What golf stuff did you buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought 4 dozen sr3. Buy three get one free

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Great pickups Ryan!

I went in to buy a nice white Callaway hat today but all their hats had bent bills and they were all kind of dirty already. I then wanted a Srixon hat, but they only had those in black. Eventually I walked out with a Titleist hat and I'm quite happy with it!

Nice bundle!

I keep waiting for Oakley price drops over here but never seem to catch them, I've said it before but pretty much all their stuff is just super classy.

Oakley is definitely my fave apparel brand. Everything just seems to fit me perfectly (I like my stuff a little more fitted/athletic cut).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Great pickups Ryan!

I went in to buy a nice white Callaway hat today but all their hats had bent bills and they were all kind of dirty already. I then wanted a Srixon hat, but they only had those in black. Eventually I walked out with a Titleist hat and I'm quite happy with it!

Nice dude! Reppin your Scotty putter haha

Oakley is definitely my fave apparel brand. Everything just seems to fit me perfectly (I like my stuff a little more fitted/athletic cut).

I love their polos, hats and belts but the Oakley pants just don't fit me proper unfortunately.

I call these the THP edition!
u3avudy2.jpg

Added 588 MTs--5 and 6 irons to the bag. Decided to ditch the Altitudes because of a distance gap between those and my hybrids. Hoping to play tomorrow after church and brother-in-law visit.

Picked up this Srixon Staff bag on the bay

$_57.JPG

I love their polos, hats and belts but the Oakley pants just don't fit me proper unfortunately.

Bummer dude. The pants are quality, but I admit they definitely fit differently than other brands.

I also picked up some new spikes for my shoes and a new grip for my GW.

Bought a Caddyshack Gopher head cover for my driver.

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Ordersled 3 dozen Hex Chrome+ yellow calls from rock bottom golf. Their cost plus 5% coupon plus free shipping came out to $28 a dozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paid in full for the SeeMore event and Indy invitational!

Made the mistake of taking my 8 year old daughter to Golf Galaxy for the first time. Wound up spending $205 and all I got was 2 shaft extensions for a couple putters that I'm experimenting with. She got new Puma shoes, 3 golf shirts, a golf skirt, and a golf book!

Honestly, I LOVE the fact that I finally have kid that's enthusiastic about golf. My 2 teenagers play sporadically and never showed any real interest for golf. She loves the game and will have every opportunity to be as good as she wants to be. She starts a kids golf program/youth league at our club next Sunday that runs until Thanksgiving. The other beauty is my wife is always telling me to take her golfing! In our pre-kids days my wife was super annoyed with my 5 day a week golf addiction and now she is basically ordering me to take my daughter golfing!! :act-up: If this is what middle age is like I will take it - I could see 80 or 90 rounds coming this season!

Bought an Xhot2 3deep, bushnell neo and puma red Biofusion spikeless

Have you hit the Xhot 3Deep? I'm interested in hearing a comparison between the XHot and X2Hot

Demoed a bunch of hybos this a.m. I brought my current hybo to compare, a 4h Xhot. First shot was 200 yards and straight, so I figured that was a good baseline for the 3h's I was gonna try. I hit the Jetspeed, SLDR, i25, DHy, Adams Pro, X2hot, Bio Cell, and Anser. The final 3 were X2hot, Bio Cell and Adams Pro, all in regular flex.

I was leaning towards the Bio cell because I was hitting it just as good as the other two, but at a higher loft. But when I lowered the loft, I didn't see much of a change and when I started getting tired, I saw a pretty good loss of distance that I didn't see with the other two. I also was getting a little higher ball flight than I was looking for. Still though, it's a very solid club.

So it came down to the X2hot and Adams Pro. The regular flex in the Pro made a world of difference for me and it set up like a long iron, which appealed to me. Lateral forgiveness wasn't as much as a lot of the other clubs though. The x2hot had a very distinct feel and sound at impact that I loved and the face definitely felt hot. My only concern with the x2hot is what concerns me with a lot of hybos; it feels more like a FW and I'm not sure how well it will perform out of the rough for me.

I settled on hitting 5 balls with each. I was pretty tired at this point, but I liked comparing the clubs while I was fatigued to see how much the club could help when I wasn't 100%. And honestly, it was extremely close. The numbers were very similar, but in the end, I went with the X2hot. Ball flight was slightly lower, it was more forgiving for me and the feel/sound at impact was pretty special. It kind of reminds me of the impact I used to get from the X fairway woods. One of the improvements IMO between the Xhot and X2hot is the shape of the club head and it makes it much better to line up at address. I'm not in love with the orange color theme, but whatever, when a club performs like this one, it can be Puce for all I care.

Now on to figuring out the FW. I'm looking at you, X2hot and Big Bertha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ping i20s irons for $400
and Srixon Q Stars

Three polos, a belt, and a compression long sleeve shirt. All for $80 can't really complain.

Another ball marker; and hat for my dad.

And won a Yonex Ezone 3h in a closest to the pin contest. #onlygoodteeshotoftheday

This will phase out my Oakley hat that is more brown than white.

rysejesa.jpg

Callaway Big Bertha 3 wood. Put a bid on it figuring it would be too low.

Stupid ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back