dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
My local course is doing a new thing called foothold.

ezegezeg.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Golf with a soccer ball...interesting. I wonder how "par" is figured out on these courses.

I've heard of a foot wedge...never foot golf. Interesting try, don't know what to think about it besides I won't be doing it.

We have a pretty large Hispanic population that they're trying to appeal to is what I've been told.

I'm Mexican and this is just a bad idea. This seems to be step one from the "Hack Golf" initiative and I can't see the benefit... So you want to get players on the course you normally won't attract? How about a free introductory clinic to golf, or something along those lines. I get course are in need of traffic, but this IMO is not the right way.

I'm Mexican and this is just a bad idea. This seems to be step one from the "Hack Golf" initiative and I can't see the benefit... So you want to get players on the course you normally won't attract? How about a free introductory clinic to golf, or something along those lines. I get course are in need of traffic, but this IMO is not the right way.

I hardly see it as detrimental. Might also be a lot of fun for kids. I don't see the harm in this.

We have a pretty large Hispanic population that they're trying to appeal to is what I've been told.

It's not a bad idea. I think it could be fun, and with the ability to bend/spin/bounce a soccer ball, could see some interesting shots... errr... kicks?

So honestly. I don't get it. Having said that, I'd try it if I had the chance. Why? Because it's something new and different, and maybe it could interest people in normal golf. What I would rather try is 15 inch hole golf. That sounds like a blast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hardly see it as detrimental. Might also be a lot of fun for kids. I don't see the harm in this.

I just don't see how it can help. You are taking part of the golf course normal players use and throw extra people/kids running around kicking a ball. If the space on the course is dedicated to this then I see it, but if you are the throwing these players in with regular golfers it's a recipe for disaster IMO. Build a park and play kickball there don't do it on the course.

Hmmm interesting. Could be fun I guess but I'd rather just try the big hole golf like someone mentioned. That sounds fun

Golf with a soccer ball...interesting. I wonder how "par" is figured out on these courses.

They decide based on distance. I guess there is actually a foot golf association too.

one of the courses near me put a footgolf course in a couple months ago. It doesn't consume any of the course normally used for golf. I haven't tried it, but it's a new sport that some people will want to play and will have fun with. I can't imagine how that could ever be a bad thing.

one of the courses near me put a footgolf course in a couple months ago. It doesn't consume any of the course normally used for golf. I haven't tried it, but it's a new sport that some people will want to play and will have fun with. I can't imagine how that could ever be a bad thing.

I see where this could be a good thing, as long as it does not interfere with the normal course play. I would assume that the courses would be significantly shorter (don't see many 250yd kicks) so some areas of courses that were thought previously unusable could be used for something like this and that could increase the foot traffic of a club, which I would assume was one of the goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be fun, and doesn't really differ from frisbee golf in my eyes, but I still wouldn't calm either one of them golf :)

My handicap could really benefit from the gigantic holes...

I started a thread on this a while back when my home course started doing this. I haven't played yet but the course seems to make a few bucks attracting students from the college nearby.

Soccer golf? Say it isn't so !!
What's next....golf with a stupid frisbee ?

Soccer golf? Say it isn't so !!
What's next....golf with a stupid frisbee ?

is that really necessary? BTW, disc golf is not played with frisbees. Stupid or otherwise.

I think it could be fun as long as they don't tear up the course, it will be fun to see how this unfolds and if it catches on.

This was discussed on fairways of life, and ted bishop of the pga is having it at his course on days and times when it isn't being used enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this was shown in Golf Magazine or Golf Digest recently.

Interesting concept. I'm thinking I may check it out....although my soccer skills are less than stellar.

Is this a one time thing or a permanent addition?

Can't blame the courses for trying to increase traffic, but this seems like a pretty large risk depending non how its incorporated.
I imagine this will be seen more on local Muni's than Country Clubs.

Back