Taylormade Tour Preferred MC Iron Review Thread

After registering the clubs I was surfing through the TM site and saw they are coming out with the Tour Preferred wedges, SOON. They look pretty solid.

After registering the clubs I was surfing through the TM site and saw they are coming out with the Tour Preferred wedges, SOON. They look pretty solid.

Whole other thread on those. But they are.

Whole other thread on those. But they are.

Thanks, totally jumped the gun here when I saw these beauties on their site. Ripping through another thread at this time. Look like a great blend to go in the bag with the rest of the Tour Preferred line.

Big thumbs up to Taylormade. Nice guy Albert in CS told me that he'd rather build me a whole new set instead of just replacing the 2. On top of that he said to keep the current set and hit them as much as I'd like as they didnt want me to be without the new sticks. Will exchange them when the new set comes in. Having me go to Golfsmith to avoid any shipping costs. I have been a long time TM user and this wil keep me coming back.

Perfect timing to. Just got a couple inches of snow last night.:banghead:

Big thumbs up to Taylormade. Nice guy Albert in CS told me that he'd rather build me a whole new set instead of just replacing the 2. On top of that he said to keep the current set and hit them as much as I'd like as they didnt want me to be without the new sticks. Will exchange them when the new set comes in. Having me go to Golfsmith to avoid any shipping costs. I have been a long time TM user and this wil keep me coming back.

Perfect timing to. Just got a couple inches of snow last night.:banghead:

I expect nothing less from Taylormade CS

Ordered mine today after reading this thread. After a slight friend discount, $100 in gift cards and what I got for selling my old irons I will be out the door in the $400 range. Gonna take a few days/weeks to get as I'm a lefty and I'm having them built 1/2" over standard and a extra wrap under the grips.

Can't wait for them to get here!!!

Congrats on the purchase. Make sure you let us know what you think when they arrive

Ordered mine today after reading this thread. After a slight friend discount, $100 in gift cards and what I got for selling my old irons I will be out the door in the $400 range. Gonna take a few days/weeks to get as I'm a lefty and I'm having them built 1/2" over standard and a extra wrap under the grips.

Can't wait for them to get here!!!

Looking forward to your thoughts. My game has improved due in part to these irons.

People who has been using these, do you consider them high launching? I used to have a low trajectory with my irons, but now I'm getting a very high arc with my Cobra ACP's & KBS Tour. I like it high, but the optimal would be that I find irons that would have similar hight as my current set.

People who has been using these, do you consider them high launching? I used to have a low trajectory with my irons, but now I'm getting a very high arc with my Cobra ACP's & KBS Tour. I like it high, but the optimal would be that I find irons that would have similar hight as my current set.

I've found them to be high launching off the tee. I used to struggle getting the ball up in the air, but these get up in the air quickly. Off the deck, I still struggle getting a high flight from the 3/4 most of the time, but from 5-PW, I feel like they launch really well. High, but a good kind of high. Saw it from both the stock Tours and Tour 90.

I have mine paired with C-Tapers and have no issues with ball flight. I can flight them up and down.

Thanks guys, I was thinking about the Tour 90's, but with my current swing suppose the Tour would be better.

Thanks guys, I was thinking about the Tour 90's, but with my current swing suppose the Tour would be better.

Maybe the CTL's would be a good compromise? I wish I had that option when we got our sets. I think they offer it now.

Just a note on the customer service mentioned on this page, you guys are so lucky to have decent service! Have had a couple of recent episodes and it has just been rubbish, puma I am talking to you!

I overhauled my bag a couple months ago, went with the RBLadez Tour 3-6, Tour Preferred 7-9. I'm dumping the RBladez now for Tour Preferred 3/4 in CB and 5/6 in MC. Wanting all the forgiveness off the tee with the longest irons as well as long approaches for par 5s. Got all my irons +1" and 1* upright and regripped myself with Midsize Lamkin iLine's.

