2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work Nixon. 37 pounds is awesome.

Herbalife tried to suck me in today. Didn't work

I am finally getting back into a healthy workout routine which feels great. However, I am finding myself hungrier than ever, and I just don't remember that happening in the past when I worked out a lot. Maybe it's just my body going into shock from all this activity, but damn if I am not hungry 24/7. I get full pretty quickly, but am starving again in an hour. I tried drinking more water thinking it was just thirst, but I am still hungry.

I am finally getting back into a healthy workout routine which feels great. However, I am finding myself hungrier than ever, and I just don't remember that happening in the past when I worked out a lot. Maybe it's just my body going into shock from all this activity, but damn if I am not hungry 24/7. I get full pretty quickly, but am starving again in an hour. I tried drinking more water thinking it was just thirst, but I am still hungry.

All I've done is read about other people working out and start thinking that maybe I should do the same and now I'm hungry all the time. Maybe I'm just meant to weight 200 instead of 180!

This is really common. Try increasing your protein intake.

Been following along and seeing everyone's progress and what they are doing is great motivation. I guess it's time for me to post on what I have been doing too. A little background on some things as well. 2 years ago I had a heart procedure done, 1 year ago I had a tumor removed from my tongue (not fun I tell you) and 4 months ago I had a blood pressure issue caused by an imbalance of sodium, and throw in my bouts with vertigo. needless to say my health hasn't been all that great for the last several years. Basically it was time to fix what was wrong and as much as the pride hurts to say it, I was a short, fat barrel with legs that didn't have a good chance at making 50 if I didn't change.

Ok that's out of the way....

So as of January I started watching what I was eating, slowly started a workout program, quit smoking and chewing (yeah I was a double dipper no pun intended). After a month of what I describe as my personal hell things started working and I started feeling better. I was able to do more on my workouts and didn't miss the fast food/junk food. I actually started doing a modified version of P90x now...

but as of today I have lost 37lbs. I have a long way to go but at least I have started the journey. Just want to say thanks to all of you guys for sharing what you have done because it has helped keep me motivated on those days that I hurt, didn't feel like, or whatever the excuse I came up with to not workout.

So once again Thank You:thankyou:

Welcome and thanks for posting!! Amazing story of recovery!

This is really common. Try increasing your protein intake.

I think that's what I am going to do. I just bought some 100% egg protein powder and I am going to start having that as a snack. It's 100% dairy free, which is why I got it since I am lactose intolerant, I can mix this with my lactaid and it's totally dairy free. That's a big deal for me.

I think that's what I am going to do. I just bought some 100% egg protein powder and I am going to start having that as a snack. It's 100% dairy free, which is why I got it since I am lactose intolerant, I can mix this with my lactaid and it's totally dairy free. That's a big deal for me.

I hope it works Morgan! Good luck! And congrats on the new routine!

I hope it works Morgan! Good luck! And congrats on the new routine!

Thanks! It's about damn time I got back into the gym. I have a long road ahead of me, I have to keep reminding myself of that. I've never used egg protein before, but it gets great reviews, so I am looking forward to it.

Thanks! It's about damn time I got back into the gym. I have a long road ahead of me, I have to keep reminding myself of that. I've never used egg protein before, but it gets great reviews, so I am looking forward to it.

I think you'll like it. I find it quite a bit less chalky when blended

Exercise wise I am fairly happy with the light jogging and badminton with rounds of golf thrown in

Meal wise at home we have made a few changes now that Jen has started with Slimming World but we weren't too bad anyway there

It is the work stuff that I am not truly happy with as I haven't yet decided what changes to make from the usual sandwiches I take...quickest change would be to change to wholemeal bread buns and maybe change the choc bar to a fruit bake bar and now that the weather is getting better I will start taking salads instead of sandwiches

Time to hit the treadmill
#90mins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can also try carnivore if you would like to try beef protein powder. Nothing really beats whole food though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also try carnivore if you would like to try beef protein powder. Nothing really beats whole food though.

I won't lie, that sounds terrible! I am sure there are many that would like it, but that doesn't sound like something for me. I am not much of a protein shake person, but they are good for snacks or on the go. They are also good for making a dessert to help curb my sweet cravings. Not sure beef protein powder will help with that haha.

Doesn't taste like beef at all, in fact, the chocolate is very good. Have only mixed it with water though.

Got I to the gym for a quick round of cardio. Hit the elliptical for 30 min on "hill" setting and kept the pace above 60rpm. I have slacked on the cardio of late and focused on lifting which is not ideal for my goals. Going to do double duty for a whole to catch up on cardio training

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Interesting. It doesn't seem to be dairy free though, in the ingredients it mentions dairy.

Oh. You're right about that. Hasn't bothered me though, and I can't do dairy either. Egg protein is awesome too though!

Ran 4.25 miles in the hills at a 7:30 pace, then shoulders, biceps, triceps, sit ups, squats and calf lifts afterwards. Worked hard for about an hour, feels great. Tomorrow I will play 9 before work and then exercise again on Saturday or Sunday (and fish the other day of the weekend).

I am doing my usual workouts and running on Tuesday, Thursday, and then a longer run workout on Saturday or Sunday (just have to fit it in with the schedule for the family). I am doing the Fix Your Body, Fix Your Swing workouts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The FYBFYS workouts are a little lighter and more oriented on flexibility than my usual workouts. It is a nice change of pace and I enjoy getting some work in on three extra days a week.

Ran 4.25 miles in the hills at a 7:30 pace, then shoulders, biceps, triceps, sit ups, squats and calf lifts afterwards. Worked hard for about an hour, feels great. Tomorrow I will play 9 before work and then exercise again on Saturday or Sunday (and fish the other day of the weekend).

I am doing my usual workouts and running on Tuesday, Thursday, and then a longer run workout on Saturday or Sunday (just have to fit it in with the schedule for the family). I am doing the Fix Your Body, Fix Your Swing workouts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The FYBFYS workouts are a little lighter and more oriented on flexibility than my usual workouts. It is a nice change of pace and I enjoy getting some work in on three extra days a week.

Nice dude! Sweet workout. This is what I am trying to get back to

I won't lie, that sounds terrible! I am sure there are many that would like it, but that doesn't sound like something for me. I am not much of a protein shake person, but they are good for snacks or on the go. They are also good for making a dessert to help curb my sweet cravings. Not sure beef protein powder will help with that haha.

I love powders and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't go near this one haha

Starting P90X3 with the wife tonight. I really enjoyed Blu's mass workout he sent me and I did that for about a month before life got in the way. Right now though I need to lose some mass, not gain it haha

Starting P90X3 with the wife tonight. I really enjoyed Blu's mass workout he sent me and I did that for about a month before life got in the way. Right now though I need to lose some mass, not gain it haha

That is a tough routine. The nice thing, you can pick it back up for a month or so just to add some bulk and power.

That is a tough routine. The nice thing, you can pick it back up for a month or so just to add some bulk and power.

Which is the plan broski. Cut down, build up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back