Different Cobra Amp Cell irons...

PAGolfGal

Reaction score
The other day I noticed that my Amp Cell irons are: Amp Cell-S irons, not Amp Cell. I have researched over the internet (even Cobra's website) and cannot find out what the difference is between them. I don't think the "S" indicates steel, as Dick's Sporting Good's website states the women's Amp Cell-S are graphite (but also says the Men's Amp Cell-S irons are steel).

Just curious. :bulgy-eyes:
Any insight would be appreciated and thank you in advance! :)

Different Cobra Amp Cell irons...

Same as the Amp-d irons. They are using uniflex shafts and cheaper components. I have the answer from them on twitter somewhere from last year.

Same as the Amp-d irons. They are using uniflex shafts and cheaper components. I have the answer from them on twitter somewhere from last year.

Well that kind of sucks that I bought $499 irons (I thought on sale at Dick's?) with cheaper components. :(
They even came with Lamkin grips (which I love, BTW). :)

I did find/read the Amp Cell-d thread on THP (which I saw that you commented on also): http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?43445-Cobra-AMP-D-Irons

Thanks a bunch X! :)

Well that kind of sucks that I bought $499 irons (I thought on sale at Dick's?) with cheaper components. :(
They even came with Lamkin grips (which I love, BTW). :)

Just remember "cheaper" does not equate to inferior. Just less expensive at the time of shipping. In the end it's all about how you hit them really =).

In reality, most of the componets in every golf club couldn't get all that much cheaper. Don't sweat it.

I do think that the communication aspect of sets like this (many companies do it, not only for irons) is pretty weak.

I've seen these irons at academy sports. They look really good.
I also noticed taylormade has an iron called rocketbladez hl irons. They do not have the slot in the bottom of the iron.

Just remember "cheaper" does not equate to inferior. Just less expensive at the time of shipping. In the end it's all about how you hit them really =).

Absolutely agree! My first set of clubs was a 13-piece boxed set from Top Flight for $300 and they did just fine. But, now they are retired to being my backup clubs. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other day I noticed that my Amp Cell irons are: Amp Cell-S irons, not Amp Cell. I have researched over the internet (even Cobra's website) and cannot find out what the difference is between them. I don't think the "S" indicates steel, as Dick's Sporting Good's website states the women's Amp Cell-S are graphite (but also says the Men's Amp Cell-S irons are steel).

Just curious. :bulgy-eyes:
Any insight would be appreciated and thank you in advance! :)

So...how do you like these Irons? The steel shafted set is $199 at RBG and I'm trying to find a good, forgiving, value set of name-brand clubs for my brother who is wanting to play more. Can hardly go wrong for that price, but like you, I am finding limited information and reviews about this "-S" set. Probably would be just fine for him, but I just want to hear what people think who have used them.

I have recently purchased these clubs from RBG.
Seem quite nice to me. I have not had them out on my course yet, only in the simulator.
They have a TT uniflex steel shaft that seems a touch too stiff for my swing speed.
Feel is nice, swing weight is fine, just too stiff for me.
My driver ss is 85 on bad day and 95 on a good day. I am 67 years old.

your results may vary

Once you get them out, let us know how they work for you.

I am actually pondering these as well for a back up set so I would be interested in knowing how they perform for you.

Finally back to report on these irons.
Have about 25 rounds on them {I am retired so golf 3 to 5 times a week).
Went from Ping g10's with soft graphite shafts to these.
GHIN has dropped over 3 points already.
Love the soft feel and the higher ball flight, less dispersion and quite forgiving.
These are staying in the bag.

Zombie thread!!

I got these as an early Father's Day gift last night. Took them to the range on my lunch break today. So far I'm pretty impressed, especially for the price these can be found at.

Early impressions are that these are a solid club for a really good price. The uniflex shaft is probably not ideal, however...I don't know that they'll hurt a whole lot.

It looks like these are going to give me about a club better distance across the board, which is nice. They certainly get the ball up in the air, especially with the higher lofted clubs. 4 and 5 irons are a little bit harder to hit than I would like, but when I catch them right they go, and they launch pretty well too.

I'm going to try to get them out on the course today or tomorrow and see how they perform in the real world.

Zombie thread!!

I got these as an early Father's Day gift last night. Took them to the range on my lunch break today. So far I'm pretty impressed, especially for the price these can be found at.

Early impressions are that these are a solid club for a really good price. The uniflex shaft is probably not ideal, however...I don't know that they'll hurt a whole lot.

It looks like these are going to give me about a club better distance across the board, which is nice. They certainly get the ball up in the air, especially with the higher lofted clubs. 4 and 5 irons are a little bit harder to hit than I would like, but when I catch them right they go, and they launch pretty well too.

I'm going to try to get them out on the course today or tomorrow and see how they perform in the real world.

Hopefully they work for you! Will be interested to hear your thoughts on them once you have some time with them.

Back