available in the ATV's?

Looking at these things and wondering if this will be too stiff in a 54 deg. all purpose wedge.

Also, any thoughts on the 50 degree off a tee on short par 3's?

Anyone give me a thought or two about the FST KBS Tour + Steel Wedgeflex shaft available in the ATV's?

Looking at these things and wondering if this will be too stiff in a 54 deg. all purpose wedge.

Also, any thoughts on the 50 degree off a tee on short par 3's?

There is a par 3 at my home course that they tend to do some work on the tee box every so often. Anyway, the push the tee up to the forward box and it plays anywhere from 100-115 yards. Depending on what I feel like doing(full swing vs Pelz swing), I will hit a 50 ATV wedge. It took me a little bit to get comfortable hitting these with a full swing, but now it's not big deal.

I have the 50/54/58 and they all have the KBS Hi-Rev shafts in them. Everything about them is good for me.

I know there is a lot of love for this wedge, but I cannot get a good feel for the 56*. I bought it as a replacement for my SCOR that fell apart and have not had the success with it compared to the SCOR. Will keep it in the bag until I can save up some dough for the Hopkins channel grind.

TaylorMade ATV Wedges Review - Forum Testing

I know there is a lot of love for this wedge, but I cannot get a good feel for the 56*. I bought it as a replacement for my SCOR that fell apart and have not had the success with it compared to the SCOR. Will keep it in the bag until I can save up some dough for the Hopkins channel grind.

I think the new TM ATV grind I think has smoothed out some of the rough edges of the original ATV you should give those a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice thread. I just bought a pair of these, 52° & 56°, on the bay new for like 90 bucks. My buddy swears by these wedges and my short game needs the most attention in 2015. Anyone still bag these wedges??

Nice thread. I just bought a pair of these, 52° & 56°, on the bay new for like 90 bucks. My buddy swears by these wedges and my short game needs the most attention in 2015. Anyone still bag these wedges??

I've got 50, 52, 54, 56, 58 and 60. I still game the 50/54/58. Great wedges.

My rocketbladez set came with a 50 and 55 that have the ATV sole. My home course is usually pretty moist and thick and while I'm no expert at short game I don't ever blame it on the club. They perform just right when I swing them right

Last edited:
I'm gaming the 52* and the 60*. Love them, especially out of the bunker.

I moved to the Tour Preferred ATV. Really nice wedges. Still use the original ATV in the backyard. It's a great wedge.

I've had my 56 in the bag since I was chosen a tester for it a few years back. Still love it and this puppy will stay in the bag until the grooves are worn off. :thumb:

Back