Honeymoon destination Nov 2014

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
UPDATE: Heading to Secrets Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Currently in the planning stages of our honeymoon, which will take place in Mid November 2014. My folks have been generous enough to gift us two weeks of RCI timeshare points that would pretty much cover the cost at any RCI resort of our choosing. My fiance` and I are leaning towards an all inclusive resort, which would use less points and we would cover the fees for the food/drink. Early on favorite is the Hard Rock Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.

Has anyone stayed there or another RCI property that you had a pleasant experience at? Only catch is that our destination has to be tropical, have to keep the future Mrs. happy, and preferably have a golf course near by. Going to try and sneak in a round or two that week. The potential Hard Rock has a Nicklaus course on site.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions.

Last edited:
Is there one in aruba? Aruba is freaking awesome

Currently in the planning stages of our honeymoon, which will take place in Mid November 2014. My folks have been generous enough to gift us two weeks of RCI timeshare points that would pretty much cover the cost at any RCI resort of our choosing. My fiance` and I are leaning towards an all inclusive resort, which would use less points and we would cover the fees for the food/drink. Early on favorite is the Hard Rock in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.

Has anyone stayed there or another RCI property that you had a pleasant experience at? Only catch is that our destination has to be tropical, have to keep the future Mrs. happy, and preferably have a golf course near by. Going to try and sneak in a round or two that week. The potential Hard Rock has a Nicklaus course on site.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions.

My fiancee and I are going to the Moon Palace in Cancun for our honeymoon in July through RCI as well. They've got a Nicklaus course there too. I know SkiBumGolfer's gf works in travel, he can probably give you lots of info on the tropics.

several, RCI is huge. Overwhelming amount of choices.

That's my vote. Very great beaches plenty to do and some amazing food

Is there one in aruba? Aruba is freaking awesome

That is my vote as well. We got married there and went back for our one year anniversary. Planning another trip there next year. Cant beat the beaches, plenty to do on the island. They have three golf courses on the island two are 9 holes the other is a 18 hole RTJ course.

Cant wait to see this sunset again
215582_566852562839_3518861_n.jpg

My wife and I LOVED our honeymoon in Costa Rica

My wife and I LOVED our honeymoon in Costa Rica

My friend was there for a week earlier this month and really enjoyed it.

That is my vote as well. We got married there and went back for our one year anniversary. Planning another trip there next year. Cant beat the beaches, plenty to do on the island. They have three golf courses on the island two are 9 holes the other is a 18 hole RTJ course.

Cant wait to see this sunset again
215582_566852562839_3518861_n.jpg

Great pic, looks like a great place. We will look into what is available there through RCI.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding Troy! All inclusive is the way to go. We went to St. Lucia (Sandals resort) for a week and had a great time. I left the clubs at home and glad I did so because we didn't stop with all the shore excursions and pool parties. We met 5 couples from all over the US and it was like honeymooners on spring break every afternoon until sundown. A pool with a swim up bar is a must at an all inclusive! ! Hehe. Good luck bro.

We did Cabo and it was awesome. Plenty if stuff to do & of course quality golf. Try looking into Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach

There's plenty of nice motels on Arlington expressway. You could save a ton. ;)

Just my 2 cents, but 2 weeks is a very long time in a developing country like Dominican Republic. Essentially, they have very nice resorts, and a bunch of not-so-nice stuff. Personally, I would get tired of spending every day at the resort. I have just found personally that living a Jimmy Buffett lifestyle is better in my imagination than in reality. I found that out on a 12 day trip to El Conquistador in Puerto Rico. It sure was nice, but I felt like I wanted to do something more, but was trapped. All of my best vacations included a change of pace. For instance, we did Disneyland for 4 days and then drove to Vegas for 4 days once. It was nearly perfect, and was a nice combination of relaxation and fun. Everybody is different, though.

