Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

My first new set, sold them off to my friend who is trying to get into the sport and bought me xhots.

My wife has been using the 4 and 5 hybrids of this set. Within a couple of weeks she had two close calls on holes in one (one with each club), so I don't see me getting them back any time soon.

Not sure how much longer I can keep the 6H in my bag before she takes that one too.

Wooo, that 6H used to be money for me! Loved that thing. Keep it away from her if you ever want to see it again. Haha

I want to keep it in the bag for the getting over the trees capabilities of it, so hopefully she leaves it alone.

My wife now has all three hybrids. Her only complaint is that she hits them too far, haha.

How awful for her. :laughing:

She is beginning to like them a little better now. She just moved back to the golds and the problem is solved, hehehe.

Over the last month I have swapped out my entire bag for a12 OSes. First was the 3 and 4 hybrids. Never have hit clubs of that range any good ever until these. I added the 5 and 6 hybrids and had a great range session the first time I used them. Took some balls in front of the mat into heavy rough and hit 5/6 of them square, nice long flight that would have landed in any fairway, even one I hit from a divot that I thought I missed!

Through a nice set of circumstances, I have upgraded the rest of my irons to a12 OSes (detailed in a thread titled "new clubs!") and after I sell the extra hybrids I should, worst case, be out $25 for the whole set. My lone experience with the 7i-GW was a long session at Golf Galaxy doing the fittings and every club was +10 years or more from my old RAZR Xs, most with a nice gentle draw that I could definitely get used to playing. So easy to hit those solid, winter is going to take forever to get over with!

Be sure to put your thoughts on them here. Hopefully you will have a few days at least to get out and play before Spring!

Over the last month I have swapped out my entire bag for a12 OSes. First was the 3 and 4 hybrids. Never have hit clubs of that range any good ever until these. I added the 5 and 6 hybrids and had a great range session the first time I used them. Took some balls in front of the mat into heavy rough and hit 5/6 of them square, nice long flight that would have landed in any fairway, even one I hit from a divot that I thought I missed!

Through a nice set of circumstances, I have upgraded the rest of my irons to a12 OSes (detailed in a thread titled "new clubs!") and after I sell the extra hybrids I should, worst case, be out $25 for the whole set. My lone experience with the 7i-GW was a long session at Golf Galaxy doing the fittings and every club was +10 years or more from my old RAZR Xs, most with a nice gentle draw that I could definitely get used to playing. So easy to hit those solid, winter is going to take forever to get over with!

Good luck with A12 OS set, I loved them back when I was testing them! Really easy to hit...guess it's no suprise that I am now playing a similar club in the Cleveland Altitudes.

Got my first action with this today. Went out and played for two hours, playing one ball tee to green and dropping another in different places.

In terms of ball striking, I've never been better. Not even close. Solid contact on every ball except one, an overswung 4hy that I dropped and cracked the next time. I gained about 5-10 yards everywhere as well. My PW is now a reliable 130-135 club! I did notice my distance gap between the GW and PW was 35 yards, all the other gaps were 10-15 yards.

Have to dial in the clubs still, but I'm really happy and looking forward to practice.

Good to hear it rbartle17, Adams really packed a lot of tech in these for an OS set.

Smalls: Can you compare and contrast the A12OS with the HB3s you have in your signature? I know I have my own opinions on the two (having owned multiple sets of HB3s and having played A12OS), but I'd love to hear yours.

More forgiving?
Longer?
Sound and feel?
Gapping?

Thanks!

I appreciate all the work and in-depth reviews in this thread for these irons. I am getting back into the game after a long, long absence. I went with these irons based largely on the reviews here. I was using an old set of Square 2 ZCX Ti irons my dad gave me.

So far I am very pleased. The hybrids are definitely taking some time to get used to for someone who didn't even know what a hybrid was 3 months ago. Like I said, I've been out of the game :) It is strange looking down at my new 6 "iron", but I like the results I am getting.

I appreciate all the work and in-depth reviews in this thread for these irons. I am getting back into the game after a long, long absence. I went with these irons based largely on the reviews here. I was using an old set of Square 2 ZCX Ti irons my dad gave me.

So far I am very pleased. The hybrids are definitely taking some time to get used to for someone who didn't even know what a hybrid was 3 months ago. Like I said, I've been out of the game :) It is strange looking down at my new 6 "iron", but I like the results I am getting.

Welcome to THP!

Some of the best hybrids out there. Swing them like an iron, don't try to sweep, and they are money. Congrats and good luck to you!

Has anyone used the lob wedge from this set? I was wondering about the bounce on it. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Edit: Found it on the Adam's website in a pdf. 8 degrees.

Last edited:
Hi all. New member here, and fairly new to golf - No handicap as such, and still learning terminology so to speak. We've all got to start somewhere! Been reading this thread which is very informative, so thanks to all that have contributed.

I'm looking to purchase my first set of clubs, and having been practicing with a TM Burner OS, I have decided to go down the OS route.

I've considered various options including the Burner OS & Diablo Edge.

Due to various reasons, including price, I have narrowed down my option to the Adams A12 OS or a set of Wilson Staff Di7.

I realise that the Di7 clubs are several years old, but I have been offered a brand new set of 4-SW for the equivalent of $200 (I'm in the UK).

I have also been offered a brand new set of the Adams A12 OS (4H-SW) for approx $330.

Unfortunately I will not have the opportunity to hit a set of the Adams, but I do have the opportunity to hit their 2014 Idea set, which should give me an idea of what hitting hybrids is like.

My question to you is: Do you think purchasing a set of hybrid irons is a good idea as a first set of clubs, or am I better purchasing a traditional set of irons?

I'm in my late twenties, approx 6ft tall with a wrist to floor measurement of approx 35 inches.

Thanks in advance.

IMO, the hybrids are built specifically for ease of hitting. I've only had my a12 OS set for the offseason, but all my practice has shown that the hybrids in the set are way easier to hit than the irons of the same length were for me.

Definitely go hit the Idea set that you have access to and see for yourself.

I am 41, but 6' and 210 so we are similar in build.

I was one of the testers for the Adams a12OS irons and they are one of the easiest sets to hit that I have ever tried.

Thanks both.

rbarthle17 - Did you need your clubs altering at all?

DawgDaddy - Would you recommend them for somebody just starting out like myself?

The only altering I did was change the grips. I prefer a midsize grip and go with the Golf Pride MC. Other than that, stock. Steel shafts for the irons and regular flex for the hybrids.

Thanks both.

rbarthle17 - Did you need your clubs altering at all?

DawgDaddy - Would you recommend them for somebody just starting out like myself?

Wholeheartedly, I think they would be just the ticket and an almost unbeatable choice.

So I found the hard-to-find two hybrid for this set on eBay. Only comes in stiff shaft. Have had two range sessions with it, and love this club.

Right now I hit the hybrids better than I hit the irons.

This was my startup set.. Still have it. I did move away from and got the TM R11s 4-AW set... Now I'm thinking about either going back or making an mixed bag... 4h-6h a12os and 7-GW R11.

Will give the full set a go tomorrow and see how it plays... I feel i'll end up with the mixed bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was also one of the testers for these irons and they would be a great starter set, very easy to hit.

I decided to put these back in my bag on Monday. Just the irons, since my wife has the hybrids now.

Back