Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MC pondering after a Callaway demo day. I'm almost certain I'm gonna go 6-aw apex and 5h and 4h.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

What are you pondering buddy!

Everything graphite iron shaft related- I could sit down with reps from UST and Aerotech and converse(more like listen/be learned) for days about the tech and fitting, tipping and everything & anything else they could enlighten me on.

ruh roh raggy!!! whats the problem buddy?

Nothing really. Just need to get my gaps right and go from there. Just sucks I can't get out and get everything dialed in. It will be fine though I am sure.

Nothing really. Just need to get my gaps right and go from there. Just sucks I can't get out and get everything dialed in. It will be fine though I am sure.

ah understand this crazy weather is making it difficult to dial in distances. I know that the 10-15 degrees temp change from beginning to end of the round makes it tough for me.

What are you pondering buddy!

Irons and wedges are set (apex 6-aw and 54/58). Pondering going 4h &5h. Fairway woods are up in the air. Really liked the 3deep off the tee. I like the adjustability of the BB 5w but the X2 hot seemed a little longer. Really liked the BB over the alpha today as well. However they didn't have a 10 degree Alpha head which I'm looking forward to trying.

Irons and wedges are set (apex 6-aw and 54/58). Pondering going 4h &5h. Fairway woods are up in the air. Really liked the 3deep off the tee. I like the adjustability of the BB 5w but the X2 hot seemed a little longer. Really liked the BB over the alpha today as well. However they didn't have a 10 degree Alpha head which I'm looking forward to trying.

That's a ton of ponders! I like the Apex and keeping it simple with just two wedges.

Which 4&5 hybo X2hot or the Pro model?

3 deep as Driver replacement? or just a safety/lay up club off the tee?

Will the 5w be used off the deck? or just as another option of the tee? which one is more forgiving?

why the 10* head? what did you hit in the alpha head? did you adjust to 10*?

Seemore FGP, Rife Iconic, and White Hot Pro #1... Have experience with the WHP and liked it a lot. Very curious about Seemore FGP and how it would line up to my eye but nobody around me sells them.. Shame.. And there's a buy it now on the bay for the Rife for 60.00.. Totally lost on which way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seemore FGP, Rife Iconic, and White Hot Pro #1... Have experience with the WHP and liked it a lot. Very curious about Seemore FGP and how it would line up to my eye but nobody around me sells them.. Shame.. And there's a buy it now on the bay for the Rife for 60.00.. Totally lost on which way to go.

I know a guy with 2 out of 3

Sporting goods store was expanding their golf department again now that spring is here. So much new clothing, and so many new bags going out on display.....

My wallet may soon be so light that it floats away.

That's a ton of ponders! I like the Apex and keeping it simple with just two wedges.

Which 4&5 hybo X2hot or the Pro model?

3 deep as Driver replacement? or just a safety/lay up club off the tee?

Will the 5w be used off the deck? or just as another option of the tee? which one is more forgiving?

why the 10* head? what did you hit in the alpha head? did you adjust to 10*?

Standard X2 hot hybrids
3deep as an alternative to driver for shorter holes.
5w for off the deck/long par 3s. I think the X2 hot was more forgiving.
I crank the loft up so I wanna try the 10* (+2 degree loft) alpha to compare to 10.5* (+2 degree loft) BB.

These sound like a no brainer dude and if it makes the game easier around the greens, I've on board..

Anything that helps a more consistent / easier short game is a good thing.

Standard X2 hot hybrids
3deep as an alternative to driver for shorter holes.
5w for off the deck/long par 3s. I think the X2 hot was more forgiving.
I crank the loft up so I wanna try the 10* (+2 degree loft) alpha to compare to 10.5* (+2 degree loft) BB.

Sounds like quite a good setup and tons of sense and logic behind it.

Sounds like quite a good setup and tons of sense and logic behind it.

It's a process for sure! Thankfully I still have time to decide.

I thought I was set on clubs for a while, but then I hit the TEE XCG7 irons today. All I can say is wow, and I really want them in my bag!

It's a process for sure! Thankfully I still have time to decide.

You'll get it figured out for sure buddy, keep trying everything you can and you will have one awesome set waiting for you friday morning at the MC

Anyone try any of the golfworks maltby line? Seems like an inexpensive way to put together a set.

After my short game session last night, I think that it might be time for a new 56* wedge. Only took me 15 rounds + practice to wear it out. Just not seeing the spin any more.

I could easily just grab another Callaway forged copper, but I'm also interested in the MD2, J40, and the 588. Decisions, decisions.

I also have one that either of you can give a whirl. I'm down for the count because of a torn ligament, so it's just sitting around, doing absolutely nothing.

Thanks buddy, would take you up on that if I wasn't a lefty!

I'm not playing as much as I used and when I was playing 3-4 times a week, I was playing the Miura Combo CB501/TB blades set, but now that I'm getting out once a week if I'm lucky, I'm starting to notice them becoming a little too demanding.

I want to stick to Forged/combo Set, anyone have some suggestions for a great forgiving club setup but not real big cavity back or topline.

let's discuss!

KBS Hi Rev' for my SM5's

I'm not playing as much as I used and when I was playing 3-4 times a week, I was playing the Miura Combo CB501/TB blades set, but now that I'm getting out once a week if I'm lucky, I'm starting to notice them becoming a little too demanding.

I want to stick to Forged/combo Set, anyone have some suggestions for a great forgiving club setup but not real big cavity back or topline.

let's discuss!

This where all the love for the Callaway Apex Pro and Bridgestone J40 starts....

let's discuss!

This where all the love for the Callaway Apex Pro and Bridgestone J40 starts....

J40's, Apex or AP2 in no particular order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back