Check out Anguilla as well. It's a little more secluded than the other islands, but great restaurants and gorgeous beaches. St. Maarten's is nearby as well, so you could check that out if you guys start getting ancy. St. John's is another good one; awesome snorkeling and you're able to get to a lot of the neighboring islands like Virgin Gorda that are really fun. I'm not sure if there are any all inclusive resorts on either of those islands though. Aruba is also a great island and Costa Rica is where my sister went for her honeymoon and loved it.

Honeymoon destination Nov 2014

Just my 2 cents, but 2 weeks is a very long time in a developing country like Dominican Republic. Essentially, they have very nice resorts, and a bunch of not-so-nice stuff. Personally, I would get tired of spending every day at the resort. I have just found personally that living a Jimmy Buffett lifestyle is better in my imagination than in reality. I found that out on a 12 day trip to El Conquistador in Puerto Rico. It sure was nice, but I felt like I wanted to do something more, but was trapped. All of my best vacations included a change of pace. For instance, we did Disneyland for 4 days and then drove to Vegas for 4 days once. It was nearly perfect, and was a nice combination of relaxation and fun. Everybody is different, though.

I agree, our vacation will only be 7 days max. Using two weeks worth of points if we want, some resorts 'cost' more points than others.

Great pic, looks like a great place. We will look into what is available there through RCI.

I think they have a few Divi properties one of which is Divi Links which is one of the 9 hole courses. I think they also have some at the Occidental which is the hotel we had our wedding at. Also I agree with the above wherever you decide make sure there is a swim up bar ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I'll say, and it may not be your cup of tea, but don't have an itinerary. Pick a nice place to go and just soak it in. Know what what you can do if you want to do them, but don't set a schedule. Find things to do when you feel like doing something. Our honeymoon was the first vacation I had had in five years, so some of the most enjoyable time I had was when I wasn't doing a damn thing.

I spent 10 days at the Hard Rock Punta Cana for a show I was doing back in January. Unfortunately I didn't have any time to hit the golf course but found that it was pretty darn expensive to play it. Around the $200 range if I remember correctly. The resort itself is pretty nice. Plenty of pools, beautiful beach, and plenty of food to be had.

My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon in September to Aruba.

We chose Aruba based on the insane amount of good reviews, pictures and hear say honestly. We are staying at the Divi Aruba.

I spent 10 days at the Hard Rock Punta Cana for a show I was doing back in January. Unfortunately I didn't have any time to hit the golf course but found that it was pretty darn expensive to play it. Around the $200 range if I remember correctly. The resort itself is pretty nice. Plenty of pools, beautiful beach, and plenty of food to be had.

How was the food? We have read some not so great things. What was your favorite restaurant there?

Golf is on the high side, but would only play once.

How was the food? We have read some not so great things. What was your favorite restaurant there?

Golf is on the high side, but would only play once.

My wife is from that part of the island, we visited last year. Yes Dominican Republic is beautiful and nice weather and full of golf. But bad part is the crime and hotel break in problem. As my wife is a local we were told tricks and also stories of foreigners who we not so lucky. One couple was murdered there a couple of weeks before, apparently there was a robbery and the husband tried to save them but not so lucky. I wouldn't suggest going if either are not a local. Things are getting worse all the time.

My wife is from that part of the island, we visited last year. Yes Dominican Republic is beautiful and nice weather and full of golf. But bad part is the crime and hotel break in problem. As my wife is a local we were told tricks and also stories of foreigners who we not so lucky. One couple was murdered there a couple of weeks before, apparently there was a robbery and the husband tried to save them but not so lucky. I wouldn't suggest going if either are not a local. Things are getting worse all the time.

That is terrible. One could say the same about any city in the US regarding crime, or any Caribbean island for that matter.

Only problem that is a common occurrence for "gringos" to the island. Part of the reason we are traveling elsewhere this year. And we go every year or twice a year. The economy has gone down like a mudslide in the past 3 years. Since I was married in '09 the Dominican Paso has lost .08 per American dollar. With an already low dollar it that much tougher.

Based on the poor dining reviews, we are excluding the Hard Rock in the Dominican from our search. Hopefully pick something within the next week or two.

Back