The Unusual/Weird Lie Thread

Being in a deep divot on a par 5 250 yards out. Sucks every time.

Anyplace that requires me to fade an iron

I hit my tee shot into a 3' drainage pipe that goes under a cart bridge about 130 out from the tee box. We all heard it clang around in there...came to rest about 8' under the bridge, in the pipe.

At the same course, the 11th hole has the course's signature feature; there is a silo on the left side of the green. My partner pulled his tee shot left, into the 12th fairway and about 130 out. He hit a pretty nice wedge for his second, which went into the silo on the fly (there's no roof on it). Again, we could hear the bing-bong-bong-bing of the ball bouncing its way down the sides. Funny.

Mine was in a small low spot near the green with a small creek below green and a giant Crayfish deciding he owned my ball

I've had a lot of really bad lies, hard to pick a worst. I want to say having the ball wedge just under the lip of the bunker in the sand. Had to just knock it out so it rolled down to the bottom of the bunker so I could hit it out.

I hate landing in the middle of the fairway and land the ball right in the middle of an unfixed divot. Makes me pretty angry.

This was a weird one!

Somehow my brothers ball came to rest right here on a slick downslope.
gamyvebu.jpg

Last Tuesday, after a hooked tee shot deep into the woods, I attempted to punch out toward the green and hit a small dead tree about 30 yards ahead of me which was marked for removal. We heard the ball hit but never saw it deflect or rebound from the tree. After we looked a while for the ball, I went back to the tree and noticed a hole in the bark, looked in the hole and there the ball was about two inches below the hole. The ball was embedded inside the rotten tree! I was able to extract it, take a drop for unplayable lie, punch out and "save" a double bogie.

This was from a few years ago. My approach into the green from about 130, and trying to carry the tree. We looked for a good 2-3 minutes and couldn't find it, until we looked up.

Badlie_zps73dded92.jpg

I was enjoying catching up on this thread until I read the cottonmouth story. I hate snakes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down in Hilton Head:
157D3A4A-DCE1-476E-BBA1-6F5BFA3843AD_zpsgrjq7pr2.jpg

And what I was looking at:
E673849C-AB24-4760-915D-28760D7E0A9E_zpslkkppsm2.jpg

And here's a funky one from last summer:
92ABB647-EEA3-4F68-9BFF-D9AA8AA0F2A8_zpsyn9ln9bx.jpg

The Unusual/Weird Lie Thread

zava8u8y.jpg

3a5e5a3a.jpg

uheryry2.jpg

I had this almost exact thing last summer. Flew a little peninsula type green. Water around 270 degrees of the green with a railroad tie wall around it. Ball stopped right on the wall... It was decent fringe grass between the wall and green so I was able to smack a putt back onto the green. Two putted from there for a bogey.

Several bunkers are under repair & not yet filled with sand. One such has the green side face cut fairly steeply. One playing partner flew dead into the center which is full of water. He gets a drop for ground under repair. Another partner hits a shot about a yard short of the green just over the same bunker. It checks up and comes to rest on a tuft of grass overhanging the bunker. A righty could probably get a club on it, but this guy is a left and had no chance.

Right in a deer track inside a bunker .. I think this is called rub of the green .. Can't improve . Anyway , it was a par 5 . Second shot landed in this bunker 30 yards short left of the green . Didn't know how to play it , so I dubbed it out . Knocked my next one on , and proceeded to chunk it on and 3 Putt for a 7 . Played 2 beautiful shots to get it close , and right in deer tracks in deep faced bunker . Wasn't as upset as I thought , just never had a lie like that before

Couple Sunday's ago....not getting any swing on this one.

zuqaty8e.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Need a ruling. What's the penalty here? Lie was above the sand and under the grass.

e3adumen.jpg

yvemyju7.jpg

What sand !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Lol!

PoW!!!

I've had balls in ballmarks so deep it was actually under the grass.

I've had one embedded in a bank of a creek, about a yard below my feet. (Hazard though)

Had one in knee deep rough today, lying against a yardage marker.. Had to take an unplayable, drop it in the rough again.. Still made bogey :D

This past Friday hit one to the far side of the wrong fairway. Almost there and I hear the tractor mower strike the ball and watch it shoot back over to the right fairway practically split in two.

This one wasn't very good....

Back