Did someone say that above?

I think it was a joke because he's small and most likely not using PEDs.

I think there used to be more, but not as much anymore, but yes there is some use, there has to be.

If he was juiced, he needs a new supplier lol

I think it was a joke because he's small and most likely not using PEDs.

Do I believe it is being used...yes. Do I think they should test, no. Golf is different than other sports. In baseball if you hit the ball farther because you are stronger from PED's that = more runs for your team, better stats/image for you. PED's in golf are not going to give you an excellent short game, they are not going to cure the yips. They are not going to make you be able to hit a draw on command. I just don't think PED's cause any real PE in golf.

Do I believe it is being used...yes. Do I think they should test, no. Golf is different than other sports. In baseball if you hit the ball farther because you are stronger from PED's that = more runs for your team, better stats/image for you. PED's in golf are not going to give you an excellent short game, they are not going to cure the yips. They are not going to make you be able to hit a draw on command. I just don't think PED's cause any real PE in golf.

That's exactly what Kuch was talking about on Feherty last night. He was saying bulking up doesn't exactly make you amazing at golf

But they could make you heal faster.
They could give you more energy.

But they could make you heal faster.
They could give you more energy.

That is true...but tournaments are not held to see who is the best golfer in the best health...It is the best golfer...if a pro takes a PED to heal from an injury faster to get back to his peak potential I am ok with that. It has not raised his peak potential overall. A redbull can give you more energy as well.

Yes, 100% yes I think there is PEDs use on tour. Do I think it's a problem, no. But I believe there are players using

I think all sports should test.

No.......and to echo Matt Kuchar's thoughts, I'm not sure how it would help them play better golf.

~Rock

Good topic. I think some are pushing the boundaries and not getting caught. I believe in 2011 Dustin Johnson was accused of using PEDS but I believe it was speculation. He said it was his back. The testing results aren't public are they? So in reality you could get caught and say you have injury for example Jason Day with thumb. I'm not accusing anyone but an example of what could be if records aren't released.

I most definitely think PEDs are being used on the tour. Just as I believe they are being used in ALL major sports. The stakes are just too high. There is so much pressure to perform well, everything from providing for their families to the pressure of wins for their corporate sponsors. That kind of pressure added with the the staggering amounts of money to be had, some will do just about anything to win.

That is true...but tournaments are not held to see who is the best golfer in the best health...It is the best golfer...if a pro takes a PED to heal from an injury faster to get back to his peak potential I am ok with that. It has not raised his peak potential overall. A redbull can give you more energy as well.

So you really dont think taking PEDs would assist a golfer?
I have to say I am a bit surprised by this.

If one gets stronger, faster and has more energy and heels faster (all speculation), it without a shadow of a doubt would assist them in the game of golf at the highest level.

So you really dont think taking PEDs would assist a golfer?
I have to say I am a bit surprised by this.

If one gets stronger, faster and has more energy and heels faster (all speculation), it without a shadow of a doubt would assist them in the game of golf at the highest level.

I do think it would help slightly...mainly with injuries. But most PED's are used to increase muscle mass (they often a derivative of the testosterone making process). As we all know, more muscle mass does not = much of anything in golf. Not even increased distance. Other than faster healing from injuries I just don't feel it really improves a golfers performance level enough to warrant testing.

I'm not sure it's an issue but it wouldn't surprise me if guys were using them.

Of course there are some golfers using them. Take me back 30 years, and dangle a possible pro career in front of me. Nobody comes out of a college sports program unaware of PEDs.
Assistant pro at South Nowhere or PGA Tour? I know that the me of 30 years ago would have. Today, probably not, but it's easy for me to decline an impossibility today.
They're seen as an edge. And if they ever bust someone, it'll be a fringe guy who thinks, rightly or wrongly, that he needed an edge.

Will a high profile player ever get busted? I suspect not. Doesn't mean they aren't using, just that they know better how to cover it.

I would bet it's a bigger problem than people think; The big advantage is recovery time and energy levels. With the amount of training and having to be at ones top of their game.. range time, practice rounds, tournaments... I believe there are advantages, not necessarily in pure strength necessarly but just in being able to maintain the grind for such a long season.

YES, I suspect they are being used.
Steriods, no. They are not trying to bulk up.
Something to help the body recover faster, YES. Playing four competitive rounds in a row, plus a pro am, plus a practice round or two, not to mention practice, often several weeks in a row is tougher than any of us will ever know.
Something to calm your nerves on Sunday afternoon, you bet.
Ileagle drugs, maybe not so much.
With the $$ and fame on the line, I suspect PEDs that help muscle recovery and help battle nerves are being used by more than a few guys. To much to be gained.

Is it an issue? I don't believe so. Are there players using them? I'm sure there is guys out there using em. To me I don't really see how it could benefit them tho. Juice or not these guys are the best ball strikers in the world. They are so precise it's mind boggling. No juice in the world will make you strike the ball any cleaner IMO. How much distance would they actually gain being on the juice rather than not? To me not even to make a difference, they still have to putt and have a phenomenal short game.

I think they should test and I think they are being used. Anytime crazy amounts of $$$ are mentioned, someone will do something to improve their chances.

There are two major types of steroids- builders and cutters. Builders increase mass and size where as cutters maintain (increase slightly) strength without adding size (also burn fat, hence the nickname). My money is on guys cycling just like other sports but staying closer to the cutter side. But it absolutely happens.

Yes - any not from a strength perspective - but from a recovery perspective

Guys are in better shape EVERY year on tour. If people think that is simply because of more time in the gym they are delusional.

Back