Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

I'm going to set it and forget
Im going to tinker, and then pick your brain, tinker some more, pick your brain, tinker some more, then finally listen to you and put it to where it needs to be.

Im going to tinker, and then pick your brain, tinker some more, pick your brain, tinker some more, then finally listen to you and put it to where it needs to be.

Well I'll tinker a little bit then put a hurting on some round objects with dimples

I'm going to lean on both you guys and the #zoocrew guys to help me dial my BB in. Two short weeks away!

Well I'll tinker a little bit then put a hurting on some round objects with dimples and then lose to Team harry
Sounds about right... :alien:

I'm going to lean on both you guys and the #zoocrew guys to help me dial my BB in. Two short weeks away!
You are going to bomb it, bro.

I'm looking forward to putting the BB in play. I liked what I saw on the range at Lake Charles.

Back from my "home" grass range with hitting the BB and black tie.

Forget anything negative I said earlier. Bertha turns into an even bigger monster with the black tie. Holy crap...I will write more specifics later. Right now I am going to watch a movie with the boys.

M M M Mooonnnnsssttteerrrrrrrrrrr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had another round with BB today. I continue to be impressed with how much distance i'm gaining over the driver I bagged last year.

Now granted my lessons are paying off and I'm making consistent contact more often, but good lord does the ball just jump off this face. I have a Red Tie & White Tie that I'm thinking about putting an adapter on to see how it performs, but the stock Fubuki is working so well I don't want to mess with it. I hit several drives 250+ today & even one than went 274. I've never been that long of a hitter & it's nice to see.

I had another round with BB today. I continue to be impressed with how much distance i'm gaining over the driver I bagged last year.

Now granted my lessons are paying off and I'm making consistent contact more often, but good lord does the ball just jump off this face. I have a Red Tie & White Tie that I'm thinking about putting an adapter on to see how it performs, but the stock Fubuki is working so well I don't want to mess with it. I hit several drives 250+ today & even one than went 274. I've never been that long of a hitter & it's nice to see.

dude that is awesome!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to this club, I've gone from being afraid of my driver to "when can we get to the next tee box". Even with the crazy winds we had today I was just crushing it with this thing.

I got out for a short round today and my swing was inconsistent off the tee. One thing that was not inconsistent was the forgiveness all across the clubface on this thing! I could tell when I had a bad swing but off of the clubface the ball just still got out there. The lack of distance lost on off center hits has me scratching my head, it shouldn't be this good.

I was crushing this driver on the range today with a higher ball flight that seemed to carry past the 250yds sign. Funny thing is I forgot it was adjusted last range session to +2 (11*) Neutral and didn't realize until I put it back in the bag. Looks like that setting is staying for now. #bestdriverofalltime #berthalong

Watched Lee play this for the first time today....she missed 2 fairways all day, and she found distance she's never seen before. To say she's tickled is a huge understatement!

Just won a slightly used one off of eBay with a Motore Speeder VC 6.0, can't wait to game. Will most likely sell the shaft since I like the 'Ilima that I am gaming.

Hit this bad girl again after my lesson today, and I think I've found my settings (at least to start with) in #TheKing - +1 deg, neutral, slider at 1.5 draw. Was consistently getting about 230 or 235 carry and high 90's swing speed and was a little tired after the lesson, so I imagine I can probably get even more distance out of it, since I was getting my driver up to 250 or more carry with low to mid 100's swing speed. Continue to just love the solid feel and the excellent sound.

Hit this bad girl again after my lesson today, and I think I've found my settings (at least to start with) in #TheKing - +1 deg, neutral, slider at 1.5 draw. Was consistently getting about 230 or 235 carry and high 90's swing speed and was a little tired after the lesson, so I imagine I can probably get even more distance out of it, since I was getting my driver up to 250 or more carry with low to mid 100's swing speed. Continue to just love the solid feel and the excellent sound.

I love what I'm hearing! Good job partner. :clapp:

Well guys. Went to local GS to try the X2Hot. I have the 3 wood and thought I would try the driver. Was happy with 913D3 but, what the heck. Well GS guy ( who fit me for my Apex irons) said I had to try BB. I did and hit against my gamer and the X2Hot. He also had me hit SLDR that he thought would be good. Numbers from monitor we're pretty equal for BB and SLDR. Went outside and no contest. BB gets up and just goes. Was hitting to end of range! I was carrying a good 20 yards past my gamer. Needless to say it went home with me. Can't wait to put in play this weekend.

Reading the reviews in here have me pumped for next week! #BerthaLong #TheKing

Makes ya wanna slap a big old juicy kiss on the big gal huh? :kiss::in-love:

Went and got fitted yesterday for new woods. Never intended to like the Big Bertha Alpha because I don't like the shiny read white and blue, but I have never hit a driver so well in my life. My horrible hook is a baby draw and I probably picked up 30 yards over my Titleist 910 D2. This thing just fits me.

How is the push/pull forgivness of the BB? I know the SLDR is insane on push/pull forgivness but you will lose a lot of distance with off center shots with the SLDR.

Makes ya wanna slap a big old juicy kiss on the big gal huh? :kiss::in-love:

Can't wait to get Bertha in my hands and see what she can do. The range session upcoming where we all get our drivers handed to us is going to be so cool. 10 guys having Christmas in April!

Back