Bridgestone J40 Cavity Back Irons

about time you got these in the bag. DPCs will take Tyno to a new level

thanks deandec!
but check the thread title dude, CB's man! CB's....

although, i may have to pickup a DPC 4 iron if i choose to rearrange the bag that way. i will have room for another club, so i'll have to do some testing to fill the gap.

On our Bridgestone conference call today it was mentioned that the general idea is that 5 and under handicaps would be better suited to play the CBs. Goes to say a lot about the difference in forgiveness. A combo set where the DPC long irons would help get those in the air more sounds very inviting

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I have acquired a set of these heads 5-PW and have installed x100 in them. Have had one range session and looks promising. Now when my stupid hand heals I'll get out for more testing on the range and course!

I have acquired a set of these heads 5-PW and have installed x100 in them. Have had one range session and looks promising. Now when my stupid hand heals I'll get out for more testing on the range and course!

Sweet I can't wait to see what you think about them. I thought you were pretty much set on the DPC's. From my brief time with the CB's I was thoroughly impressed.

Sweet I can't wait to see what you think about them. I thought you were pretty much set on the DPC's. From my brief time with the CB's I was thoroughly impressed.

I came across a deal I couldn't refuse lol. Will post when I have had a chance to take them out again

I got to hit the Cbs a bit today on the range thanks to Dan and was surprised by the forgiveness these offer. Even the long irons did not look intimidating and I was able to hit the 4 pretty well. Still pondering the combo set, but I could go straight CBs I think and be comfortable with them.

I got to hit the Cbs a bit today on the range thanks to Dan and was surprised by the forgiveness these offer. Even the long irons did not look intimidating and I was able to hit the 4 pretty well. Still pondering the combo set, but I could go straight CBs I think and be comfortable with them.

What did you think of the prototypes in the CBs?

What did you think of the prototypes in the CBs?

So awesome, haha. Felt solid and I hit them pretty straight. Made me sad when Dan said they weren't an option!

The more I work with my CB 6i the more I think that as well, then I catch one on the toe lol. The toe forgiveness alone is while I'll be going combo set for sure.

So awesome, haha. Felt solid and I hit them pretty straight. Made me sad when Dan said they weren't an option!

No not the prototypes... They do offer the recoils though. I wonder how much difference there will be between the two

The more I work with my CB 6i the more I think that as well, then I catch one on the toe lol. The toe forgiveness alone is while I'll be going combo set for sure.

There is something to be said about toe forgiveness.

I've been thinking about that a lot since our session. After laughing off a couple shoddy swings while we were talking, I realized that I've actually had quite a bit more success with these on course than I've had with them of course. Maybe it's that whole 'in the right mindset' deal, maybe it's something else, but I really wonder if there's anything that is actually benefiting me going CB over DPC.

I can't wait to get my in season swing back to really make a determination. I'm done taking months off the game!!!

I've been thinking about that a lot since our session. After laughing off a couple shoddy swings while we were talking, I realized that I've actually had quite a bit more success with these on course than I've had with them of course. Maybe it's that whole 'in the right mindset' deal, maybe it's something else, but I really wonder if there's anything that is actually benefiting me going CB over DPC.

I can't wait to get my in season swing back to really make a determination. I'm done taking months off the game!!!

That's a good question. I know you are dealing with more winter rust than I am. Obviously you have the game for the CBs. How much experience have you had with the DPCs?

I came across a deal I couldn't refuse lol. Will post when I have had a chance to take them out again

I am about to do the same. I am definitely headed to DPC's route, but at a steal I would pick up a set of the CB's.

That's a good question. I know you are dealing with more winter rust than I am. Obviously you have the game for the CBs. How much experience have you had with the DPCs?

I've got lots of swings in with the DPCs. They are in my opinion a solid grade more forgiving, but my maybe offer a touch less responsiveness to the swing, especially when the ball moves left or right of center.

On the bottom grooves it's not even close. The DPCs destroy the CBs.

When you look down at that club head, it doesn't scream 'I'm forgiving' But after a few cuts you realize what it is your dealing with. I'll still be going combo set for MC but 7-pw will be in the bag with adjusted lofts

When you look down at that club head, it doesn't scream 'I'm forgiving' But after a few cuts you realize what it is your dealing with. I'll still be going combo set for MC but 7-pw will be in the bag with adjusted lofts

I know combo sets are in a lot of minds

You and I both Panda. I'm starting with a 58* wedge and going down 4 degrees of loft for the next club. But going DPC's 4i-6i.

I know combo sets are in a lot of minds
Josh and I discussed this at the show when we were filming videos. He plays a combo set and is very happy.
You and I both Panda. I'm starting with a 58* wedge and going down 4 degrees of loft for the next club. But going DPC's 4i-6i.
I'm going 4* between lofts starting at 54*

Well let's just say I picked up a set of CB's today from the bay. Looking to forward to see how these perform.

I'm gonna have to go to a local shop to try these out. I tried looking at golfsmith but they don't carry Bridgestone clubs. I haven't bought irons since 07 or 08. Still gaming TM r7 TP's

Got out tonight with a 5 iron in both DPC and CB to give them a little head to head on the range. I have to say they both felt really good once I got warmed up (first few shots were thing and stung more than a little). I really couldn't see much of a difference in the ball flight between the two, and I just don't know what advantage I'd get going with the CB over the DPCs. Well struck shots did feel oh so good though.

I went in to Edwin Watts this afternoon for a couple of grips and the had couple of Bridgestone boxes they were opening. I had to help and found the Cb and dual pocket irons. These were the first time in this store and because of this forum knew more about them than the workers. First time any of us had seen them in person. Wow!!! Sweet sticks. I have the mizzy mp-53 and these were just as sweet if not more so. Man these look good.

swing your swing

Got out today for range time and a round. Other than the Indian making stupid swings, these irons responded well. Back 9 where I shot 38 these irons were money.

Just wanted to say I continue to strike these well. I was so close to going full set of these for the MC. So close. In the end others have convinced me to go with a bit extra forgiveness. But these are in my bag currently and I love them

Back