Hello from Upstate NY!

ButterFade23

Reaction score
Handicap
Some of you may have seen a couple posts in the equipment forum before this, but here's a quick little bit about me.

I'm a 25 year old '12 Graduate of the Golf Academy of America in Orlando and currently employed at a golf course in Upstate NY as an Assistant Golf Professional, this will be my first year as an Assistant. I worked outside services for a course north of NYC the last two seasons. I haven't kept a handicap in the last two years as I've given lessons and been paid and therefore lost my amateur status, but my first round of the year last week was an 81 and I chunked two shots and duffed two chips, all in all a good round. If I had to guess I would be an 8-9 handicap or so.

I'm currently a PGA Apprentice and will be Level 1 as soon as I pass the PAT (hopefully this summer). I am on Staff with Adams Golf and am really proud to be with such a great company. I actually just ordered my new equipment from them and can't wait to receive them. I am getting the XTD Forged irons 4-PW Stiff (no DHy hybrids), 18* Pro Mini Hybrid X-Stiff, 14.5* Tight Lies Tour X-Stiff and a Yes! Mid Mallet putter (not sure if the Evelyn is available). They truly are a great company and if people have questions for me about them I'll be more than happy to answer, but I'll avoid being overly "fan-boy" about them in the forums.

Again if anyone has questions for me about anything above feel free to PM me and I'll answer everything I can. I'm excited to be a part of this great community and I hope I can add something to this forum.

Welcome! Where in NY are you? I'm also in WNY south of Rochester currently.

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horseheads. Not too far from you then

Horseheads. Not too far from you then

Oh no kidding? I have a bunch of friends out that way and know the area very well. Im actually less than an hour in the Alfred University area. What course are you working at?

Welcome to thp

Soaring Eagles. Still can't open yet due to the crazy weather but hopefully later this week!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP !!!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to THP. Have traveled to and through horseheads many times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP! I was also considering the golf academy of America, by the sounds of it, it worked well for you. Good luck on your PAT, all the best

Welcome to THP! Looks like you're getting a lot of Adams goodness!! Congrats.

Soaring Eagles. Still can't open yet due to the crazy weather but hopefully later this week!

Nice. I haven't played there but it looks nice. Hopefully we can play soon!

Welcome to THP!!

Nice. I haven't played there but it looks nice. Hopefully we can play soon!

Me either, haha! I've been dying to get out on it though. I've heard lots of great things about it so I'm pretty excited to be there.

Yeah playing together would be fun. I'm sure we could figure something out in that thread you linked to, hopefully with other THPers to!

:welcome:

Welcome. Tons of great stuff here...

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Back