Bushnell NEO-XS GPS Rangefinder Watch - THP Preview

Haha,..

Dude I started wearing a sports watch two days ago to prep myself.

I'm a dork

Haha. Nice. It's starting to get a little noticeable now but still not really uncomfortable. I am sure I will be able to wear it for a round and it will be fine. Eventually I may just never take it off.

I may need to wrestle my new ego from Youngbuck. He took it out today for a trip around. All he said was its easy, and accurate. According to his calculations it's within a couple yards. Thank god I hid the power cord, so eventually he'll have to give in, and give it back.

Haha. Nice Kevin. I have been messing with it for awhile and it's super easy to setup and I am sure it's just as easy on the course.

Haha that youngin is smooth! Glad to hear he likes it.

I'm a dork

no comment, just kidding i do similar things

Haha. Nice. It's starting to get a little noticeable now but still not really uncomfortable. I am sure I will be able to wear it for a round and it will be fine. Eventually I may just never take it off.

I may need to wrestle my new ego from Youngbuck. He took it out today for a trip around. All he said was its easy, and accurate. According to his calculations it's within a couple yards. Thank god I hid the power cord, so eventually he'll have to give in, and give it back.

Haha that youngin is smooth! Glad to hear he likes it.

Glad to see everyone is experiencing the same as me. The ease of use is where it shines and i have started to test it while on the green walking to what i consider as the center of the green and seeing what the watch says and every time it gets down to 2-4 yards.

Last two rounds i have been a bit closer to the pin than i was end of last year using my APP on my iphone. Part of that is also due to telling myself "you don't hit it pure but maybe 30% of the time" so i am pulling the club that if pureed is back third of the green. If pin is very front of green on a long green running away from me, i then pull the club for a pure shot to middle of the green.

It's a heck of a lot more accurate than me pacing off from a sprinkler head. If you can find one with a yardage on it

There's only one downside to the watch. Your playing partners keep asking you to come over and give them a distance for their ball. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There's only one downside to the watch. Your playing partners keep asking you to come over and give them a distance for their ball. :)

I just wouldn't bother telling them it was a GPS lol.

Mine arrived yesterday. I probably won't get a chance to take it to the course for a few days since we're traveling to visit family this weekend but here are a couple of initial thoughts:

Fit is good and it's lighter than I expected. It is fairly bulky by watch standards but my normal watch is largish too and, hey, it's not just a watch. :) It's very light so I don't see size or weight being a factor. My hands/wrists are on the large side so I was worried that it might be too tight but no problems there.

The white-on-black display is much darker than I expected while indoors and is difficult to read at a glance. There is a backlight (top right button) which helps somewhat but this probably rules it out as a daily-use watch for me. The FAQ for the Neo XS (http://www.bushnellgolf.com/downloads/neoxs-watch-FAQs.pdf) says that the model I have (368550) uses a polarized filter which makes it easier to read outdoors. When I wear it outside, the display is indeed much crisper and perfectly readable.

I also tried it with my polarized sunglasses on to see what effect they had because sometimes mixing two polarized lenses can block light completely -- anyone else do this experiment in a science class? The only angle I found where the watch was not readable with my sunglasses on was when the display was oriented with the numbers going bottom to top, such as when your arm is pointing up to the sky. This is obviously not a position where I would be trying to read the watch so I don't think this will be a factor.

I do suggest that if anyone else has this watch and also uses polarized sunglasses on the course that you do this same test with your watch because the polarization "angle" of your sunglasses may be different from mine and produce a different result. There are other models which don't have the polarized lens in them.

Hope this helps. I'll post more thoughts when I try them on the course.

Today is the day! I will be putting this through its paces today and seeing how well it will work for me. I am pretty sure I will be happy with the results.

Today is the day! I will be putting this through its paces today and seeing how well it will work for me. I am pretty sure I will be happy with the results.
Looking forward to your thoughts on this one dude, cant wait to test mine out.

Exactly what happens! :banghead:

Has anyone done a side by side comparison with the Garmin Approach S2 and can comment on the pro and cons of this device vs it?

Mine arrived earlier today! It's sitting charging now and hopefully I get to test it out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well I was so excited to get the XS out and on the course today. Got ready and grabbed some essentials for the round and out the door. Was running a bit behind and so was rushing a bit to get to the course. No problem as I has the XS setup to start using the tee time feature.

Get to the course and get things ready and look down to see what time it was...no watch. Crap! So the testing will have to wait until tomorrow or Monday. Haha. I was so excited to use it today and can't believe I left it at home.

Well I was so excited to get the XS out and on the course today. Got ready and grabbed some essentials for the round and out the door. Was running a bit behind and so was rushing a bit to get to the course. No problem as I has the XS setup to start using the tee time feature.

Get to the course and get things ready and look down to see what time it was...no watch. Crap! So the testing will have to wait until tomorrow or Monday. Haha. I was so excited to use it today and can't believe I left it at home.

Dude.... Really?

Bushnell NEO-XS GPS Rangefinder Watch - THP Preview

Dude.... Really?

Really.

I was so mad. But I haven't worn a watch in many years so it wasn't weird I didn't have a watch on.

One word GD....smooth

One word GD....smooth

Haha. I get so distracted every time I have to leave the house before a round of golf. I need to work on that.

Got home to mine waiting for me today and got out to play 9.
The watch is super easy to set up and use, it is pretty intuitive for anyone to use. The directions were quite clear and easy to understand. The watch came with a charging cable and a tiny brush to clean the contacts for charging.

I compared the watch size to my ECO drive and the face size is very similar and only slightly thicker. The band is very nice, it is soft, fits comfortably. The white watch is easy to read with its black writing even with my polarized sunglasses.

My home course has 3 9hole setups with different names and each 9 showed up. Picking the correct 9 was simple and it went to the 1st tee box super fast once the course was chosen.

Accuracy was fantastic and so simple to check for fairway bunker, End of Fairway, creek crossings, and pond lay up and carry yardages. Having distances to front center and back was awesome since my home course uses a second flag on the flagstick to indicate where the pin is. I never had a doubt of what club was the right club to get me in the area of the green.

Well I snuck out for 18 tonight and I remembered my watch! Woohoo!

I love this thing. It is quite accurate and so easy to use. I'll have to go back through the manual to read all the hazard shortcuts again but the front middle and back were so nice to have at just a quick glance. The course I played tonight has a lot of tee boxes right near the green of the previous hole so a couple of times I had to manually advance it but that wasn't a big deal at all.

The screen was always able to be read no matter where the sun was, I have the black version, and it was simple to switch between all the different screens. I am very happy with this and I feel it will really help my game. I don't even notice its on there while I am playing until I need a yardage. Best device I have bought in a long long time.

I told you!!!! :alien:

I told you!!!! :alien:

You were right. Such a great little watch. Now I just have to remember to bring every time I golf. Haha

What the difference between the new X and the Neo XS?

Back