Nike Covert 2.0 Driver Preview

I cut my 2.0 down to 44.5"... and my o my. All of the difference in the world.

I missed 3 fairways yesterday and the most I missed the fairway by was 4 yards. It was literally point and shoot. I dont think I have ever hit a driver better.

Forgiveness, length, feel and looks, this bad boy packs a solid punch!

i hit the tour version on a sim this weekend. i liked it i was seeing very consistant distances and direction with it definatly more forgiving then the tour 1.0.

still not enough to make me change from 1.0 standard.

I hit 9 fairways with an average distance of 245 (50 degree weather). I love the pair shaped head. Very forgiving club.

I played the non-tour version of this driver most of the weekend and came away really surprised. Sounded good, gave me reasonable distance, was forgiving enough.

Some two way misses going on that were swing related, but that's just something I haven't worked on in months.

Not a replacement for my gamer, but I'd play it any day.

I played the non-tour version of this driver most of the weekend and came away really surprised. Sounded good, gave me reasonable distance, was forgiving enough.

Some two way misses going on that were swing related, but that's just something I haven't worked on in months.

Not a replacement for my gamer, but I'd play it any day.

Like it more than the tour model you reviewed? The sound is so much improved from last year.

Like it more than the tour model you reviewed? The sound is so much improved from last year.

From a fitting perspective, absolutely.

I had the pleasure of hitting this at a demo the other day. That red sure is eye catching. I was incredibly impressed with how this driver performed. I was getting solid distance, it felt great and the forgiveness was top notch. I hit a couple off the toe that carried with a slight draw just as far as a pure shot. Also incredibly impressed with the 3w, the Covert woods are fantastic this year!

I had the pleasure of hitting this at a demo the other day. That red sure is eye catching. I was incredibly impressed with how this driver performed. I was getting solid distance, it felt great and the forgiveness was top notch. I hit a couple off the toe that carried with a slight draw just as far as a pure shot. Also incredibly impressed with the 3w, the Covert woods are fantastic this year!

I liked the fairway wood too - at least from the tee. Not so much a club I'd hit off the turf.

Still surprised how much I liked the non-tour. It wasn't really exceptional at anything, but it wasn't bad at much either (for my swing). The adjustability is a big plus on this line.

Went Driver hunting fully expecting to buy one of these yesterday. Really couldnt get on with the lighter shaft (was just trying the standard stiff shaft), was messing with what little swing tempo i have. Ended up picking up a used R9 Supertri, which is quite abit heavier, only problem being that it didnt come with the wrench and it is set in the furthest right setting at the minute so wont be using it until the wrench i ordered arrives.

Lately I've noticed a "creaking" noise coming from the flex loft adapter area during downswing and if I put any pressure on the club head. Had to put Fuel shaft back on and do not get the noise at all. Plan on taking it in to see if there's anything wrong with it other than the annoying noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suruhyme.jpg

I like it. Maybe I can pass it off as a G25 and sneak it in the bag with my ping irons!

Got to hit this a few times today, meh. Didn't do much for me. Had a pretty weird feel I thought. Launch seemed decent, but was just a little funky.

I did also hit the 3W off the tee a couple times though. That thing felt great. Awesome ball flight, and dead straight. I could see enjoying the 3W.

Love this driver!

Well hell has officially frozen over, because not only have I added a Nike club to my bag which I said I never would....but it pushed out my Bio Cell + which I was in a deep love affair with for the last 6 months.

Well hell has officially frozen over, because not only have I added a Nike club to my bag which I said I never would....but it pushed out my Bio Cell + which I was in a deep love affair with for the last 6 months.

Wow. I need to hit this thing!

My instructor said he could fit me for a 2.0 for about $150. Seriously contemplating.

That seems like a fantastic deal.
I think so as well. He said they had several top end shafts they need to move for cheap. I'm really interested in the black bird and G30, but for $150 fitted don't think it can be beat.

My instructor said he could fit me for a 2.0 for about $150. Seriously contemplating.

I'd jump all over that. I think you'll be happy you did.

It's a good driver for sure. The only reason that I traded it was because I really wanted to add the Cobra Bio Cell to my stall. The Covert is a solid driver and worked well for my swing.

yea, i honestly wasn't in the market, but saw one marked down at my local Dick's for $115 (the black limited edition one too!) and i had a gift card in my pocket for $95, so figured why not, worst case i'd pass it on the fs/ft. Believe me, i had to play two full rounds and 3 range sessions before i admitted to myself that despite my general disdain of all things Nike/Tiger, it was producing better results for me. And lest i become a nike fanboy all of a sudden, i'm fighting the urge to buy any more RZN black because i played two rounds with one sleeve (which in and of itself is a milestone for me) and don't think i could hit it better...but at $10+/more than I can get my Bridgestones, it wasn't that great. When they get marked down though to bring out the new balls...i am going to have to strap myself down.

Wow, that's a great deal.

yea, i honestly wasn't in the market, but saw one marked down at my local Dick's for $115 (the black limited edition one too!) and i had a gift card in my pocket for $95, so figured why not, worst case i'd pass it on the fs/ft. Believe me, i had to play two full rounds and 3 range sessions before i admitted to myself that despite my general disdain of all things Nike/Tiger, it was producing better results for me. And lest i become a nike fanboy all of a sudden, i'm fighting the urge to buy any more RZN black because i played two rounds with one sleeve (which in and of itself is a milestone for me) and don't think i could hit it better...but at $10+/more than I can get my Bridgestones, it wasn't that great. When they get marked down though to bring out the new balls...i am going to have to strap myself down.

I was exactly like you Martsy. I could not see myself playing any Nike equipment and it felt really odd with the Nike swish in my bag. I'm not a Tiger or Nike fan however you can't argue if a product works well with your game. Good luck with the continued success.

Was looking at the specs for this driver today and realized something. It's listed as 1 degree open? I didn't realize that. I guess I adjust it at setup.

Back