Morgan Cup 2014 Travel plans & accommodation thread

I am now going alone and planning on flying into Mytle. Can I get a taxi or shuttle to and from the resort, or do I need to rent a car?

I'm grabbing Nebgolfer on Wednesday at noon and should have room for a 3rd.

I'm renting a car with a buddy from Charlotte...any tips on how we could get a full size SUV extremely cheap? :)

Any tips on the rental company? I've usually used Alamo, but this time it would be fun to ride with something more than a mini van. SUV, cabrio, truck (a F150 would be awesome) or something. As long as golf gear and two guys can fit. Maybe more if someone needs a ride.

I'm renting a car with a buddy from Charlotte...any tips on how we could get a full size SUV extremely cheap? :)

Any tips on the rental company? I've usually used Alamo, but this time it would be fun to ride with something more than a mini van. SUV, cabrio, truck (a F150 would be awesome) or something. As long as golf gear and two guys can fit. Maybe more if someone needs a ride.

From memory the fees at the airport in Charlotte were brutal. The cheapest option there will probably be advantage rental car.

I went Hotwire. Cheapest I found through Kayak was 300.00 for Wednesday through Monday. Through Hotwire I got it for 200.00 for a Midsize. I had to prepay to get it and its non-refundable. They put me with Sixt who looks reputable, if lacking in Customer Service but I don't care if the deal is cheap.

From memory the fees at the airport in Charlotte were brutal. The cheapest option there will probably be advantage rental car.
Reach out to Trevor, TNT cigar guy. I believe he has the hook up

I will have a car down there as well. Depending on tee times and such for the days prior I will be able to pick up some.

Assuming/hoping I do become a volunteer. My car can be used as well for anyone needing pick up/a ride!

I'm grabbing Nebgolfer on Wednesday at noon and should have room for a 3rd.

2 things: 1) There will be no grabbing! Us DotCommers are close, but not that close, and 2) SHOTGUN!

Man...the whole thing just got more real...I bought the tickets yesterday, regretted it, might have gotten them cheaper, but I don't care! :) Tickets = trip has started! I'm so excited, it's going to be a blast!!

Yeah...so I just checked for cheaper tickets...the prices went up like 150-200 dollars, so I feel like a winner!

Rental cars...if my buddy comes along...we've got two golf bags, two suit cases and going back one more, awesome TaylorMade golf bag...so much for the idea of a convertible :D

Thanks for the tips...if we think money...the damage will be around 350-400 dollars...if we think full size...600-700 dollars...that's a lot of golf rounds...budget budget budget. I say more golf.

I suggest we put up a practice round thread after the volunteers are announced. I want to play with volunteers, MC vets and people I've never met...so a lot of golf needs to go down!

Nate & Dev, we've got that Wednesday locked right? AM or PM.

Finally have family plans sorted out...now just have to pay for flights. Forgot how expensive flying is. Blah.

Morgan Cup 2014 Travel plans & accommodation thread

Finally have family plans sorted out...now just have to pay for flights. Forgot how expensive flying is. Blah.

Tell me about it...on top of that I got the cheapest flights...where I can't use mileage points...so I will end up paying for golf bags etc. totals to same amount as the more expensive tickets where I wouldn't pay for them.

Last edited:
Tell me about...on top of that I got the cheapest flights...where I can't use mileage points...so I will end up paying for golf bags etc. totals to same amount as the more expensive tickets where I wouldn't pay for them.

Yup. In my case I'm also flying my whole family East, and leaving my kids with their grandparents when we head down to Myrtle Beach. So on top of flying a golf bag (which, thankfully, I shouldn't have to pay for), I have to fly kids' car seats, plus all the entertainment for 2 kindergarteners on a coast to coast flight. I am a pack mule whenever the family flies. Good thing I have some bizarre fondness for carrying very heavy things.

I'm flying in Wednesday morning. I should be in MB at 8 am at the latest. 45 min to the course.... I could play at 10 ish.

I'm flying in Wednesday morning. I should be in MB at 8 am at the latest. 45 min to the course.... I could play at 10 ish.

I just envision the same scene from last year. dcbrad and I just spending time putting and chipping around green 1 at True Blue and then seeing your cart come flying up the fairway.

I just envision the same scene from last year. dcbrad and I just spending time putting and chipping around green 1 at True Blue and then seeing your cart come flying up the fairway.

hahah yup. Hopefully no delays.

So now that the volunteers have been announced is there talk of opening up a practice round thread?

I'm blessed to be one of those lucky 6 THPers and would love to play a round with you guys. I'm thinking of coming in Thursday morning right now but haven't booked anything as of yet.

If you want to get it started go right ahead. I think we used a google doc last year as well to keep it all straight.

If you want to get it started go right ahead. I think we used a google doc last year as well to keep it all straight.

I think a google doc should be used, but there's so many guys that haven't kind of talked about it. Maybe this thread or a new thread would bring people together and talk about who they would like to play with and so on?

I think a google doc should be used, but there's so many guys that haven't kind of talked about it. Maybe this thread or a new thread would bring people together and talk about who they would like to play with and so on?

I can throw one up and keep track of all the happenings in the thread. That way people know who and what is going on. I am no mikedean, but I think I can handle it.

We will use the current google doc for rounds as well

I can throw one up and keep track of all the happenings in the thread. That way people know who and what is going on. I am no mikedean, but I think I can handle it.

Haha I'm gonna see how many people I can get to change plans daily for the next 119 days

We will use the current google doc for rounds as well

Sorry Freddie, I saw this after I posted the thread. Maybe we can at least use the thread to talk back and forth about it.

Sorry Freddie, I saw this after I posted the thread. Maybe we can at least use the thread to talk back and forth about it.

Of course, just want to keep everything in one place

Well now that I am in as a volunteer I guess its time to start thinking about how I am gonna get there.

Got some things figured out and just looking at maybe practice rounds and the like.

Back