Does anything compare to clicgear push cart?

Joshsmit56001

Reaction score
Handicap
I was looking at getting a push cart and I have always heard clicgear is the best. Does anything compare to clicgear? If so what other push carts would you recommend? I would like something that can be folded up pretty small and is fairly inexpensive.

Thanks,
Josh

I use the tour trek one click 2.0 and its great. easily folds up. I haven't used a clicgear, though.

A few others use the Bag Boy Quad cart.....but most use Clicgear

Not in my opinion, the quality and durability of the ClicGear's is just better compared to the Bag Boy's and others some of my friends at the course use.

I know some THPers swear by Sun Mountain.

I know some THPers swear by Sun Mountain.

I currently use a Sun Mountain cart. To be honest with you I would not buy one of their carts over clicgear. Comparing my Speed Cart SV1 to my friends 3.5+, the clicgear is just better all the way around. I've had major durability issues with my SV1 already and have barely had it for a full season. I will definitely be going the clicgear route the next time I purchase a pushcart. That being tough for me to say, as I try to support this company since it was founded and still resides in my hometown.

ClicGear is the best! I have beat on my ClicGear 3.0 for a couple years now and it still tracks strait and rolls smooth. Compared to some previous carts it's a monster. I picked it up on a holiday sale from TGW for well under $200 and was worth every penny.

Sun mountain was okay too, but that was way back in the inflatable tire days. Glad we're past that.

I have a sun mountain sv1 and don't really have any complaints, but haven't ever compared to a clicgear. I have had no issues with my cart and have used it for 3 years now.

I think what I am hearing from most is to save for the clicgear for quality and durability. Is there much of a difference between the 3.0, 3.5, and 3.5+?

I have a sun mountain sv1 and don't really have any complaints, but haven't ever compared to a clicgear. I have had no issues with my cart and have used it for 3 years now.

I guess I must have got a lemon, as I've had a lot of problems with mine, and I've only had it for 1 full season. The umbrella strap broke off, spokes on one of the wheels snapped and the entire wheel had to be replaced. Also the cogs in the middle where it locks the top half in place, have been stripped so when I have to go up over something it strips out.

The problem I had in my Clic 3.0 was the brake cable broke. I stopped by their factory and was able to get a replacement cable with no hassle. Good people

I guess I must have got a lemon, as I've had a lot of problems with mine, and I've only had it for 1 full season. The umbrella strap broke off, spokes on one of the wheels snapped and the entire wheel had to be replaced. Also the cogs in the middle where it locks the top half in place, have been stripped so when I have to go up over something it strips out.

Yikes, that does sound bad. I guess I did have 1 issue where one of the lower arms broke, but that's because my bag has a putter well that hits the arm spot and just pushed it down when I was loading it and snapped the pin holding the arm. Doesn't impact functionality though.

I got a membership and plan on walking a lot more this year and don't want to carry by staff bag all of the time, just sometimes :act-up: I carried yesterday and the guy at the clubhouse said "You're gonna carry that bag?" LOL

I don't doubt the clic gear is the bomb. But as a Bag Boy Quad user, I'm very happy with its performance. I'm sure a clic gear would be a step up, but I'm happy enough that I'm not interested...

I don't doubt the clic gear is the bomb. But as a Bag Boy Quad user, I'm very happy with its performance. I'm sure a clic gear would be a step up, but I'm happy enough that I'm not interested...

I have had a Sunmountain V1 for 3 or 4 seasons now and I still have no complaints. I walk 15-20 rounds a season with it and I can't say I'm gentle with it and have never had an issue.

I had one of the cheap older Bag Boy models, and the negatives from it delayed my ClicGear purchase for far too long. Given that some online coupons will apply to even the 3.5+, it was a purchase I made at Christmas, and I have not regretted it for a minute. The way I look at it is that for the difference in the extra cost, if it keeps me walking and avoiding cart fees, the difference will pay for itself shortly.

Seems like ClicGear and Sun Mountain are pretty much the two top brands, and both are similarly priced.

