LPGA major #1: 2014 Kraft Nabisco Championship (spoilers)

danielao

Reaction score
The first major of the season is for the ladies. The Kraft Nabisco Championship, with the famous leap into Poppie's Pond on 18 for the winner.

Last year, Inbee Park won her first of three majors, defeating So Yeon Ryu by four strokes.

Tee times

No Moira or Kris in this one, but I will still be watching.

Im hoping Creamer will continue to play well. It will be fun to watch

The leap is a great tradition for this tournament, I love seeing them get their families involved as well.

To me this is the Masters for the ladies

No Suzann. http://www.lpga.com/golf/news/2014/4/pettersen-withdrawals-from-kraft.aspx

This morning, the Rolex Women’s World #2 Ranked player Suzann Pettersen withdrew from the Kraft Nabisco Championship. Pettersen cited the reason for her withdrawal as an “aggravated disc” in her back causing pain that has not eased up to allow her to compete.

"It's so unfortunate that I can't compete this week," said Pettersen. "I dearly love this event and would do anything to play. At this point, I just need to be smart and not make a bad situation worse."

Pettersen is undergoing treatment in an effort to get back to competition as soon as possible.

Could have read the THP Tweet on that from yesterday too. :D

Uh oh... Nike curse??

Great info from players already during the practice round.

Nice to see Wie playing well today

I'd like to see Wie keep it up. She can be fun to watch.

Im rooting for her this week. Hopefully she keeps it up

I watched most of what was televised yesterday and there was some really good play.

Unfortunately yesterday was the only day of golf I'll be able to watch.

Scores were pretty low at the top. Some complaints that the rough is too short and it's opening up the field a little bit. Loved seeing all the coverage on the range last night.

Scores were pretty low at the top. Some complaints that the rough is too short and it's opening up the field a little bit. Loved seeing all the coverage on the range last night.

The greens seemed really hard to hold as well. Saw a few short irons take high hops and roll off the back. Looked like my kind of shots :alien:

My boy loves when Wie putts. He mimics her on the indoor green and laughs and laughs. I cringe for her back.

That said, I'm sort of pulling for her this week. It would be a story that the LPGA really needs right now.

Agree. But man that putting stance of hers looks painful!
It doesn't look as bas as last year. Guess I got used to seeing it, but she doesn't look as stiff.

How about Uribe, whose long putt looked like it was defying gravity not to go in?

I love this course. I couldn't get on while in Palm Springs a few weeks ago but not for lack of trying.
The conditions down there at this time of year are exactly perfect. Fairways are like greens, greens are firm, fast and fair.

speaking of LPGA. Michelle Wie birdies her first hole today, now tied for the lead. Man I hope she is in contention down the stretch on Sunday.

speaking of LPGA. Michelle Wie birdies her first hole today, now tied for the lead. Man I hope she is in contention down the stretch on Sunday.

Got to watch her round last night and she was hitting the ball really well. I am with you and hope she is in contention come Sunday.

Got to watch her round last night and she was hitting the ball really well. I am with you and hope she is in contention come Sunday.

Se Ri Pak birdies her second hole of the day. Tied at the top now as well.
For a golf nerd, it would be interesting to see her and Wie battle it out on Sunday. Wie looking for her first major and Pak looking for the one major she doesn't own(not counting the Evian Masters which just became a major last year).

Se Ri Pak birdies her second hole of the day. Tied at the top now as well.
For a golf nerd, it would be interesting to see her and Wie battle it out on Sunday. Wie looking for her first major and Pak looking for the one major she doesn't own(not counting the Evian Masters which just became a major last year).

For awhile Pak was dominant on the Tour and I think injuries and starting a family took over for a little while. It is really nice to see her at the top of the leaderboard.

Both Pak and Karrie Webb have had a great start to 2014 - I hope it continues.

Back