Cobra vs Taylormade

JamesA

Reaction score
Handicap
So I am looking at buying the Taylormade R1 driver due to it's immense adjust ability and I love the white head. However I noticed there is no R1 fairway wood.
So my question is do TaylorMade have a fairway wood to rival the adjust ability of the new Cobra + fairway wood.

Any thoughts on these clubs is also appreciated.

So I am looking at buying the Taylormade R1 driver due to it's immense adjust ability and I love the white head. However I noticed there is no R1 fairway wood.
So my question is do TaylorMade have a fairway wood to rival the adjust ability of the new Cobra + fairway wood.

Any thoughts on these clubs is also appreciated.

I would the Stage 2 Tour would be your best bet in TMs catalog with loft adjustments on the hosel. However it does not have independent face angle adjustment (to my knowledge) or a means to netralize the face like Cobra (ie Smartpad).

It's more the loft adjust ability I was looking at so that would be a viable option.

Thank you

Nothing from Taylormade in that fashion. Titleist and Nike with have loft adjustments.

As far as adjustability goes, it will be hard to match cobra. And the amp cell is one of the more popular fairway woods around here. I personally love the RBZ and RBZ stage 2 woods but that's just me. Neither are real expensive and I'm sure you could go to your local shop and hit a couple with each and see which one you like more

So there are no Taylormade FW's with just loft adjustment?

So there are no Taylormade FW's with just loft adjustment?

No there is not. The loft will also affect the face angle.

As far as adjustability goes, it will be hard to match cobra. And the amp cell is one of the more popular fairway woods around here. I personally love the RBZ and RBZ stage 2 woods but that's just me. Neither are real expensive and I'm sure you could go to your local shop and hit a couple with each and see which one you like more

Titleist has more adjustability than Cobra's I believe

In my experience, the SLDR fairway wood has some good adjustability in terms of face settings and loft, however, the Cobra fairway woods offer bit more to adjust, as well as a bit more in the forgiveness factor. The SLDR fairway was LONG, but just not as easy to hit off the deck for me.

If you want to stick to the TM fairways, like others have said, the Stage 2 does offer some really good options as well in terms of adjusting loft/face angle.

You could always go "old school" and find an R11 or R11s

Sometimes I think you can get too much adjustability... If you like hitting one, I'd go with that otherwise instead of working on your swing or technique you're going to be constantly adjusting things to try and fix mistakes.

Sometimes I think you can get too much adjustability... If you like hitting one, I'd go with that otherwise instead of working on your swing or technique you're going to be constantly adjusting things to try and fix mistakes.

In a way, life was easier before the adjustability era. But I do think there's some god sides to it as well.

I thought the stage 2 tour did have loft adjustment?

Back