TaylorMade SLDR S Driver & Metal Woods

New irons too?

Yes, SLDR irons.

I figured the crown would look similar to the Mini. Noticed the S on on the Mini Driver sole. The new irons interest me if that's true. And if they fill that small gap between the Speedblades and the TP CB's, then I am all ears!

Sounds like 2011 when the R11 irons came out. The TP CBs from that year were quickly discontinued, wonder if the same happens this year.

Sounds like 2011 when the R11 irons came out. The TP CBs from that year were quickly discontinued, wonder if the same happens this year.

That was my thought as well

New Irons!!! Hmm, might have another thought for the long irons

Is there any indication yet that the new driver will have more lateral forgiveness?

I'm a bit confused by all of this. At a TaylorMade Demo day two weeks ago, the rep there confirmed that they were bringing out the SLDR S, but that it would be like the Phrankenwood that Phil plays from Callaway. That's really not a driver, but a souped up 3-wood. Was he confused with the mini? Are we really looking at a whole new line?

Is there any indication yet that the new driver will have more lateral forgiveness?

I have heard that it is a modifed Jetspeed head so i would guess there will be more lateral forgiveness

People expect it now. It has got to hurt sales to not have it in there right?
I would certainly be surprised if it's not there on any club, it's almost become par for the course with equipment.

I'm a bit confused by all of this. At a TaylorMade Demo day two weeks ago, the rep there confirmed that they were bringing out the SLDR S, but that it would be like the Phrankenwood that Phil plays from Callaway. That's really not a driver, but a souped up 3-wood. Was he confused with the mini? Are we really looking at a whole new line?

The only part of the S line released is th Mini driver the rest of the line will be released later this year as a possiable replacement for the Jetspeed but i am not 100% on that i could just be an additional line
The Rep at the demo day might not know or be able to say

Seen a picture of the driver and it bascially just looks the like Mini Driver sept bigger.

Seen a picture of the driver and it bascially just looks the like Mini Driver sept bigger.

Isn't a bigger mini driver a JetSpeed?

Also, I do want to applaud TaylorMade for managing to release so many new models of the club they're sticking with for 2014. When they said the SLDR was going to be their marquee release through 2014, I thought it meant they would have fewer releases. What a fool I am.

Yeah I guess you can say that, but I am saying the paint scheme and looks look just like the Mini Driver.

Also, I do want to applaud TaylorMade for managing to release so many new models of the club they're sticking with for 2014. When they said the SLDR was going to be their marquee release through 2014, I thought it meant they would have fewer releases. What a fool I am.

What if the SLDR driver we have now is the soup to nuts driver with the adjustability and better player scoped design? Is there a problem with expanding the line to cover a broader market?

What if the SLDR driver we have now is the soup to nuts driver with the adjustability and better player scoped design? Is there a problem with expanding the line to cover a broader market?

Not at all. To me it says that missed the mark with the JetSpeed, not the SLDR

Not at all. To me it says that missed the mark with the JetSpeed, not the SLDR

I disagree. I am not privy to what goes on behind closed doors. But a new release doesn't mean that a company "missed" on anything.

I disagree. I am not privy to what goes on behind closed doors. But a new release doesn't mean that a company "missed" on anything.

The JetSpeed being discontinued already speaks for itself.

This driver is replacing the JetSpeed

I just love choices. Keep releasing things and I'll keep tinkering until I find what I like. As well as I've hit the SLDR 3W, I'd love to give this line a go.

The JetSpeed being discontinued already speaks for itself.

This driver is replacing the JetSpeed

So...Taylormade releases the Jetspeed and then quickly engineers and designs the SLDR S? Do you think the same thing when any OEM releases equipment like this?

I don't think I've seen any driver/fw/hybo generation get less run than the Jetspeed. Just no hype, no talked about performance, and nobody who loves it. I blame the name.

So...Taylormade releases the Jetspeed and then quickly engineers and designs the SLDR S? Do you think the same thing when any OEM releases equipment like this?

Yup, I've just never seen a driver discontinued so quickly

And don't try to peg me as some TaylorMade basher. I played TaylorMade drivers from 2001 to 2012 and their irons from 2002 through 2013. Love their stuff, but I feel like they missed the mark with the JetSpeed.

I have two friends that work in the retail industry and they both have said the JetSpeed sales have been dreadful

I don't think I've seen any driver/fw/hybo generation get less run than the Jetspeed. Just no hype, no talked about performance, and nobody who loves it. I blame the name.

And that huge speed police campaign lasted all of 3 weeks. Crazy.

And don't try to peg me as some TaylorMade basher. I played TaylorMade drivers from 2001 to 2012 and their irons from 2002 through 2013. Love their stuff, but I feel like they missed the mark with the JetSpeed.

I have two friends that work in the retail industry and they both have said the JetSpeed sales have been dreadful

I'm not pegging you for a Taylormade basher. I promise.

I don't care about the sales of the Jetspeed. I just have an issue with your hearsay based timeline.

I'm not pegging you for a Taylormade basher. I promise.

I don't care about the sales of the Jetspeed. I just have an issue with your hearsay based timeline.

Then do you have a problem with this entire thread? Because it's pretty much hearsay, right? Just throwing it out there. Heck, any upcoming clubs that we talk about on here are based on hearsay until the companies put out press releases.

Then do you have a problem with this entire thread? Because it's pretty much hearsay, right? Just throwing it out there. Heck, any upcoming clubs that we talk about on here are based on hearsay until the companies put out press releases.

No. Hearsay about what's coming out is one thing. I like it better when it comes from JB, hawk, or Prof Miles.

I have an issues saying that the sldr s is a reaction to the Jetspeed not selling well. It's the kind of nonsense I would get skewered or posting.

We still don't know if the JetSpeed is being discontinued it might be TM capitalizing on the success of the SLDR name and pushing a product forward how they did last fall with the initial release of the SLDR.

If the discount the Jetspeed's and bring this in as a "more forgiving SLDR" would that work ?

They have quietly been releasing a bonded Driver late in the year for the past few years too so maybe they are expanding on that idea

I heard about the potential of these woods and the irons about a month ago but kept quiet thinking there might be an embargo and not wanting to upset the powers that be but since they some started posting i figure i would share what i know but until there is a press release think can change

Back