Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you played the J40's? Are they as nice to hit as the apex?

I've done the test drive couple times with doc and cb. Now I have a set of j40 cb. One range session with them so far and they are nice! As much as I love some apex pros, the j40 line is just as amazing

I've done the test drive couple times with doc and cb. Now I have a set of j40 cb. One range session with them so far and they are nice! As much as I love some apex pros, the j40 line is just as amazing

Thank you. They have such a clean and slick look, they would be great.

I think Tour 90 shafts in my irons would really get them to be just about the perfect set for me.

With that said, Tour 90s remain my ponder.

I think Tour 90 shafts in my irons would really get them to be just about the perfect set for me.

Seems like regardless of the heads, the Tour90s are about as good as it gets for you buddy.

Get a set!

Pondering adding a 4 iron to the bag and taking out the 4h. I love the hybo but as I'm gaining confidence in the rest of my bag I'm losing it with my hybo.

I need to decide between DPC 4i, AP1 4i, Apex 4i, or something else entirely.

Pondering adding a 4 iron to the bag and taking out the 4h. I love the hybo but as I'm gaining confidence in the rest of my bag I'm losing it with my hybo.

I need to decide between DPC 4i, AP1 4i, Apex 4i, or something else entirely.

DPC to match the set you got unless your planning on changing irons soon to AP1 or Apex.

I had this same ponder about dropping the hybo and have come to the conclusion that I'm better off dropping the hybo for a 3i.

DPC to match the set you got unless your planning on changing irons soon to AP1 or Apex.

I had this same ponder about dropping the hybo and have come to the conclusion that I'm better off dropping the hybo for a 3i.

You find a 3 iron to be more consistent than the hybrid?

I'll be honest dude, I'm shocked to see the Ilima in your hybo. Maybe a shaft change could provide you the consistency you're looking for.

Not sure if your interestd buddy, but I know a guy with a C.Kua shafted Hybo.....if your interested...maybe an option for a shaft swap....

I've realised that the J40 hybrid misses too big for my liking. When I hook it its going going gone so I think an iron will be a touch shorter but I should be able to manage my miss much better.
I was thinking why not add as forgiving an iron as I can?

Seems like regardless of the heads, the Tour90s are about as good as it gets for you buddy.

Get a set!
They fit the bill for me.

This is a must. It needs to happen, they are the ultimate shaft for you in your irons.

This is a must. It needs to happen, they are the ultimate shaft for you in your irons.
They really are.

Now, just to find a set that will go in the Apex.

I've realised that the J40 hybrid misses too big for my liking. When I hook it its going going gone so I think an iron will be a touch shorter but I should be able to manage my miss much better.
I was thinking why not add as forgiving an iron as I can?

I find that while irons are more accurate left to right when missed (generalization), the distance loss on poor iron shots are huge in comparison to hybrids.

Surprised you're struggling with a left turn on the j40. That club is one of the few hybrids that I'd say favour a fade if anything in my experiences with them.

I find that while irons are more accurate left to right when missed (generalization), the distance loss on poor iron shots are huge in comparison to hybrids.

Surprised you're struggling with a left turn on the j40. That club is one of the few hybrids that I'd say favour a fade if anything in my experiences with them.

Agree completely. Its not that the J40 gives me the lefts but more that when I miss with any club its left in a big way. The J40 sends the ball so hot that if I miss with it its blow up hole time.
I hit it very well most of the time and have pulled off many a hero shot with it but the misses have been catastrophic.

You find a 3 iron to be more consistent than the hybrid?

I'll be honest dude, I'm shocked to see the Ilima in your hybo. Maybe a shaft change could provide you the consistency you're looking for.

Not sure if your interestd buddy, but I know a guy with a C.Kua shafted Hybo.....if your interested...maybe an option for a shaft swap....

I'm lazy and just didn't update when the shaft was swapped at the beginning of winter I have a 92g stiff Whiteboard in it and its a hook machine for me more times than not. I hit Spicoli's 3i in HHI and it was love at first strike, I rarely hit the hybo now more of a tee lay up club than gunning for greens and think something lower launch would be better suited for that purpose.

Pondering a Rangefinder... just the cost gets me. There is a bit of a stigma with the group I play with that they shouldnt be used during comp of any kind... but even just for solo or practice rounds I reckon it would be so useful... hmmmmmmm

Pondering a Rangefinder... just the cost gets me. There is a bit of a stigma with the group I play with that they shouldnt be used during comp of any kind... but even just for solo or practice rounds I reckon it would be so useful... hmmmmmmm

Check out the kick butt range finders very reasonable and I believe everyone who has one is very happy.

Do your playing partners use GPS during a comp?

Check out the kick butt range finders very reasonable and I believe everyone who has one is very happy.

Do your playing partners use GPS during a comp?

Unfortunately being located in Australia means ording from US is a bit impractical / costly on shipping. Had taken a look at their site, couldnt see an international ship option. Nah no rangefinders, no gps in group.

Unfortunately being located in Australia means ording from US is a bit impractical / costly on shipping. Had taken a look at their site, couldnt see an international ship option. Nah no rangefinders, no gps in group.

Might be worth a email to them about international shipping.

Is it just your group that is this way or everyone playing in the comp? I think it pretty cool to play with no yardage aide if you are familiar or at least some what familiar with the course

I can't say enough good things about the Bushnell V3. Weird that your partners frown upon them...do they not use tees either?

haha just my group. They seem to think a good golfer doesnt need distance help.

I can't say enough good things about the Bushnell V3. Weird that your partners frown upon them...do they not use tees either?

After playing an unfamiliar course with a whole group of guys with rangefinders who had to give me distances, I share this ponder. I just really don't want to spent $200 (or more) right now, which are the prices I see for the good ones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Speaking of rangefinders, I've never used them but I have a question about them, I have rather unsteady hands due to the medication I take, would I still be able to use one or do your hands have to be very steady to use? It's not like I have parkinsons or anything but they're not the hands of a brain surgeon either, they do tremble a little bit, would somebody like me still be able to use one?

Speaking of rangefinders, I've never used them but I have a question about them, I have rather unsteady hands due to the medication I take, would I still be able to use one or do your hands have to be very steady to use? It's not like I have parkinsons or anything but they're not the hands of a brain surgeon either, they do tremble a little bit, would somebody like me still be able to use one?

If you have a bit of the shakes in the hands I would recommend a GPS watch. Neo xs has gotten amazing reviews and I like the garmin approach s4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back