#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Love seeing the excitement around this event continuing to build. Seems like this one has been awaiting its time for an eternity and now we are finally just a few weeks away. Looking forward to following along for this amazing weekend.

The start of a new week, one week closer! Your preparations are coming down to the end. Where is your focus? Another lesson? Some range work? Short game? Putting? What is your focus as it gets closer to the big event?

Pretty excited to see what this week brings.

Love seeing the excitement around this event continuing to build. Seems like this one has been awaiting its time for an eternity and now we are finally just a few weeks away. Looking forward to following along for this amazing weekend.

So True MD.

I remember when we were all taking guess as to what, who and where The King was.

This is surely going to be an event the participants will remember for a lifetime.

My focus is my game from 175-195 out and my tee game. A lot of time is being spent with my 4 wood making sure that I have an alternative for holes with trouble or when a shot center fairway is absolutely needed. I know I may not see a ton of shots from that distance but looking over my past rounds that is where I seem to lose too many strokes.

Of course putting and chipping is getting lots of attention but with the current conditions up here there is only so much I can do. These greens are so soft that even a mis-hit chip or pitch checks up unrealistically quick. While in Palm Springs I got in a TON of short game work on the hard and fast greens, and I'm much better for it.

Twilight rounds after work are the name of the game for me. I can usually get out by myself and either play a serious round or drop balls wherever I want and practice to my heart's content. Next time I think I'll play 2 balls, one with driver, and one with 4 wood and see how that works out. Should give me approaches with every club in the bag.

The start of a new week, one week closer! Your preparations are coming down to the end. Where is your focus? Another lesson? Some range work? Short game? Putting? What is your focus as it gets closer to the big event?

Lessons. Originally thought I'd do two before the event. Already got two in and thinking two more. On course prep hasn't really been an option up to this point. I've worked on course before anyways, have never worked on my swing like this. Got a new putting stroke I worked on in winter that I'm hoping will change my game on the greens.

Apologies for being MIA. Dealing with some large issues at work.

Will be back in the mix once things hopefully get worked out.

J

Hey Kevin!

I have three lessons scheduled between now and the event. First one is this Thursday. I wish I could have started these two months ago but didn't have the $ then. My teacher hasn't been available the last 2 weeks either so it's a later start than I wanted. I'm not going in for a full swing overhaul though just to tighten up everything. Will have him look at my putting, short game, irons, metals and driver.

My biggest areas to improve are my long irons, bunker play, short game and putting.

I'm already seeing improvement in the putting and short game, from the practice I've been getting in so will continue to focus on them.

Going to try to get in two 9 hole rounds, plus one 18 hole round each week till the event.

Gonna be practicing everything of course, but the focus is 100 yards and in for me - putting, chipping, pitching/wedge work, and sand play if I can find a dry trap around here. It's the part of my game that needs the most fine tuning before the event. Also planning on a tune up lesson as well probably next weekend (Apr 13).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Kevin I will be working hard on my short game with pitching, chipping, and putting as my primary focus. I'll have at least two more lessons between now to guide me in my practice routines. I'll also continue to work on driving consistency. I'm pumped to say the least! :golf2::thumb: The golf is going to be epic in terms of the event itself, the THP'ers and of course the wonderful Callaway staff being involved. The only thing that could make it more epic for me, is to see the King (Mr. Palmer) himself! Wow that would make my day!!

Taking JB's challenge in mind I played a course yesterday that I hadn't played in over a year. Was probably my 4th or 5th time playing.

Played Braelin Golf Club down in Peachtree City Georgia. Plays just under 6,400 from the blues rating of 70.4 / slope 130. Shot 39/47 for 86. 7 FWYs, 6 GIR, 14 GIRP, 32 putts (two 3-putts). 10 pars, 4 bogeys, 2 doubles, 2 triples.

Blow up holes really cost me on the back. Really pleased with that front score especially with the wind being heavy yesterday. Have to get more consistent, though. Can't have back nines like that in Orlando.

Breaking down the blow up holes both double bogies were due to 3 putts.

Both triples cane from poor course management. Club selection off tee on one par 3 - trouble was up front in greenside bunkers. I should have taken longer club and aimed for back of green. 2nd triple was due to poor line choice on tee shot finding a hazard.

Taking JB's challenge in mind I played a course yesterday that I hadn't played in over a year. Was probably my 4th or 5th time playing.

