Cleveland 588 Hybrid Review

Yay. 588 5h is coming home to papa today. High balls with some oomph are incoming.

High, piercing, soft landing awesomeness.

Yay. 588 5h is coming home to papa today. High balls with some oomph are incoming.

Sweet dude. I want this thing in your hands.

High, piercing, soft landing awesomeness.

That's what I'm looking for, especially off the turf. Just something to swing easy that will fly far and drop soft.

If it works out like I hope, I'll be using it in MB. I go back and forth with 5h's, but I've learned a lot since my last go-round.

Excellent. And learning is half the battle.

[Q UOTE=Hawk;2929876]That's what I'm looking for, especially off the turf. Just something to swing easy that will fly far and drop soft.[/QUOTE]

Uh oh Hawk. This is how it starts. I added a 6h last year.

LOL. I've been down this road before and been happy. I go back and forth, but with the fact I was hitting greens better with a 4h than a 5 iron the last round it just made me wonder if I was doing the right thing with my setup.

Well it certainly feels fantastic. Heavy old head and great shape too. I didn't even hit the toe. It may be fate.

Hawk I would love to try this Hyrbid vs. the Mashies Brian gave me to use till the Morgan Cup. They have been hitting bombs so I wonder how the 588 hybrid would do next to them. All Seasons in Bloomington has demo day on Saturday for Cleveland equipment from 10-3 I believe. Going to try and make it over there and hopefully see what damage I can do. Really want to see what they think about my driver and if my they will let me trade in my unopen 588 3 wood for something.

I think you'll like it.

Well it certainly feels fantastic. Heavy old head and great shape too. I didn't even hit the toe. It may be fate.

I love the heavy descriptor. This is exactly what I'm looking for

Thought about you immediately bearded one.

Thought about you immediately bearded one.

Awesome bro! #sopumped. I have a feeling that this club (as well as the rest of this line up) was made for me.

588 vs. Altitudes - thoughts?

Sorry, I didn't care for the altitudes all that much. Jman can probably help here.

I play the Mashie now and have hit the 588 on a real range. Very similar flight. Deciding between 1 or 2 of these in mc bag

588 kicked the Mashie's arse for me. Truth.

It's been a long time since I hit the Mashie. All I know is that I can't wait to get this thing on the course. With as windy as it is right now, it will get use right off the bat.

That's a pretty strong statement, because the Mashies were were great.

Dang man, I am going to the Cleveland Demo day on Saturday and will try and do a side by side comparison on the trackman.

This post right here, the bolded specifically, has sent me directly to eBay.

Apparently I bought a used one of these on Saturday night. 5 hybrid for something like $70, which was a actually a pretty good decision considering the circumstances lol. Got an R flex shaft and hoping to see some big high shots that are straighter and more consistent than the 5 iron has been. If it doesn't work out, at least I know for July.

Great buy! Haven't seen one for under $99. Would be tough though to kick the Classics out of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back