2013-14 College basketball thread (Spoilers)

A 7 and an 8 seed in the final. Highest combined seeded finals game ever.

True it's hard for me to think of Kentucky as an 8. Pre season 1 I believe and full of mcdonalds all Americans. Finally starting to play as a team instead of individuals

And with that win I just won my pool. Only person with Kentucky in the finals. BOOM!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

True it's hard for me to think of Kentucky as an 8. Pre season 1 I believe and full of mcdonalds all Americans. Finally starting to play as a team instead of individuals
I think most people agree; however, who would've bet on 5 freshman starters to make it to the Final game again? And, who didn't immediately think "freshman mistake" when Jackson was fouled when taking the three? Of course, maybe the freshman would've made the first free throw....

I think most people agree; however, who would've bet on 5 freshman starters to make it to the Final game again? And, who didn't immediately think "freshman mistake" when Jackson was fouled when taking the three? Of course, maybe the freshman would've made the first free throw....

I said many choice words when that happened.

A 7 and an 8 seed in the final. Highest combined seeded finals game ever.

Yeah. But as someone said on Twitter. 11 National Championships between them. So it's not exactly like George Mason and Florida Gulf Coast.

Kentucky has better players and is doing what everyone figured they would all year as they were the preseason favorite... UConn is on some sort of magical tourney run. Should be an interesting game, I'll pick Kentucky.

Hoping my UCONN Huskies can pull off 2004 again and take home both the mens and womens titles. Both should be very interesting games to watch.

Looking for Kentucky and particularly Randle to take UCONN to pound town. Randle is a beast and I don't think the Huskies have an answer for him.

I'm going for my UK Wildcats baby. They are finally playing to their potential. UConn is no slouch though. Gonna be a fun game to watch. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I forgot the game was tonight.

I'm rooting for uconn

Kentucky all the way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

UCONN wins the title tonight!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no feel for this game, anyones game, IMO.

UConn is looking good so far... Although Kentucky seems to be heating up before the end of the half

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

With 1:20 and down by 4, I cant believe how terrible KY just played that.

KY let 1:00 go off the clock and then fouled, now down by 6. Time going out.

UConn wins.

KY just flatout looked lost with 2:00 left to play.

Poor management by Kentucky at the end. So glad they didn't win.

YES!!!!!!

Me too, dude.

That scheme worked for tOSU didnt it?

See the buckeyes had it half right. They had experience. Just forgot to have experienced basketball players. Probably the worst offensive team I've seen at that school during the Thad Matta era

I like Kevin Ollie's story. Good for him.

UConn wins.

KY just flatout looked lost with 2:00 left to play.
Yep. Inexperience and/or poor coaching. I didn't have strong feelings one way or the other but I suppose I'm glad Kentucky lost (don't like the 1 and done system making a mockery of college athletics).

I like Kevin Ollie's story. Good for him.
Agreed, I had no idea his background until after the game. Sounds like a hard worker for sure.

Back