Callaway Supersoft Ball

Might just be a bad ball or something because I haven't seen any durability issues so far. It's a surlyn ball and they hold up pretty well across the board for me. I played 17 holes with one yesterday and popped it back in the bag.

Picked up a 2 ball box at proshop today. Hit a fade\baby slice off the tee. Hit 8 iron to fringe and chipped on. When I picked up the ball on the green it had a 1/2 inch cut. Didn't like the idea that in less than one hole and no terrible hits or tree bounces the ball was seriously damaged.
Probably just a bad ball. Other than the split ball, how did you like them? Did they perform like you expected?

Probably just a bad ball. Other than the split ball, how did you like them? Did they perform like you expected?

I have had multiple ones split on me. I believe it is 4 so far. These have all been while playing on a simulator, so I'm not sure what is happening. I still have another box, so I will continue to monitor it. I like the performance, but the durability is worth keeping an eye on.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Put that ball in the bag's bottom right pocket of desperation. Didn't try the other one. Saved for another day.

This ball felt great with irons and putting but with woods and wedges it just is not what I need.

Just picked up a box of these tonight. Liking the X2Hot's so far but wanted to give these a try.

Played my first round in PA today. Played nine holes and hit 4/7 FWs ( the other 3 were a yard or 2 into the rough) and hit 3/9 Greens.

This ball was so consistent all day long. Had one of the best ball striking days I have ever had with my irons and I have to believe this was a large reason why.

I was really surprised how receptive it was off the face. I hate to say it, but this beats the E6 out by a long shot in my book.

I've been offered a ball fitting service at the place I bought my x2 hot. I wonder how that will work. Will I literally be able to try a few different types based on my swing etc...?

Played my first round in PA today. Played nine holes and hit 4/7 FWs ( the other 3 were a yard or 2 into the rough) and hit 3/9 Greens.

This ball was so consistent all day long. Had one of the best ball striking days I have ever had with my irons and I have to believe this was a large reason why.

I was really surprised how receptive it was off the face. I hate to say it, but this beats the E6 out by a long shot in my book.

I have been playing them for a few weeks now and I agree..I like it better than the E6 and they are cheaper too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely love this ball!!!!!

It does EVERYTHING I need from a ball. I dont think I have the need to ever play another ball.

I've been offered a ball fitting service at the place I bought my x2 hot. I wonder how that will work. Will I literally be able to try a few different types based on my swing etc...?

I imagine they will take a look at your numbers, rough estimate the ball or two that might work best and than let you hit them and see how it fares. They have 6 different balls this year so there should be a ball for everyone.

How about spin wise on the greens? I have X2Hots and just picked these up but havent used them yet.

How about spin wise on the greens? I have X2Hots and just picked these up but havent used them yet.

My experience has been very little spin on short wedges. Not unlike every other similar ball though.

I am not a crazy high spin player, but the spin is fine for me. It checks up pretty decent for me... and if there is roll out, it is minimal. I cant back any ball up a tremendous amount, so I may not be the one to ask.

I used these on Sunday. The sound was more muted of the driver than the E6's I have been using. Ball flight seemed the same maybe a touch higher and felt a lot softer off all the clubs. Around the greens for me they definitely appeared to not roll as much as the E6's and off the putter I was getting more consistent distances. I think more me than the ball, but I'll stick with these until I lose the dozen I brought.

The New Callaway Supersoft Ball

The New Callaway Supersoft Ball

They hold greens on approach very well, there is a bit of roll out with them on chips/wedge shots, but, like T2GRN said, I've never been able to get a ball to check up a ton anyways on the green.

I simply love this golf ball! MAN it is freaking soft! I mean, I'm talkin' "Don't squeeze the Charmin" kinda soft. Good grief. And the distance is long too for being so soft. Solid action off the irons too.

This could be my favorite ball in years and at $20 price point it's hard to go wrong

I haven't read the whole thread but have seen several comparisons to the e6. How does the super soft play with high swing speeds and in warm climates like Alabama? I know most of the soft 2 piece balls aren't highly recommended for these conditions.

I haven't read the whole thread but have seen several comparisons to the e6. How does the super soft play with high swing speeds and in warm climates like Alabama? I know most of the soft 2 piece balls aren't highly recommended for these conditions.

Really hard to day as they are a new ball and it hasn't been warm too many places yet...but at $20 a dozen wouldn't cost you much to find out

I've been playing E6's here in SE Asia where the temperature is normally around the 30 degree C mark. Last Sunday it was 30+ and that was my first time with the SS ball. As I said the ball flight seemed higher, there also appeared to be less fade than I usually get with the E6. I was getting use to how much it would fade right, the SS wasn't coming back as much, whether that was the ball or me I am not sure.

Really hard to day as they are a new ball and it hasn't been warm too many places yet...but at $20 a dozen wouldn't cost you much to find out

I'm in Australia I played in 38*C 90% humidity (terrible day to play golf) and the ball was great longer and straighter than the X2 Hot and Hex Chrome, but I do have a slow swing speed of 85MPH.

I'm in Australia I played in 38*C 90% humidity (terrible day to play golf) and the ball was great longer and straighter than the X2 Hot and Hex Chrome, but I do have a slow swing speed of 85MPH.

Thats really useful thanks. My SS is 90, so I'm very intrigued to try these...

These are replacing my E-6. The more I play the better they are working. For the price there GREAT!

Still on rotation with these. Currently have a box of Duo's, Srixon Softs and these. Honestly hard to tell one from the other. The Srixon I think is actually my best ball but I do love the Callaway.

Back