Tiger Woods To Miss Masters

What if this surgery really helps tremendously and he's able to play like he used to, pain free. Then what? Why do people only assume this is bad for his game? He won five times last year while he was putting off surgery.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. 5 wins in one year for anybody is impressive. Personally I don't think Tiger is done winning. I think he will win a lot more. I do however believe that he will never win another major. I just think there will be too much pressure for even him to over come if he is ever in the hunt on Sunday. I hope I'm wrong I hope he beats Jack's record believe I do believe Tiger is best golfer the game has ever seen.

Jimmy you and I are thinking the same here. Agree with you 100%

Jimmy you and I are thinking the same here. Agree with you 100%

I just feel like the pressure that EVERYONE in sports will be putting on him and the pressure he will be putting on himself that Sunday he is on contention if he ever gets there will be too great for him to over come. Like I said I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it.

Wow that's one bold statement there. I am guessing you are being sarcastic?

Of course lah! Tiger is still the best player in the world, and if this surgery corrects his back pain issues, watch out for the next comeback season.

He could EASILY win another 5 this year if he's back in playing shape in June.

At this point, how many people are asking some question I am...is Tiger Woods done?

Of course lah! Tiger is still the best player in the world, and if this surgery corrects his back pain issues, watch out for the next comeback season.

He could EASILY win another 5 this year if he's back in playing shape in June.

I am hoping he is a new man when he comes back. Hopefully that time off will really get him fixed.

At this point, how many people are asking some question I am...is Tiger Woods done?

Not a chance. They thought Hogan was done after his accident. That man was nearly dead. This is something gentle in comparison to that. If the doctors say he shouldn't have complications, then it's something he can make a swing change if it's something that puts undue stress on it. Similar to the changes post knee surgery.

I think A LOT of people are asking that question. I don't believe he is personally. With today's doctors and technology I think he'll come back in as good as shape as ever AS long as he follows the doctor's orders. I think he wins at least 3-6 times in 2015 with no majors of course.

I don't see Tiger folding under pressure. This guy loves the Sunday pressure.

I just don't see it any more. I think he loved the pressure when everyone else was intimidated by him causing most of his opponents to fold under pressure. No one is intimidated by him or his game anymore, and the fields are deeper than ever.

My sciatic nerve popped out of place a couple years ago. At first I thought it was a pulled hamstring, but after a month of rest it didn't improve. I visited a chiropractor and a massage therapist, but neither helped. It was excruciating pain at times. And then after 2 months I woke up one day and it was all better. Still a mystery to me. But I can't imagine how much worse Tiger's pain was if surgery was the only option.

I just don't see it any more. I think he loved the pressure when everyone else was intimidated by him causing most of his opponents to fold under pressure. No one is intimidated by him or his game anymore, and the fields are deeper than ever.

I guess I just don't see a guy who has won 54 out of 58 tournaments when leading after 54 holes all the sudden start choking because of pressure.

I guess I just don't see a guy who has won 54 out of 58 tournaments when leading after 54 holes all the sudden start choking because of pressure.

Never said he was going to "choke" simply saying the fields are deeper than ever which will make leading after 54 holes more difficult than it has ever been for him and also his opponents are no longer scared of intimidated by him anymore. The pressure he used to put on people just because of his presence won't e there anymore IMO. Again just an opinion.

Never said he was going to "choke" simply saying the fields are deeper than ever which will make leading after 54 holes more difficult than it has ever been for him and also his opponents are no longer scared of intimidated by him anymore. The pressure he used to put on people just because of his presence won't e there anymore IMO. Again just an opinion.

I think too much is being made with this "intimidation factor". I just look to guys like Bob May, Rocco Mediate, David Duval, Phil Mickelson, etc. and they didn't just fall apart because of intimidation. They played fantastic golf right along side Tiger.

There is not a chance he is done. Not even close. Jack won in his 50's, Tiger isnt even 40 yet. He is far from done.

Bummer for Tiger. Some great ball striking will be missed at Augusta. But I could watch 12 or 16 all day on Sunday regardless of who is playing them. Truly a course that can overshine the players. Cant wait.

Tiger has struggled ever since his personal issues blew up on the news. You can almost see a bitter competitor trying to win to prove people wrong instead of just playing golf. I say this being a Tiger fan for years. Hope he watches the Masters and gets that head right.

Tiger has struggled ever since his personal issues blew up on the news. You can almost see a bitter competitor trying to win to prove people wrong instead of just playing golf. I say this being a Tiger fan for years. Hope he watches the Masters and gets that head right.

I agree with this 110%. Very well said.

Not a chance. They thought Hogan was done after his accident. That man was nearly dead. This is something gentle in comparison to that. If the doctors say he shouldn't have complications, then it's something he can make a swing change if it's something that puts undue stress on it. Similar to the changes post knee surgery.
Has Tiger really "come back" from his accident a few years ago?

There's no right answer to that question. If you say no people will agree because no majors have been won by him. So for most people's standards for Tiger no he hasn't. Then you realize he won 5 times in one year. Hard to say that he wasn't back for that year at least.

But its a different world.
Tiger Woods does not need golf.
FWIW, I dont think he is done, but that comparison is like comparing knee injuries to the guys in the NFL in the 60s and 70s who played "through" it. They had limited options.

There is not a chance he is done. Not even close. Jack won in his 50's, Tiger isnt even 40 yet. He is far from done.
Agreed, I think I hear it yesterday that Tiger is still on Jack's pace.

I missed this yesterday, but hate to hear it. I know a lot of people hate Tiger, but it's always more interesting when he's in the hunt.

There's no right answer to that question. If you say no people will agree because no majors have been won by him. So for most people's standards for Tiger no he hasn't. Then you realize he won 5 times in one year. Hard to say that he wasn't back for that year at least.

I dont have the stats here, but I think he had quite a few top fives in the majors too. Still, he is judged and holds himself to a higher standard making his "come back" incomplete, in that everyones standards are set by themselves. Which is a little crazy when all but maybe a few golfers would trade places for those years.

Hasn't won the big ones, no. I thought winning the Players was a nice step since that's not a course he's put up top finishes in usually. He's put himself there in the mix though in several majors. You can't win them all but you've gotta get at least into the conversation. Small steps are good, but he's gotta make a larger push and break that 14 number just to get that monkey off his back.

But its a different world.
Tiger Woods does not need golf.
FWIW, I dont think he is done, but that comparison is like comparing knee injuries to the guys in the NFL in the 60s and 70s who played "through" it. They had limited options.

True, but at least the tech now makes it not as debilitating as injuries back in the 60-70's. He may not ever be 100% healthy but if he's even 90% back, it's better than whatever percentage he's been at this year.

Back