After registering the 7-9 irons a couple months ago, I received a nice little package from TMAG with a couple sleeves of balls and a very nice ball Tour Preferred Ball Marker. I haven't had to use the concierge just yet, but love what I've read in their service via this thread!

Tour Preferred MCs got a win this weekend. By a non staffer nonetheless.

Ordered on Wednesday AM thru the custom department at Taylormade (1/2" over standard and a extra wrap of tape under the grip), In my hands at 1:00 on Friday :clapp:

Good Job Taylormade!!!!!!!!

The MCs are getting a good advertisement with Kaymer this weekend.

I have played the 300 Forged Lehman grinds for a few years. Decided it was time for some new irons. I went to our local Nevada Bob's to get fit. First was the shaft, and ended up with the KBS Tours, 120g, stiff flex hard stepped once. Moved on to the heads...decided between the AP2s, Apex Pros, TP MCs and Mizuno JPX. In the end, it was the MC that won out. Distance was about the same for all of them (avg 195 carry with 7i), but matched with the KBS, the MCs just flat out performed better for me. Looked better at address, felt solid. I wanted to like the Apex Tours, but couldn't get past the sound (very "clicky" to me).

So, I have the MCs, 3-PW, on the way. KBS Tours, 1/2" extended and 3* upright. Can't wait to get these on the course and give them a full work out. I'll be sure to post my thoughts when I do.

I have played the 300 Forged Lehman grinds for a few years. Decided it was time for some new irons. I went to our local Nevada Bob's to get fit. First was the shaft, and ended up with the KBS Tours, 120g, stiff flex hard stepped once. Moved on to the heads...decided between the AP2s, Apex Pros, TP MCs and Mizuno JPX. In the end, it was the MC that won out. Distance was about the same for all of them (avg 195 carry with 7i), but matched with the KBS, the MCs just flat out performed better for me. Looked better at address, felt solid. I wanted to like the Apex Tours, but couldn't get past the sound (very "clicky" to me).

So, I have the MCs, 3-PW, on the way. KBS Tours, 1/2" extended and 3* upright. Can't wait to get these on the course and give them a full work out. I'll be sure to post my thoughts when I do.

You mush have a deliberate swing. 195 carry with the 7 Iron and your in a hard stepped KBS stiff? Im impressed. With those numbers I would have though you would have been straight X, maybe even hard stepped.

I was thinking X stiff too, but the numbers were there. Last summer I was fitted for a driver...R1 with stiff shaft, driver swing was 91 mph.

Since then, I have really worked on my overall fitness and flexibility. Also purchased the Orange Whip to work on lag and timing. The swing speed for my 7 iron was 91 mph...I will say, not sure if those numbers were right. This was Trackman, indoors, perfect conditions.

I am 6'3", around 200 lbs and longer arms so I have a pretty big swing arc...my biggest problem is syncing up the body and arms these days!!

I was thinking X stiff too, but the numbers were there. Last summer I was fitted for a driver...R1 with stiff shaft, driver swing was 91 mph.

Since then, I have really worked on my overall fitness and flexibility. Also purchased the Orange Whip to work on lag and timing. The swing speed for my 7 iron was 91 mph...I will say, not sure if those numbers were right. This was Trackman, indoors, perfect conditions.

I am 6'3", around 200 lbs and longer arms so I have a pretty big swing arc...my biggest problem is syncing up the body and arms these days!!

Wait...your 7i swing and your driver swing have the same speed? Something isn't right with those numbers...

Just a guess though

Taylormade Tour Preferred MC Iron Review Thread

Wait...your 7i swing and your driver swing have the same speed? Something isn't right with those numbers...

Just a guess though

I would tend to agree with you, but I have a a good solid year of focus on my fitness, timing, and trunk rotation since my driver fitting. I wouldn't think I would gain THAT much speed. No doubt, given how I had been playing before, the numbers were pretty unexpected for sure. Haven't done any numbers work with the driver since I was fitted last year.

Last edited:
Back