Driver carry distance you'd be satisfied with

You mange well with your tee distance at least when you don't hit 150yd markers.
Thanks for rehashing that nightmare of a round. Didn't I tag two 150 yd markers that round?

I'm not sure I would ever be satisfied. Even the guys I know that kill the ball are always trying to get that extra 5 or 10 yards.
Agreed, I am certainly not the longest of hitters, but I know guys who can hit the ball longer than I and want more distance. They also are the ones that can take less than driver for accuracy and still be in the same position as me with my driver. Darn them!!!

Driver carry distance you'd be satisfied with

I want 250 again like I used to have

Sadly Im 30+ yards away right now

This is me exactly. There is a fairway bunker on the 2nd hole of one of my regular courses that is 230 to carry. I was so used to carrying it with no problem. Then all if a sudden I kept finding the middle of it.

it took me almost two years, half a dozen drivers and four brands of balls to figure out, I was just getting older and shorter. Ha

Of course you know once we got that 250 back. We'd want "just 10 more yards"

Thanks for rehashing that nightmare of a round. Didn't I tag two 150 yd markers that round?

One for sure that took 30 off your drive!

I'm happy where my drives are carry wise just need to drop them in the right fairway :) if I'm carrying 260-270 I'm happy but I know that shot is getting zero roll when it hits 275+ and I can roll it out there.

I'd be happy with 240-250. Right now I'm thrilled when it goes 220.

I would be happy with 250 consistent carry. Right now I am about 200-220, but do my best to swing my driver with a very controlled swing...

I would be happy with 250 consistent carry. Right now I am about 200-220, but do my best to swing my driver with a very controlled swing...

This answer pretty much matches up with mine, I cannot imagine flying a drive out there 250 but man would I love to do it.

This answer pretty much matches up with mine, I cannot imagine flying a drive out there 250 but man would I love to do it.

It's fun when in the right fairway off line and it's disastrous

I would be satisfied with 300 carry. I'm not there and probably wont be but I would still be satisfied with it.

Whatever I am driving it that particular day, I have realized I have to play from where I hit it no matter where that happens to be.

My carry is about 220 rolling out to about 250. Not the longest hitter but my FIR is 58% so I guess fairly accurate. I'm hoping the new shaft that's going in my driver will increase my carry a little as well as improve my accuracy.

When being fit by Cool Clubs on their trackman they had my carry distance at 218 and a total of 242. That on a swing speed of 85 and a smash factor of 1.5 (1.49 on another). I would like to fly it out to 230 so I'll need to increase my SS by a minimum of 4-5 MPH or buy a non conforming club. Of course, I'm not going to get a 1.5, or close that often.

Last edited:
I'm fine with my current carry average of around 260, but would love to be more around 275. I've been there before, but without consistent practice, I can't and won't swing that speed, or it won't be in the fairway enough.

I'd be satisfied with a consistent 230 yard center cut carry off the tee.:thumb: Maybe squeeze another 10 to 20 yards with roll out pending turf conditions.

230 - 240 consistently would make me happy.

JM

I'd be happy with a consistent 250 carry, in the fairway. Hopefully, I can get back to that.

Given the lack of distance I get on my drives, I wonder if once I get more flexible so I can increase my backswing and get a fitting, how much further I will be able to hit it. Maybe a GolfTec fitting will be my christmas present to myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eleventy billion yards

I didnt read all 10 pages but I keep laughing at this :)...too funny.

Anyway. I am happy where I am at with driver carry and distance. I wish I could say that about all of my game lol.
If I have good driver sweet spot days (and I do even though a higher capper) I'll be 260 to 280 total yards with a bunch of them and I believe the carry on those is about 250ish. I know at the range when my driver is in sync I'll often carry about that 250 marker. But if I'm swinging the club well but yet not catching the sweet spot very well then its in 250's total so then I'd have to guess about 230's carry. Of course there are the times when it can be both less and also more than what I mention if things are not too good or very good with the big stick that day. Of course more of the less good ones but All in all I am satisfied with the current carry and distances. As long as I keep it in play is the more concern.

I'd be happy with 250 carry. I'm at 220-230 right now when I swing in control. When I try to kill it, a wild slice appears. So for me, right now, I'm very happy with 220 in the fairway (plus rollout). I don't play any courses that would require me to be a big hitter BUT I'd rather know that I have the ability to bomb one out if I need to.

Whatever will leave me with a short iron 2nd shot into a par 4.

I am happy with my 255 yard carry. I will never be happy with my average putts per round, however!:act-up:

I'm satisfied with ~250 carry. I like 260 better, but going for the extra 10 burns me more often than not.

I'd be happy if I could get a consistent carry of 260. I swing around 102, but put way too much spin on the ball. Right now my good swings with roll will get me 270-280, but very inconsistent. If I could get a few lessons and a proper fitting I'm sure I could carry 260 regularly and I'd be happy with that.

There was a time when I could carry the ball around 270 and kept it relatively accurate. I suppose I'd just like to get back to that number.

250 would be a great carry number for me. I'd say right now I'm around 220-230. Roll typically helps me a lot although spring golf in Ohio means very very little roll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back