Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very surprising to me. As someone that is plays similar distance that I do, and is pretty straight off the tee like you are, what would the benefit be for you?

I'm thinking more about strictly my home course situation. Off the top of my head I can think of 6 tee shots where I don't hit driver, because of yardages and hole shape, where it could be useful. On majority of the other courses I play it probably would be no real benefit. For instance another course I play probably 7-10 times a year I can only think of 3 tee shots that it would be perfect. But on those tee shots I could also hit driver if I'm hitting it straight that day.

What are you currently playing and what are you trying to achieve?

KBS C-Taper. They're a bit heavy and low-launching for me. Looks like from other comments the tour-90s are the way to go.

Tour 90s are where its at. Trying to get a better launch?

Higher launch than my current C-Tapers, and wanting something lighter.

For some reason I want a 13 degree 3 deep. With playing a 4 wood and 2 hybrids I think I can pretty much just eliminate the 5 iron from the bag. I know it would be good off the tee at my home course, but really unsure where else I would use it.

I love my 13* 3Deep. I crush off the tee and I do use it effectively off the deck, but it takes a really good consistent swing to make it work well. I wouldn't dream of hitting it out of the rough. The 14.5* would have more utility if that's what you re looking for.

KBS C-Taper. They're a bit heavy and low-launching for me. Looks like from other comments the tour-90s are the way to go.

There will be a huge difference. I would check out the KBS Tours and even the C-Taper Lites as well. If the C-Tapers are just a bit heavy and low launch than the 90's may be too dramatic a change.

Bust beware that those two are literally on the other end of the launch and spin spectrum from eachother. If you can at all I reccomend finding a place where you can hit the 90's in an iron just to see, its all about what you need spin and launch. The C-Taper lites are also higher launch, lighter than CT's, but don't spin as much as the 90's. KBS has an option for everyone, but again if you can try to hit them first.

Higher launch than my current C-Tapers, and wanting something lighter.

I'm with the others, the Tour 90's are going to be like a fishing pole compared to your CT's. If you like the CT feel, but don't like the weight and launch, I would really look the CT Lites. When I did my fitting, I bounced back and forth between the Tours and C-Tapers, to me that Tours didn't feel quite as balanced as the CT's. I think the CT Lites would be a good middle ground.

I'm with the others, the Tour 90's are going to be like a fishing pole compared to your CT's. If you like the CT feel, but don't like the weight and launch, I would really look the CT Lites. When I did my fitting, I bounced back and forth between the Tours and C-Tapers, to me that Tours didn't feel quite as balanced as the CT's. I think the CT Lites would be a good middle ground.

Hmm looking at their website it looks like the C-Taper Lites aren't available in parallel tip, which is what I need.

I'm currently pondering a laser rangefinder of some kind and, if I don't win the contest, a Swing Caddie SC100. That thing just seems so worth the.money in every way. I wish it gave spin numbers too but beggars can't be choosers at that price

Hmm looking at their website it looks like the C-Taper Lites aren't available in parallel tip, which is what I need.

You can shim them. Quite a few of us have done that.

Cool I might give that a try

Yep, shims are easy peasy. I shimmed CTL's into SpeedBlades and Altitudes at one point.

Yep, shims are easy peasy. I shimmed CTL's into SpeedBlades and Altitudes at one point.

And I shimmed CTL's into Altitudes. If I can do it, anyone can...trust me.

I found one of the Arnold Palmer limited edition stand bags....... Should I buy????

Holy hell I WANT that bag.

Mike did you find that online or a retail store? cause that thing is a beauty and I'm pondering a new bag and had the Callaway RAZR one with 14 slots on my mind.

Golf Galaxy has them. Dicks also has them... The store I was at only has two in stock.

Golf Galaxy has them. Dicks also has them... The store I was at only has two in stock.

Thanks dude. Like I needed more excuses to go to golf galaxy...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

My Dick's just got 5 in and they are holding one back for me.... I am pretty pumped

In serious ponder mode over this beauty
piretti_ltd_n_tour_022_medium.jpg

Thanks dude. Like I needed more excuses to go to golf galaxy...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes it's my fault you run to GG when you see a pretty picture. :)

Hmmmmmmmm... $165 bucks?
P5AWW4351HOKS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back