Tiger Woods To Miss Masters

This sucks, and I'm not a Tiger fan. Watching Tiger at Augusta is one of my favourite parts of spring.

This sucks, and I'm not a Tiger fan. Watching Tiger at Augusta is one of my favourite parts of spring.

Agreed with everything here. Really stinks for the entertainment factor.

But what a story his comeback will be next year. Imagine if he's in the hunt next year. Would make for more excitement than the always exciting Masters has seen since Nicklaus in 1984.

not to be a douche but that was 1986. Crenshaw won in '84 I believe.

I'm not sure I follow. Removing Tiger from the 'air time' equation doesn't allow for better focus on other players performing?

That's all I was saying.

I was simply building on what you said about the young players. I have a guy feeling a young guy creeps up from no where and wins. I was saying I don't see a favorite winning tissue year. This year feels like a Trevor Immelmann type of year.

I was simply building on what you said about the young players. I have a guy feeling a young guy creeps up from no where and wins. I was saying I don't see a favorite winning tissue year. This year feels like a Trevor Immelmann type of year.

That'd be awesome. Young blood for a major after all these weeks of first time winners!

Here's to a Graham DeLaet victory!

Agreed. I was talking about this with someone today and we both couldn't pick a favorite.

That'd be awesome. Young blood for a major after all these weeks of first time winners!

Here's to a Graham DeLaet victory!

I'm jumping on this band wagon because of his sweet sweet beard baby!

Tiger Woods To Miss Masters

Does anyone know what the ramifications of this surgery are? any limited movement issues or anything?

I had this surgery in January on 2 herniated discs. My recovery has been slower than I anticipated. Tiger is in fantastic physical condition so I would expect he will recover fast and be playing in 8 weeks or maybe even less but you never know what complications may arise.

I am disappointed he will miss the Masters but it won't stop me from watching but I don't it would stop anyone from watching that is on this forum.

Is it too early to look for his Masters scripting to be on clearance?

I had this surgery in January on 2 herniated discs. My recovery has been slower than I anticipated. Tiger is in fantastic physical condition so I would expect he will recover fast and be playing in 8 weeks or maybe even less but you never know what complications may arise.
When did you start playing again? Or have you yet?

Saw this when I was on my lunch break at work. Really unfortunate if you ask me. I know the field is deeper than ever, but golf is definitely better with Tiger whether you love him or hate him. I hope he finally takes time to fully heal back to 100%. I'd like to see him catch a second wind in his career and really make a push for Jack's record.

States in the article that the average recovery time is 4.5 months. I have been through 4 surgeries in the last 30 months and from my experience you can beat the average recovery time if you diligently follow the physical therapy. My guess is he could be back for the Open at Royal Liverpool. I'm 10 years older than Tiger and my surgically repaired knees and left shoulder are stronger now than they were ago before being injured. I wish him a full recovery. Love him or hate him, he is the biggest thing in golf.

Just catching up on this. Very interesting, though I don't really think it affects the outcome of the Masters. I wish him the best, but I like how things are without him and it will still be an awesome tournament to watch.

Ive said it before and Im going to say it again: as far as catching or even passing Jack goes in terms of majors wins, Tiger is done. The writing has been on the wall for years.

Hope he recovers well and finds someone other than Foley to help with his swing. I kind of think Tiger doesn't love the game and just does it because he's good at it and want's to beat the records not because he wants to play.

When did you start playing again? Or have you yet?

I've hit balls but haven't played yet. I did play 5 holes one day but I just haven't felt ready. I still have muscle imbalance/weakness in my right side and residual nerve pain/numbness but I had compression of the sciatic nerve for 3 years. They say the nerve is slow to recover the longer it's been pinched. I've been in PT about 6 weeks now. I do really well one week and think it's behind me then I overdo and hurt like crazy the next week.

I just hope the surgery repairs the problem and he can continue back on the road to the best golf in his career.

Sad times ..maybe he will win an event here or there.. Or maybe this is it ( the later )No matter what , thanks for all the awesome memories tigerSlam on

I would so rather listen to tiger in the booth than sir nick Faldo .. I hope he considers that option to

Ive said it before and Im going to say it again: as far as catching or even passing Jack goes in terms of majors wins, Tiger is done. The writing has been on the wall for years.

Yeah, he's done. All washed up. He only won 5 times last year....

Wow that's one bold statement there. I am guessing you are being sarcastic?

Yeah, he's done. All washed up. He only won 5 times last year....

I would so rather listen to tiger in the booth than sir nick Faldo .. I hope he considers that option to

While listening to Tiger talk and give insight about the game would certainly be interesting, do you think he would ever do that? I can't picture him in the booth at all. He doesn't seem to have the personality for it.

Wow that's one bold statement there. I am guessing you are being sarcastic?

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. 5 wins in one year for anybody is impressive. Personally I don't think Tiger is done winning. I think he will win a lot more. I do however believe that he will never win another major. I just think there will be too much pressure for even him to over come if he is ever in the hunt on Sunday. I hope I'm wrong I hope he beats Jack's record believe I do believe Tiger is best golfer the game has ever seen.

Back