Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

Let's have a range session next week somewhere between us....I have both items you are pondering.

I like this idea. Didn't realize that you had both units though. I will contact you next week and see what we can work out . I'm ready to jump on one of these and you have had me really thinking about this SC100.

I have both as well, and for me, I'm more excited about the thought of hitting the range with my SC100 than I am about hitting the course with my Z6. And this is coming from someone who in years past HATED the driving range. That whole practice with purpose thing....
Thanks for your thoughts Pete. After using you NEW range finder in HHI, I was trying to jump on the Z6 before wet got to LC. Golf Galaxy did not have them yet, so maybe this worked out good for me. I really should have tried Cookie's SC100 last weekend. But, will now take advantage of his offer to hit the range and try both units at one time. Appreciate your thoughts on this. Big determining factor.

300 is the max I believe. I hit ddec's covert 279. *shivers*

I saw some ebay listings yesterday. You could have the same setup as mine for cheap. Never seen a man afraid of a driver he couldn't hit less than 275 on a monitor.

40-90 seems like what we were getting on Tuesday. Was a bunch of fun.
The remote is awesome and makes it even more fun. Remember me complaining that I kept passing the club that I wanted in the selection list? And then couldn't go backwards forcing me to run through the whole list again? The remote has a separate button for each club. Genius. Also, you can use the remote to toggle between ball speed (which we had it set on) and smash factor. Having the remote, and actually using it, will make this even MORE fun.

I saw some ebay listings yesterday. You could have the same setup as mine for cheap. Never seen a man afraid of a driver he couldn't hit less than 275 CARRY on a monitor unless it made him want to gorge on cherry lollipops.
Fify….

The remote is awesome and makes it even more fun. Remember me complaining that I kept passing the club that I wanted in the selection list? And then couldn't go backwards forcing me to run through the whole list again? The remote has a separate button for each club. Genius. Also, you can use the remote to toggle between ball speed (which we had it set on) and smash factor. Having the remote, and actually using it, will make this even MORE fun.

just sell me on this product a little more why don't you?

So if you buy a Covert you have to get a bag of blow pops too. That makes everyone happy.

I used the remote last night for the first time. I previously thought just picking up and touching the console button would be easier, boy was I wrong.

Just clipped this to a belt loop and it didn't interfere with my swing at all, very very handy. Agree that it makes it much easier to select club and target distance.

Has anyone figured out a solution to be able to measure distances with LW (the remote goes PW, AW, SW only)?

300 yards for driver...nice to know I'll never max it out :)

On the random, does that only go up to 100 yards? That's what I seemed to experience last night. Was kinda hoping it would bounce from 53y to 138y in random but I never saw it go above 100.

Yeah, on random it caps out at 100 IIRC

Has anyone figured out a solution to be able to measure distances with LW (the remote goes PW, AW, SW only)?

300 yards for driver...nice to know I'll never max it out :)

I just use it on SW, all you can do IMO.

I just use it on SW, all you can do IMO.

I've actually enjoyed using a PW at 95y. I tend to have much better contact and results with that as compared to the 54 or 58.

It's funny actually....I wasn't having much success with the 54* from 80-100 and I was trying to get a good score on the game so I started using my PW with success.

This may make me better afterall. :)

I've actually enjoyed using a PW at 95y. I tend to have much better contact and results with that as compared to the 54 or 58.

It's funny actually....I wasn't having much success with the 54* from 80-100 and I was trying to get a good score on the game so I started using my PW with success.

This may make me better afterall. :)
This post is perfect for me to read. I'm not sure I'd EVER pull a PW on the course from 80-100 yards, but now with this, and experimenting on the range, I'll at least know if it's an option I should be considering.

This post is perfect for me to read. I'm not sure I'd EVER pull a PW on the course from 80-100 yards, but now with this, and experimenting on the range, I'll at least know if it's an option I should be considering.

I typically wouldn't pull it either...but practicing to a number like this and seeing results via display instead of guessing told me that my old ways weren't working well.

I typically wouldn't pull it either...but practicing to a number like this and seeing results via display instead of guessing told me that my old ways weren't working well.
The more we talk about this, the more I want to leave work and....

...yup, I'm off to the range. 80 yard PWs FTW.

You too?

I've stopped trying to hit 110 yard 58*'s just because I can, amazing how that has helped my consistency hahaha

You guys are killing me. I want to go pick one up today now. I will at least wait until Monday. Or, until I can meet up with Cookie and see this thing first hand.

You guys are killing me. I want to go pick one up today now. I will at least wait until Monday. Or, until I can meet up with Cookie and see this thing first hand.

Amen, brother. I've had the page up all day with it in my shopping cart. Just keep trying to talk myself out of it.

Mine has shipped and will be here on Tuesday. I have a short game lesson on Wednesday to break it in.

Amen, brother. I've had the page up all day with it in my shopping cart. Just keep trying to talk myself out of it.
I am usually a guy that holds off on purchases and waits for the price to come down. I bought this one pretty immediately; the only regret I have so far is that I don't have more time to practice. I want to get out and use it more.

First time out the immediate feedback showed me how trying to muscle up reduced swing speed and how slowing down my body increased SS. I already knew this but there's something different about seeing the numbers contemporaneously to really drive it home.

Second time out I did a bunch of short game stuff. I love the game aspect of practicing and how we don't guess about distances any more. The last three balls on the 55 yard game were 55, 54, 55. The feedback is really effective.

I am usually a guy that holds off on purchases and waits for the price to come down. I bought this one pretty immediately; the only regret I have so far is that I don't have more time to practice. I want to get out and use it more.

First time out the immediate feedback showed me how trying to muscle up reduced swing speed and how slowing down my body increased SS. I already knew this but there's something different about seeing the numbers contemporaneously to really drive it home.

Second time out I did a bunch of short game stuff. I love the game aspect of practicing and how we don't guess about distances any more. The last three balls on the 55 yard game were 55, 54, 55. The feedback is really effective.

Just go ahead and push me off the cliff why dontcha? :alien:

Love hearing that Frank. Let me get through the weekend with my dad, and then Monday at will see. I think this is definitely more beneficial to improving my game, than the range finder. I want both.

Just placed my order. Time to start enjoying range time. I've always hated hitting a bucket of balls. Hopefully this will change.

Another thing I really like about this is how it drives home your real distances. My favorite range has an island green with a flag at 147. I have gotten in the habit of thinking my 8i was @ 150-155 club. After two sessions it is clear that although I may fly some 155 and I lose X yards on mishits, I know my regular 8i flies 149. That is the number.

Another thing I really like about this is how it drives home your real distances. My favorite range has an island green with a flag at 147. I have gotten in the habit of thinking my 8i was @ 150-155 club. After two sessions it is clear that although I may fly some 155 and I lose X yards on mishits, I know my regular 8i flies 149. That is the number.

That's the kind of information I am looking for from this. I want to know exact carry yardage.

If you play shortened clubs (in my case -1.5" irons) would this impact the numbers any ?

If you play shortened clubs (in my case -1.5" irons) would this impact the numbers any ?

Numbers from the device will still be accurate.

Generally speaking, the shortening of shafts will decrease the yardage as not as much club head speed is generated.

Back