Arnie: Three-part documentary on Golf Channel

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
http://www.golfchannel.com/tv/arnie
Golf Channel's Arnie, The Definitive Film Covering The Life And Legacy Of Arnold Palmer
Arnie will explore the life and times of Arnold Palmer, the golf hero who revolutionized and transcended the game to become one of the fiercest competitors and most beloved figures in sports history.
Arnie, a Golf Channel documentary film, captures the definitive retrospective on the life and impact of Arnold Palmer. Premieres April 13 at 10PM ET
arnie2_610.jpg

Cool, I'll be dvr'ing this.

Definitely going to record this one.

I definitely want to see this, I'll have to remember to set the dvr once it gets closer.

I'll have to look for this. Seems like a great documentary

Reminder is set to set the DVR to record this. Can't wait.

Thanks for the heads up, will be watching this for sure.

Just set the DVR.

Setting the DVR Monday after I get the new Direct TV installed but I'll be watching the first installment for sure.

Yep I will be recording this one for sure! Arnie is one of my heros from back in the day.

Yep I will be recording this one for sure! Arnie is one of my heros from back in the day.

I'm with you OG, I'm crazy excited about this. I love Arnie, dude just oozed awesome.

I'm with you OG, I'm crazy excited about this. I love Arnie, dude just oozed awesome.

And still does. :thumb: The work he does off the golf course with his affiliation with the hospitals and such is second to none. First class stuff.

Part one was phenomenal.

Excited about the next two, I really am.

Very well done indeed!

JM

Crap. I forgot to set the PVR for this one.

Crap. I forgot to set the PVR for this one.

I think GolfChannel is replaying the previous episodes before the next one plays over the next 2 days.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Great show so far. I wasn't young enough to see much of Arnie in his playing days. I have always known about his kindness and respect for others. The footage they have here is great. A few highlights:

1. Arnie has a shed full of old clubs, shoes, etc. in Latrobe. It also holds every fan letter he has ever received. If people write to him, he writes back. People often forget to include return postage, so Arnie pays it all out of pocket. It is an expense of six figures per year.

2. He met Winnie on a Tuesday and proposed to her on that Saturday.

3. Arnie's first endorsement deal was with Wilson. When he went to discuss a new deal, the head of Wilson basically said he wasn't interested, and cut Arnie loose. Probably the best thing that ever happened to Arnie from a business standpoint.

Like I said, a lot of great footage. I think what attracted people to Arnie, aside from his kindness and blue collar background, was his swing. He had a way of putting everything, his heart, soul and courage, into each swing. I am not sure I have seen anyone else with such an expressive swing. For instance, one of his characteristics as a player was that he was fearless and aggressive. I don't think you would have to watch him play more than a few shots to figure that out, because that sort of attitude is somehow embedded in his swing.

I think GolfChannel is replaying the previous episodes before the next one plays over the next 2 days.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I'm sure they are! Golf Channel repeats everything a dozen times.

Missed last night, but it's recorded. I'll probably watch after all three are aired and just make a mini marathon of them.

Forgot to watch part one. Like others have said, should be easy to catch again. Wish the golf channel would have more documentaries like this and covered the history of the game more.

Really excellent. I was actually a little surprised that Golf Channel managed to pull off something of this kind of quality - even my girlfriend enjoyed it. She says that Arnie is "the cutest person [she's] ever seen" hahaha. Looking forward to part 2.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I can't wait to watch the whole thing, I only saw the first few bits of the show, but it rocked!!!

I am kind of shocked at how little attention this thread is getting.

Absolutely loved part one last night. Couple parts had me a little misty, I can't wait for the second part tonight

I had intended to watch but completely forgot about it. Will check to see if it is available on On Demand this evening.

Back