Adams Pro DHy Hybrid Review Thread

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Modeled after the highly successful design of the SUPER DHy, one of the most popular clubs on Tour in 2013. A true long iron replacement uniquely designed for players who prefer a low spinning, penetrating ball flight.

It's low launching, extremely workable and forgiving. It gives you the extra distance and forgiveness of a hybrid with the shot-shaping control and workability of a long iron. A true long iron replacement uniquely designed for tour pros and low to mid-handicap players.

SPEEDLINE Driver Technical Specifications
LoftLieLengthSwing WeightDexterityFLEX
18º59º40.25”D2RX S R
21º59.5º39.5”D2R LX S R
24º60º38.75”D2R LX S R
27º60.5º38”D2RX S R

I reviewed last year's version of this club, and it looks to have undergone some aesthetic changes and it's sporting a new shaft, which happens to be a personal favorite of mine. Sharp looking club and we'll see how it stacks up to last year's version.

DSCN4601-L.jpg

DSCN4600-L.jpg

DSCN4603-L.jpg

DSCN4604-L.jpg

DSCN4605-L.jpg

Why oh why do I want to hit that so badly when I know it isn't a good idea for me?

And what a brilliant shaft pairing.

Looking forward to you thoughts Ryan. I liked the White Tie shaft they had in the previous model, so it will be interesting to see what the Tour Blue does with this head.

Why oh why do I want to hit that so badly when I know it isn't a good idea for me?

And what a brilliant shaft pairing.

I think this would be such a fun club at 27*.

• Staff
I think it would be a better 5 iron replacement than anything as well (for my needs). I'm interested to see how the shaft works in it. The White Tie was obviously a good choice too, but for me this one just feels better all around.

The 24 and 27 seem like that would be extremely fun to hit

I think it would be a better 5 iron replacement than anything as well (for my needs). I'm interested to see how the shaft works in it. The White Tie was obviously a good choice too, but for me this one just feels better all around.

You seem to be a big fan of the new Tour series. My only time with it was the Callaway version in the x2hot hybrid and I am not a huge fan.

I got 18* and plan to get 21* soon. Easier to hit than hybrid for me, very hot off the face. i think it launches higher than last year model. I hit Pro Dhy a bit better than 712u off the deck that's why I decided to go with it. 712u feels more powerful, but this is probably easiest low loft iron to hit( for me anyway).

• Staff
You seem to be a big fan of the new Tour series. My only time with it was the Callaway version in the x2hot hybrid and I am not a huge fan.

Different shaft really. The Cally version was designed for the heads. Not to say they are light years different, but they are different.

I got 18* and plan to get 21* soon. Easier to hit than hybrid for me, very hot off the face. i think it launches higher than last year model. I hit Pro Dhy a bit better than 712u off the deck that's why I decided to go with it. 712u feels more powerful, but this is probably easiest low loft iron to hit( for me anyway).

Thanks for chiming in. Keep us updated.

I agree with you on the shaft. This is probably my favorite shaft of mine too. I have it in Callaway 3Deep also hit and like it in X2 Hot hybrid. I don't like Whit tie, it gives me that dead feeling at impact.

I grabbed one of these on the range in Dallas. My swing that day just was not working with thus club. I think I was just tired from swinging so many others but it wasn't working. I did mention to one of the Adams guys that it would be best to see a combined set with the regular pro in the 3-4 hybrids and the dhy in the 5-6 like they have their hyrons in those sets. He mentioned it might happen!

I agree with you on the shaft. This is probably my favorite shaft of mine too. I have it in Callaway 3Deep also hit and like it in X2 Hot hybrid. I don't like Whit tie, it gives me that dead feeling at impact.

Funny, that is exactly how I describe it. Very mushy to me.

As many mentioned, will be interested to hear your thoughts Ryan. Ive been looking at a 24 and 27.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I love the previous model with the white tie, I can't wait to hear more on this one with the blue.

Even smaller than the mini!

Looks freaking sweet too. Wonder if I could actually put a decent swing on it with that.

Great choice of shaft nice look

I want this club sooo bad in 24*. I've hit the 21* and really liked it. Much easier to get up in the air than it looks. This was my first driving iron experience and the club is simply solid.

I want this club sooo bad in 24*. I've hit the 21* and really liked it. Much easier to get up in the air than it looks. This was my first driving iron experience and the club is simply solid.
I found that to be quite true with the previous model, I hope that holds true with the new one!

I went back and bought a 21* which I demo so many times I can hit it high or low with this loft, really confident with it. Practice hittng 18* of the tee couple times and a piece of plastic in the slot just flew off. Man for $200/club it should've been glued better than this. Any of you guys try bending this? I want to bend 18 down to 15* or 16* and use it as my driver. Is it possible?

I've pondered the dhy as a 5i replacement. I'd probably be better off with a hybrid but this club just looks so good. Can't wait to hear you comparisons Hawk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I went back and bought a 21* which I demo so many times I can hit it high or low with this loft, really confident with it. Practice hittng 18* of the tee couple times and a piece of plastic in the slot just flew off. Man for $200/club it should've been glued better than this. Any of you guys try bending this? I want to bend 18 down to 15* or 16* and use it as my driver. Is it possible?

Get in touch with Adams. They'll make it right with teh plast piece. Might be able to have them bend it while you're at it.

I've pondered the dhy as a 5i replacement. I'd probably be better off with a hybrid but this club just looks so good. Can't wait to hear you comparisons Hawk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Should be able to get some info up after tomorrow of Sunday. I'd probably stop at the 5i replacement too, but in reality I felt with the previous version that it wasn't really any easier to hit than a comparable GI iron.

I had the 24* and 27* and didn't care for it. I did have it shafted with Aldila Proto By You iron shafts. Like was previously mentioned, I didn't find it easier than a 4 and 5 iron. I've since replaced the 24* with an I25 hybrid, and the 27* with a new Adams Pro Mini

Very interested in the feedback on this one Ryan. I really wanted to love the original, but didn't get anything out of the 27˚ that was noticeably better than my i20 5I. Such a cool looking club.

Very interested in the feedback on this one Ryan. I really wanted to love the original, but didn't get anything out of the 27˚ that was noticeably better than my i20 5I. Such a cool looking club.

I think that's a good comment that people might learn a little from. From what I saw, this is a club that is sort of susceptible to people wanting to make it something it's not. It's made to replace an S55/S56 type iron (compared to an i20) and really geared towards a very small segment of players, whereas people gaming GI irons see it and sort of want to believe it will be a more forgiving option for them when it reality it isn't and really wasn't designed to be.

Back