Cleveland 588 Altitude Irons

mustangdrums

Reaction score
Handicap
While reading reviews last year for these irons, I promised myself I would think about buying them when they come down in price. Looks like they can be had new for around 300 bucks now. Might be the time. Anyone been gaming these that can give some input on how they like them? Thanks so much for any info.

Do it!

Thanks guys for the link and info. I use regular flex steel shafts well in my current irons(G15s). Have used graphite iron shafts in the past but didn't like them as well. Would steel regulars be a good choice for the Altitudes as well?

I finally bought the Altitudes with the stock graphite regular shafts. I was able to hit some HB3s with the same shaft and hit the heck out of them. Should arrive next week. Can't wait. Thanks.

Congrats

Randomly started thinking about these irons yesterday on a drive home. Probably partially due to the resurrection of this thread but mostly due to me thinking about the times I have hit these. While I've never played them on the course I've hit them probably on 5 different occasions on the range. And if I've hit 100 balls with them I'm certain I can count on 2 hands how many bad shots I hit with them. Wish I could say the same about other offerings. And some of those attempts were my purposely trying to put bad swings on them.
As someone that doesn't have a ton of success with hybrids I thought there would be no way I could hit these consistently but that hasn't been the case at all.

And I've hit them way better than the MT on a few occasions.

Might have to try them on the course someday methinks

Randomly started thinking about these irons yesterday on a drive home. Probably partially due to the resurrection of this thread but mostly due to me thinking about the times I have hit these. While I've never played them on the course I've hit them probably on 5 different occasions on the range. And if I've hit 100 balls with them I'm certain I can count on 2 hands how many bad shots I hit with them. Wish I could say the same about other offerings. And some of those attempts were my purposely trying to put bad swings on them.
As someone that doesn't have a ton of success with hybrids I thought there would be no way I could hit these consistently but that hasn't been the case at all.

And I've hit them way better than the MT on a few occasions.

Might have to try them on the course someday methinks

You owe it to yourself man.

I finally bought the Altitudes with the stock graphite regular shafts. I was able to hit some HB3s with the same shaft and hit the heck out of them. Should arrive next week. Can't wait. Thanks.

Congrats man! You're in for treat.

I bought these with regular graphite shafts. They sounded perfect for me but I can't hit them at all. I guess it is true that you shouldn't buy without trying. Putting them on eBay tomorrow and the G15s go back in the bag.

I bought these with regular graphite shafts. They sounded perfect for me but I can't hit them at all. I guess it is true that you shouldn't buy without trying. Putting them on eBay tomorrow and the G15s go back in the bag.

you may want to try the marketplace here, I know quite a few people have been pondering picking these up

I got out to play a couple of holes yesterday afternoon and just killed these irons. For me, the 4,5, and 6 are just money. Hit a green from 160 out and had to carry trees with the 5 iron yesterday at my home course, normally would have to hit a 7 or 9 wood to get over the trees or punch a 4 iron under neath them. Made birdie. If I stray from these irons again, I'm an idiot. P.S. The smart square putter is also awesome!

I got out to play a couple of holes yesterday afternoon and just killed these irons. For me, the 4,5, and 6 are just money. Hit a green from 160 out and had to carry trees with the 5 iron yesterday at my home course, normally would have to hit a 7 or 9 wood to get over the trees or punch a 4 iron under neath them. Made birdie. If I stray from these irons again, I'm an idiot. P.S. The smart square putter is also awesome!

I think the 4i would be fun to have in my bag :bomb:

I'm glad your liking the setup.

Now all you need is the C smart sole and we can admit you in the club.

I think the 4i would be fun to have in my bag :bomb:

Just so much more consistent for me than a conventional 4 iron. I would say I was at about 25% greens hit with the conventional 4 iron and now I'm about 50% with 4 hyron.

Back