2014 TaylorMade Tour Preferred Wedge Preview

As Mward mentioned, we only had a few minutes with these wedges at the Tour Preferred iron testing. But, both wedges were impressive. I, also, am looking forward to more time with these once they are available.

The shape is great, the weight of the shaft/head combo is very well balanced. Like my wedges a little head heavy and these fit that well. Only able to hit them inside though, but first impressions were great.

I got the 50, 54 and 58 degree standard sole options in today. They frame the ball better then I remember and with some limited time with the 58* inside I am stoked to get these out this weekend.

I got the 50, 54 and 58 degree standard sole options in today. They frame the ball better then I remember and with some limited time with the 58* inside I am stoked to get these out this weekend.

I'm leaning toward this setup, but may go for the ATV in the 58. Looking forward to your feedback. I loved the look of these wedges.

Mine are currently in Orlando, will be here tomorrow. I'll update the thread with pics when they come in, but not from my phone where tapatalk will butcher them

I have the 56* & 60* sitting at home in NY. I head back after visiting my parents today. Hope to get them out tomorrow...looking forward to it.

Got my 50 in today. The 54 and 58 might be in low supply and backordered a bit, or I have an evil teammate who happened to get the last one of each. Jerkface :/ I can't WAIT to get these out tomorrow evening. Just holding the 50, it feels heavy in the head and very solid in hand. Exactly what I want in my wedges.

CIMG2957.jpg

CIMG2956.jpg

CIMG2954.jpg

CIMG2955.jpg

That's a mighty fine looking wedge right there partner. Too bad Fu got your other two. ;)

That's a mighty fine looking wedge right there partner. Too bad Fu got your other two. ;)

Right? Who does that? Obviously V.man>Fupresti

Man they look great.. they will be in my bag this summer at some point.

Just saw these at Golfsmith and I really liked what I saw. The bounce at 10 seems just right for the 58 degree. Really liked the weighting and how it felt in my hands as well

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

The groves on those wedges look meaty will get some spin When my Macdaddy's wear out i will be looking at these

The groves on those wedges look meaty will get some spin When my Macdaddy's wear out i will be looking at these

Right? They just look mean. I'm looking forward to the others when they get here, especially the 54. That seems like it'd be a great wedge for that 50-60yd pitch shot with a ton of spin.

Ward I look forward to hearing more about that 50. The TP AW has quickly become a favorite of mine for around the greens and for that 50-80 yard pitch shot.

Ward I look forward to hearing more about that 50. The TP AW has quickly become a favorite of mine for around the greens and for that 50-80 yard pitch shot.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough man. I'll be sure to bring one of the tour preferred and x ball with me, because I'm still torn on which I like more. They're both good, they just do different things around the green.

I am going to try these out today, I'm after a set of 50, 54, 58. I love my ATV wedges and I want the new TP wedges because of the grind.

Right? They just look mean. I'm looking forward to the others when they get here, especially the 54. That seems like it'd be a great wedge for that 50-60yd pitch shot with a ton of spin.

It will be interesting to see if they made the groves more aggressive on the higher lofted like the macdaddy's

It will be interesting to see if they made the groves more aggressive on the higher lofted like the macdaddy's

If I recall, I was getting a lot of spin on little pitch shots on both the 54 and 58 back in January. The problem is, they were brand new grooves and I only got about 10 minutes with each combined. I'll be sure to do a lot more than 10 minutes with them when they come in.

54* and 58* shots for Cap. Also, I went to have the lie angle adjusted and the tech commented these were the softest wedges he had ever bent.

54*
BiyCANal.jpg

DrTyTDml.jpg

6RdoxeUl.jpg

58*
bvGhzBIl.jpg

PoiYdW6l.jpg

mvPGkeKl.jpg

That's gonna frame the face so so well for around the green. All those little reminders are coming back

I got my 56* & 60* Tour Preferred wedges on Tuesday…though I was out of town through yesterday. I got them out on the course for 18 today and walk away pretty impressed. Full shots remind me of the Tour Preferred AW, very crisp off the face. And they do bite when it hits the green. Shots around the green are consistent with other offerings though I thought they had a lit more bite than the ATVs I have been playing. I [plan on taking them out again tomorrow for more work.

Wardy any more feedback on this wedge?

You're in for a treat with these Dean.

I hope so. Love me some wedges and from the little bit of time I spent with the 52 at TMPL, the more I wanted to take it home with me.

I hope so. Love me some wedges and from the little bit of time I spent with the 52 at TMPL, the more I wanted to take it home with me.

They are excellent. Heavy head. Soft feel. They inspire a lot of confidence while being workable. Definite home run.

Back