Played Braelin Golf Club down in Peachtree City Georgia. Plays just under 6,400 from the blues rating of 70.4 / slope 130. Shot 39/47 for 86. 7 FWYs, 6 GIR, 14 GIRP, 32 putts (two 3-putts). 10 pars, 4 bogeys, 2 doubles, 2 triples.

Blow up holes really cost me on the back. Really pleased with that front score especially with the wind being heavy yesterday. Have to get more consistent, though. Can't have back nines like that in Orlando.

Breaking down the blow up holes both double bogies were due to 3 putts.

Both triples cane from poor course management. Club selection off tee on one par 3 - trouble was up front in greenside bunkers. I should have taken longer club and aimed for back of green. 2nd triple was due to poor line choice on tee shot finding a hazard.

Sounds like you learned some solid things in this round. Nice work!

Gonna be practicing everything of course, but the focus is 100 yards and in for me - putting, chipping, pitching/wedge work, and sand play if I can find a dry trap around here. It's the part of my game that needs the most fine tuning before the event. Also planning on a tune up lesson as well probably next weekend (Apr 13).

I'm in the same boat about dry traps. The one's at my home course have seem soaked for the last 3 months with all the rain we've had and are in poor maintenance. Really not conducive to practice from them.

I'm in the same boat about dry traps. The one's at my home course have seem soaked for the last 3 months with all the rain we've had and are in poor maintenance. Really not conducive to practice from them.

Yeah, it's just not realistic. I've been practicing anyway cause it's better than nothing, but I'm hoping to get some work out of real sand in CA this weekend.

I'm focusing on as much short game as I can handle. I've got a lesson scheduled for this week, but I don't know if I will have any more before the event. I don't want to have to groove any new moves in the swing without enough time to dedicate to that. I have made pretty big strides with my swing during the winter, so I think I'm in a good place there.

My results from my rounds this weekend prove that I need more work on the short game. I'm keeping the ball in play off the tee and not missing by too much going into the greens, but I am giving away some strokes near the green. More effort there will pay dividends quickly.

i'm focusing on improving everything but really working on wedge work my pelz system and short game. i do have a lesson planned this thursday to work on my irons since i'm a little rusty get him to look at my swing and hit a few buckets i should be back in the groove in no time.

I'm focusing on short game and putting, it always comes down to putting. I have been trying to set up a match play round with some buddies at a local course for a few weeks and it looks like it might finally happen, so I'll have myself in a similar thought process to that in the King. Crazy excited to get down there and get things going!

This is getting so close. Cant wait to see who will be Crowned the King

Just catching up from a long, but good weekend. Played two rounds this weekend and feel pretty good about the current state of my game. Greens were like carpet and super inconsistent so I probably 3 putted a 1/3rd of the holes.. No biggie, I felt like I was reading them alright, just not getting my distance. Hoping to get some major range time during the week and at least 36 every weekend the weather cooperates. Being able to play outside where I live this weekend put my mind in freakin over drive. I know what needs work and can't wait to beat every little issue out and be in prime form in less than a month!

ScottyG and Finley in the house per Q&A with Harry!

#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Harry just said Finley was with him. Not sure if a tease or the truth but JB said we would know today!

EDIT. JB confirmed!

ScottyG and Finley in the house per Q&A with Harry!

Harry just said Finley was with him. Not sure if a tease or the truth but JB said we would know today!

EDIT. JB confirmed!

Am I missing something, or does the math not add up? I think we are missing 2 people for each team??
Even with the addition of Tadashi and War making 8 THP + 1 ZooCrew + 1 Captain = 10 People

(Quoted from first post, added the 2 ZooCrew announcements from a minute ago).
Team Event
Team Captains - Harry Arnett and Chad Coleman
2 members of the Zoo Crew on each side
7 members of THP on each side
Each team 12 deep and ready for battle

Teams
Captain - Harry Arnett
Zoo Crew - Finley
ArmyGolf
Buckjob
cpljohnst
golf4life
Teedupthoughts
Martsy
sparksjr
War Eagle

Captain - Chad Coleman
Zoo Crew - Scotty G
SkiBumGolfer
drp3434
CaptainCaution
JimmyG
akrobby
jjmorris
Ole Gray
Tadashi

Yes. You missed an announcement a couple of weeks back. Only 2 #zoocrew members per team now. 10 person total on each.

Back