The three biggies are all mentioned here, with Clicgear being in a league of their own just about. The next two would be Bag Boy and Sun Mountain in my opinion, but that is only based on the research I did a couple of years ago when I was looking. I've never owned another cart than my Clicgear 2.0. If I recall the only differences between the 2.0 and 3.0 were more what I would deem cosmetic. Bigger cup holder, bigger net bag by the handle. And I don't remember what the 3.5 was, but it was something along those lines as well I believe.

I went to Clicgear's website and WOW!! If you are looking for a more budget item look at their Ravic line. The RV1C and the RV3F both look almost identical to the 3.0 and a slightly lower cost. I'm sure there are differences in quality and one had a straight spine instead of the curved one, but it may be a viable option for you. And if you shop around you may find them for closer to $150.

I'm happy with the Sun Mountain I've had for 5 plus years.

I'm on my second set of tires I've used it so much.

My Clicgear is 1.5 years old and must have about 90 rounds on it. It gets stuffed in my trunk and rolled through mud on a regular basis and it has no real problems. I'm quite convinced its bulletproof.
It does track to the left for some reason but its no big deal.

I have a full season under my belt with the clicgear 3.5.. I have no complaints and would highly recommend this product. If you search the net you can get a good deal.

i went to GG 2 weeks ago to get a push cart for my birthday present. i was looking at the 4 wheel sun mountain micro as i want compact collapse for my car. i was looking sun mountain due to having a c 130. i threw a c 130 on it and the screw clamp arms to clamp onto the bag just didnt give me a warm fuzzy. would the bag ever fall out? doubt it but still didnt feel thrilled about it. i ended up with the 3.5 with the bungie cord system. after i got home and opened up the box i saw that neat little option features available pamphlet. oh man that thing can get pimped out. and it collapses to a nice compact size as well

i went to GG 2 weeks ago to get a push cart for my birthday present. i was looking at the 4 wheel sun mountain micro as i want compact collapse for my car. i was looking sun mountain due to having a c 130. i threw a c 130 on it and the screw clamp arms to clamp onto the bag just didnt give me a warm fuzzy. would the bag ever fall out? doubt it but still didnt feel thrilled about it. i ended up with the 3.5 with the bungie cord system. after i got home and opened up the box i saw that neat little option features available pamphlet. oh man that thing can get pimped out. and it collapses to a nice compact size as well

I just need an accessory that adds seats for my kids to sit on as well. I have a 7 and 4 year old that like to go golfing with me but don't like to walk!

Here's a thread I can respond to with some real experience.

I have a Sun Mountain 4 wheel Microcart and my brother has a Clic Gear 3.0. We play side by side all the time. We both like our carts, both cost about the same, and both have tons of extra doo-dads attached to them. (cigar holders, range finder holders etc) My Microcart gets more use, but both have held up well. I had to re-sew the seams to my Micro's accessory bag as they split after a year, but that's the only repair. His Clic gear has had no repairs in a year, but he only uses his once a month to my 12x a month. Both seem very durable and easy to push.

The brake system of the Clicgear is a little better engineered than the Sun Mountain, however the mated design of the Microcart to the bottom of my Sun Mountain Synch bag is sublime and it keeps my really heavy, unbalanced bag in place without the twisting that always accompanies bags & push carts. The Synch also makes for a superb stand-up riding bag as well and I don't have the shoulder strap attached. The Clic Gear has a wider stance and is more stable. If you thumb a ride from an electric cart and you drag your Clic gear behind you, it will pull pretty well. The Micro does not like to be pulled, only pushed.

The biggest difference is in the ease of set up and the space they occupy when stored. In these categories, the Sun Mountain wins easily, It squashes down like an accordion into a small cube by flipping levers and it occupies far less space in my trunk than the Clic gear. I can fold and load in half the time he can. To give you an idea of how compact it is, I can get TWO Micro's and TWO bags into the tailgate well of my small SUV and still pull the vinyl top cover closed over them, enabling me to see out the back in the rear view mirror. The Clicgear is too big when folded for this to happen.

Back