Cleveland 588 Hybrid Review

Your review frightens me as well, I love my classic hybrid and didn't wanna buy new hybrid this yr!!!! It seems as if the 588 has incorporated all the best of the last few yrs! I'll definitely be demoing one, maybe a late season purchase?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The variable face thickness being added to this model alone makes it worth a look IMO.

I have the Mashie + in my 3 slot so exited to see this as the MC replacement for my bag--not sure if they are going to do a + line here as well.

No +'s, the +'s in the mashies were for offset mostly, these don't have nearly as much offset as the mashies did so no real need.

The variable face thickness being added to this model alone makes it worth a look IMO.

No +'s, the +'s in the mashies were for offset mostly, these don't have nearly as much offset as the mashies did so no real need.

I'm hard pondering 2 of them in the bag...which is crazy talk for me.
# believer

I'm hard pondering 2 of them in the bag...which is crazy talk for me.
# believer

I'd love to spend some time with the 26 to be honest.

These are gorgeous

Yeah for me it will come down to my love for whatever 4iron is in the set. ..but these things are so legit it's scary

Hopefully you still have this in Dallas...I promise to swing it while the Adams guys are busy on other stuff :)

I adore my Mashie and have been looking to upgrade my other hybrids and after this review these might just be the club I am looking for, I like the compact head with a Matrix shaft and low CG, sounds like a winner.

This one deserved another nudge after yesterdays round, I've continued to find more and more consistency with it and as I do I have become more enamored with the ball flight I am getting out of a 20* hybrid. In fact, the flight makes it easy to forget I'm actually hitting a 20 in the first place because the pairing launches for me like it does. Messed around with it out of trouble yesterday too and actually pulled off a nice intentional rope hook on a par 5 to get back in the short stuff and advanced. I don't say this lightly, but, Cleveland guys should be excited IMO.

This one deserved another nudge after yesterdays round, I've continued to find more and more consistency with it and as I do I have become more enamored with the ball flight I am getting out of a 20* hybrid. In fact, the flight makes it easy to forget I'm actually hitting a 20 in the first place because the pairing launches for me like it does. Messed around with it out of trouble yesterday too and actually pulled off a nice intentional rope hook on a par 5 to get back in the short stuff and advanced. I don't say this lightly, but, Cleveland guys should be excited IMO.

This guy is for sure!! haha. Stupid winter. I haven't been this pumped for an ENTIRE line in a long long time.

This guy is for sure!! haha. Stupid winter. I haven't been this pumped for an ENTIRE line in a long long time.

The classic was a really good improvement for them, but by improving the footprint even more, utilizing the weight in the rear sole for CG purposes, and then installing the variable face thickness they took it to another level.

The classic was a really good improvement for them, but by improving the footprint even more, utilizing the weight in the rear sole for CG purposes, and then installing the variable face thickness they took it to another level.

I love when technology actually improves a club and it isn't just for show. Not that it happens frequently, but it does happen. It seems that this entire line has been IMPROVED with technology.

Hmm, I need a 5h yet, might have to get one of these.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Same here. I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go. Definitely going to give the 4H a run as thats the only other hybrid I have to compare to. From the sound of it, these and the fairways are legit.

Same here. I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go. Definitely going to give the 4H a run as thats the only other hybrid I have to compare to. From the sound of it, these and the fairways are legit.

I agree dude. They seem to be VERY legit. Here's hoping two of these find their way into my bag haha

I have been playing with the Cleveland Mashies now thanks to Bhilln and was wondering if anyone else have compared the mashies to the 588 hybrids? Have been hitting the mashies very well and there so easy to hit, if the 588's are better I can't wait to get my hands on them.

I have been playing with the Cleveland Mashies now thanks to Bhilln and was wondering if anyone else have compared the mashies to the 588 hybrids? Have been hitting the mashies very well and there so easy to hit, if the 588's are better I can't wait to get my hands on them.

Haven't hit them, but have compared the two. Much less offset than the mashies.

Would you say there longer? And if you got to choose between the two which one would you choose.

I think length is relative. Personally, I feel that most would think that the 588 is longer. Personally, I'd go 588 as offset and I don't get along haha

I think length is relative. Personally, I feel that most would think that the 588 is longer. Personally, I'd go 588 as offset and I don't get along haha

Guess I'll just have to see what they do next to the mashies I got.

Apparently I bought a used one of these on Saturday night. 5 hybrid for something like $70, which was a actually a pretty good decision considering the circumstances lol. Got an R flex shaft and hoping to see some big high shots that are straighter and more consistent than the 5 iron has been. If it doesn't work out, at least I know for July.

Apparently I bought a used one of these on Saturday night. 5 hybrid for something like $70, which was a actually a pretty good decision considering the circumstances lol. Got an R flex shaft and hoping to see some big high shots that are straighter and more consistent than the 5 iron has been. If it doesn't work out, at least I know for July.

You're going to enjoy this one Hawk. You really really will.

You're going to enjoy this one Hawk. You really really will.

I think so too dude. From what you've said and just seeing it in-hand, I'm thinking it will be a great fit.

Nice dude. Sweet purchase. Love those vague buys that just happen to show up :alien:

Yay. 588 5h is coming home to papa today. High balls with some oomph are incoming.

Back