This is our now 10 year old last year...

Was hilarious when he just walked up and said, "I know the tooth fairy isnt real, ...so can I...just get the money now"

Feels like we're bribing him to not tell his little brother now. lol

When my oldest 2 decided that they knew there wasn't a Santa Claus anymore, we told them: "If you tell your younger brother that there's no Santa, he will quit bringing you the extra presents, if you know what I mean."

They kept their mouths shut.

She knows not to say anything to her younger cousins, or to anyone at school.
Yesterday's episode happened because 1) her head didn't move from directly over the tooth all night. So, I knew she wake up if I tried something and 2) she put some presents and a note under her pillow, for the tooth fairy, that I didn't know about. When she woke up, the tooth, presents, note and money is all laying there.

When I walked in and saw this, I asked her what was going on. After she explained it to me, I told her the truth. She handled it well. Her next question was about the Easter Bunny. We changed the subject. haha.

Just chaperoned a bunch of 2nd graders to the Boston Science Museum.

I should have just held up a tape recorder on loop, playing "We're WALKING, not RUNNING guys. Stay together" for 4 hours straight.

So Zach had his initial assessment with the developmental pediatrician. They said they are 99% sure he is on the high functioning autism scale. Physical and psychological testing to follow. This is going to be a tough one, even though we kind of expected this if we are honest with ourselves. Just want him to have the best life possible.

What is the best way to deal with an emotional 14 year old daughter? I know it is hormones, but being a single dad, it's times like this where I need help. I have tried soft approach, firm approach and it's still the same. Calgon take me away lol

What is the best way to deal with an emotional 14 year old daughter? I know it is hormones, but...

Well, she's too young for wine... Sooooo. Lots of midol? :)

What is the best way to deal with an emotional 14 year old daughter? I know it is hormones, but being a single dad, it's times like this where I need help. I have tried soft approach, firm approach and it's still the same. Calgon take me away lol

I have an emotional 13 year old daughter. I usually just hide.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I have an emotional 13 year old daughter. I usually just hide.

I think I will buy a flak jacket lol

I am so thankful I have all boys.... especially now that they're teenagers.

My 7 year old daughter gave me a preview yesterday morning of what's to come. #notlookingforwardtoit

I am so thankful I have all boys.... especially now that they're teenagers.

Mine are only 5/2 but I'm so thankful I don't have girls. I could t imagine having teenage girls

Mine are only 5/2 but I'm so thankful I don't have girls. I could t imagine having teenage girls

Don't blink because the teenage years sneak up on you quickly. I find it hard to believe that I have a 19 year old son. What scares me more is that I was only 2 years older than he is now at the time he was born.

3 weeks ago my vehicle was stolen from my driveway. It was recovered 2 days later. The one blamed for the theft was a juvenile. The case went to court yesterday. This kid admitted at the arrest scene that he took the vehicle. So, yesterday's proceedings were paperwork, verbal presentations of written statements and judge asking questions to the juvenile and also to his mom. After that was sentencing.

All I can say from this is, do whatever you can to provide a positive environment to your children. This kid, as far as I could tell, never had a chance, in his upbringing. I got the impression that no adult in his life ever provided an example of a positive role model. It makes me realize how fortunate myself and my brothers and sisters were. And, also how fortunate my daughter and all of her cousins are.

I asked the wife to make me a sandwich for my round this afternoon. My daughter included this note. The day is a success no matter what I shoot

eharete9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My 4yr old Dylan and I were watching the Drive, Chip and Putt and he said he wants to play golf today. I literally jumped out of my chair and got us ready in time for the 10am class. He only wanted to play putt putt for the last 4-5 months but today he was all about the full swing. He did great and I surprised him with a visit to Toysrus afterwards. Here's a couple swing pics.

3upujydy.jpg

erahe3ud.jpg

Great stuff Canes. I watched with my son and he seemed more interested on video games on the iPad. That bummed me out, was hoping to get the reaction you did.

Last edited:
Nice. My 8 yr old really wants clubs, but my wife wants him to take lessons thru the town's summer program first. I agree with her on that. So we'll see what happens.

I figured I'd start her with the 10 finger grip, but my 2 month old seems dead set on learning the overlap.

Canes- Be careful, pretty soon your boy will be asking if he should play blades :)

Great stuff Canes. I watched with my son and he seemed more interested on video games on the iPad. That bummed me out, was hoping to get the reaction you did.
The kid asked me to go to the range after all :)

The kid asked me to go to the range after all :)

There ya go! It just takes a little exposure and it'll hook them eventually. All 3 of mine watched a little bit of the Drive/Chip/Putt today and bugging me to get out to the course more often. I'm getting the full court press to join a club so they can play every day in the summer.

First dentist appt with my 4yr old. Hoping this goes well

Back