Callaway X2 Hot and X2 Hot+ Golf Balls

Dang I just read the last few pages and I'm really intrigued with the new X2hot ball :thumb: Perfect for my game I think.

Thanks for that awesome overview Sabella. Definitely a great price point on these things and will for sure have to give these a try

Bought a dozen tonight. They actually had a few laying around that I was able to use on the LM with the X2Hot driver. I was really pleased. Very soft and felt like the compressed really nice.

I SO almost grabbed a dozen +'s last night at DSG. They had piles of all the new balls. I really want to check it out, but have the RX test going on now. Besides, I'm a Bstone homer and I would feel like I'm cheating, but I would always test the waters in finding the perfect ball.

these are made in the USA and we will show our continued support of Birdies for The Brave with an on box sticker.
Both those things mean a lot to me, as a consumer and a vet.

After being disappointed at the $47.99 tag on the SRs, these are a more in line with what I am willing to spend. I just may pick up a dozen.

Big ole bump.

Has anyone tried these balls yet? I picked up a dozen of the X2hot+ yesterday, since I needed something to take my total at Golfsmith over the threshold for $20 off. I'm going to play these against the e6 this weekend while I'm on vacation.

Big ole bump.

Has anyone tried these balls yet? I picked up a dozen of the X2hot+ yesterday, since I needed something to take my total at Golfsmith over the threshold for $20 off. I'm going to play these against the e6 this weekend while I'm on vacation.

I bought some and have rolled them on my putting green but that stupid white stuff outside wont let me use them.

I'll look forward to hearing what you think. If you like softer with aero designed to fly farther for your swing speed, I'm confident you'll love the X2Hot

I hope you're right Greg. I played the Hex Diablos the last couple of years and was sad to see them discontinued. Bought a dozen of the X2Hots today at my local shop. Swing speed is a match for the recommendation on the packaging. Hope to get out soon and give them a go.

Ordered a dozen X2Hot plus this evening from amazon. MC prep begins with snow in the forecast!

Put The X2Hot in play today. Love them. Was a fan of the Hex Hot and Hex Hot Pro, so was pretty geeked to get these on the course. They're a little bit less fluorescent to my eye than the Hex Hots, but still really easy to see in the air or on the deck. They get great distance off the tee, very straight, with what looks like very low spin. With the driver, the high winds today were pretty meaningless. Good swings just created a beautiful, high, drilling flight. They are quite a bit lower spinning than the Hex Blacks I've been playing when it comes to the irons and wedges, but good shots seemed to really jump off the club face and into the air with a nice high trajectory.

Given the price point on these guys, they're definitely my new gamer, unless I can somehow continue to buy Hex Blacks off the shelf for less than $30. I'm willing to accept a little more roll out with my irons as a general rule, and I think they sit very nicely in the same arena as the Bridgestone e6 and Srixon Q Star.

Any more thoughts on these?
Done a search and this looks like the only thread which seems unusually quiet for ball thoughts in here!

It is a little quiet in here isn't it...

Well anyways I played 9 holes with these about a week ago and I have to say its a great ball. It feels great, not too squishy not to hard. I stuck a few greens with it and off the tee I think it performed pretty similarly to the Velocity, E6 etc...I'm gonna give the X2+'s a go this week I think.

I back to backed this ball to the Supersoft and for me the Supersoft was a bit longer and straighter and on the greens I prefered to putt with the Supersoft but maybe thats because I have been using the Supersoft since the start of the year. I have a mid 80's swing speed and use senior flex shafts by the way, so maybe thats why the Supersoft is better for me.

Any more thoughts on these?
Done a search and this looks like the only thread which seems unusually quiet for ball thoughts in here!

I still like them. But Hex Chromes went on sale at the local Big 5, and right now I like the Hex Chromes better.

Also, much as I like the X2Hot ball, it's in a very crowded market. For whatever reason, Callaway hasn't pushed these very much. I think it's a tough part of the ball market to break into. People discerning enough about their game to know they can put a more than $20/dozen to use, but at the same time not a tour ball... Bridgestone's e-series and Srixon's Q-star seem to have done a great job with that formula, and while I think the X2 Hot ball (and the Hex Hot before it) have been valid entries, they haven't offered the fitting options or the all around performance of those other companies.

I've been going back and forth between the X2 hot + and SR2 the last couple weeks. I prefer the SR2 from tee to green. I think it's the urethane cover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I broke down and bought a box last night, just because I was tired of seeing them and wondering. Well, I'll hit one tonight after work and find out.

Callaway X2 Hot and X2 Hot+ Golf Balls

I played the XHot2+ yesterday and shot very wel... 88, 19.4 index

They seem to spin very little on long clubs, enough on chips, and putt with a nice click. All around good! ...reminds me of the Diablo Tours.

I had been playing the Supersoft or Chrome+... yes, I'm kinda a Cally homer :) I think my game benefits from the firmness and really low spin from these. I have a low 90s swing speed and normally have high spin. Also I'm kinda inconsistent on chipping so the release on these vs the Chrome+ adds confidence. I can't currently count on a hop-n-stop with urethane.

They will stay in the bag for a while.

O I don't know. Won't be able to try any but want to buy x2 hots or super soft for my 90 SS.
which to get?

O I don't know. Won't be able to try any but want to buy x2 hots or super soft for my 90 SS.
which to get?

For me the SS is just to hot off of the putter and sometimes wedge. The XHot2+ was more consistent. PM me an address and I'll send you a couple SS to try.

are these a soft or hard feeling ball??? just curious

If you're asking core compression then I can't answer cause I don't know.

As far as feel, they are firm. IMO, not much more than the Chrome+, but a lot more than the SS. They are not hard like a Top Flight or Pinnacle cheapo.

Back