Cobra Bio Cell Irons Review Thread

Honestly, now knowing how small they are I wont bother. If they were about the equivalent of the i25's then id say okay, but that small.. im good. Almost the entire bag just changed.

Honestly, now knowing how small they are I wont bother. If they were about the equivalent of the i25's then id say okay, but that small.. im good. Almost the entire bag just changed.

The regular Bio's are closer to the i25's. I'll get you some 6i to 6i pic's tonight.

No need sir as I have both. More offset and slightly larger, but id rather go that way instead of goijg back to the smallest of small. Ive found out that bigger isnt always bad.

It's been forever since I've even seen an R11, but from memory they were similar to the AP1's I play. Maybe a little more offset. I can't say that I skipped a beat visually going from the AP1's to the Bio Cells.

I was talking about Bio Cell to Bio Cell+ over the weekend.

They aren't that small.

ACP on left, Bio Cell + on right. Sole on the BCP is clearly larger. Topline on BCP looks smaller because it's not as square as the ACP.
035.jpg

Here is the i25 and the ACP. i25 and Bio Cell + look pretty darn close to me.
036.jpg

On my way to Golf Galaxy now. Will have comparison shots and measurements of each in a bit.

I was talking about Bio Cell to Bio Cell+ over the weekend.

No, I didn't even bother hitting both of them having seen them. I know they've got some forgiveness built into the +, but I wouldn't really want to give up anything if I was choosing between the two I guess. Not for visual appeal. Again though - that's just me.

I mean, I fired off a 92 at Waterlefe with the more forgiving version. Why would I want to decrease any potential help I could get? Ha!

I played better with the + version but only by a couple strokes. The shaft was a better fit for me as well. I just don't see a whole lot of difference between the two sets other than the offset. I am having a tougher time with the decision but will get to use the Bio Cell 6 iron for a few weeks before I make that call. I went more forgiving last year and was rewarded.

I played better with the + version but only by a couple strokes. The shaft was a better fit for me as well. I just don't see a whole lot of difference between the two sets other than the offset. I am having a tougher time with the decision but will get to use the Bio Cell 6 iron for a few weeks before I make that call. I went more forgiving last year and was rewarded.

Bio and CTL or graphite has me salivating.

Bio and CTL or graphite has me salivating.

Me as well. I like the CTL I have in my Tour Trusty. Fits me much better as far as weight goes than the Tours ever did. The Matrix Programs or new Kuro Kage offering would be the bees knees.

The ctl fit me pretty well for steel, but as howzat said some mateix programs would definitely better suit my game apposed to the stock steel.

Me as well. I like the CTL I have in my Tour Trusty. Fits me much better as far as weight goes than the Tours ever did. The Matrix Programs or new Kuro Kage offering would be the bees knees.

Ohhhhhh Programs.

**DROOL**

I am a pain in the a$$ I know, but I thought the stock shafts were pretty good lol. I'll leave now!

I am a pain in the a$$ I know, but I thought the stock shafts were pretty good lol. I'll leave now!

Not a pain at all, I just am not liking them at all from the 6i I have here. Need to hit the full set though.

My main thing is I know the CTL's fit me, but I know more than anything I want to move to graphite anyways. Vibration dampening FTW for my crappy wrists.

They werent bad by no means. Better than some ive tried, I just have hit the ctl's and programs and they suited my game a little better.

That's because you failed to hit the +'s with the Programs. Hehe. I will have a stock shaft in the bag this year, but likely not in the irons.

Nah, I get it guys. They were just similar to what I'd play anyway.

Im a big fan of the stocks in these, very good offering for these heads.

The JPX's almost got removed out of the bag this weekend. Some of the bio cell auctions on ebay are priced at a point that makes it very tough to ignore. I love my JPX's.......but if the rest of the bio cell irons are as good as the 6i I have been testing, the JPX's are in danger.

this is my exact thoughts as well..

Hoping the CTLs are an option

Not sure I like the Dynalite 85s. I was talking to my captain just now and he said to go with whatever we feel comfortable with and fits us best not only for the Morgan Cup, but beyond. I also just got done hitting the regulars and the plus head to head with an x100 shaft and I was startled. I've never played anything that stiff and was hitting these monster draws with it. I'd post pictures of the regulars, i25 and plus as well as my numbers and dispersion, but it would add nothing to the conversation. Both the plus and the regular bio cells are nice clubs. There's about a half a club to a club difference in carry and less back spin with the regulars. They look about the same at address. Plus is thinner, but not to the point where you freak out. Definitely thinking combo set of regulars and plus. Maybe even ACP in the scoring irons. Don't like my 8,9 and Wedges sounding clicky. Something about forged...

Holy crap that would be an interesting bag.
So im liking the regular choice thus far. What shafts were you hitting in the +'s? Did tou get a chance to hit multiple irons or just the 6 or 7i?

How often are you working a scoring iron? I don't get the clicky thing either dude.

Back