Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

Last time I was on a monitor, about 86-90.

Yeah a stiff flex sounds a bit much for that swing speed, mine is in the high 70's low 80's they said I was right on the top end of A-flex and bottom end of R-flex and I'm guessing my swing isn't going to get any faster at 53 years old...lol

Redemption! Straightened out my swing and played the same 9 today at 4 over. A couple dumb mistakes less and it could have been much better.

I had a great ball striking day today...in fact I hit 9 GIR today which is VERY HIGH for me and I had 2 others that were on the very edge of the green.

Just a nice relaxed swing and the ball jumped off the face.

I actually said in another thread the other day, right now my swing thought is just swing like a practice swing and just let the ball get in the way.

You guys are killing me! :banghead:

Redemption! Straightened out my swing and played the same 9 today at 4 over. A couple dumb mistakes less and it could have been much better.

Good Stuff :)

I had a great ball striking day today...in fact I hit 9 GIR today which is VERY HIGH for me and I had 2 others that were on the very edge of the green.

Just a nice relaxed swing and the ball jumped off the face.

I actually said in another thread the other day, right now my swing thought is just swing like a practice swing and just let the ball get in the way.

Yeah that works for me also just a nice easy swing with a full follow through and just stand there and admire that high straight ball flight :)

Yeah that works for me also just a nice easy swing with a full follow through and just stand there and admire that high straight ball flight :)

I hate you Dave :D

Do yourself a favour and replace your 3&4 hybrids and 5&6 irons with 3-6 Altitudes you will won't regret it :D

Heck if I go Altitude, I'm going deep bro :bomb:

I am 60 years old, 5'8" and use senior shafts.I am also left handed. I am not a great golfer, just have fun golfing. I came across a set of womens atitudes for a great price. Would I be able to use them? Should I just get a set of seniors. These are almost half price of any others that I have seen.

Thank you

Heck if I go Altitude, I'm going deep bro :bomb:

So right through to your PW, I'm hitting my 8-AW X Hot's well but then again I havn't hit a short Alititude yet they might be even better.

I am 60 years old, 5'8" and use senior shafts.I am also left handed. I am not a great golfer, just have fun golfing. I came across a set of womens atitudes for a great price. Would I be able to use them? Should I just get a set of seniors. These are almost half price of any others that I have seen.

Thank you

Whats your driver swing speed

So right through to your PW, I'm hitting my 8-AW X Hot's well but then again I havn't hit a short Alititude yet they might be even better.

I would probably go like 5- pw for me. I LOVE my current hybrids! How are you guys liking the gap wedge?

oughtoh --- Personally I would try and go with the senior flex buddy. It would be cool if you could swing them to get the right match for you.

oughtoh --- Personally I would try and go with the senior flex buddy. It would be cool if you could swing them to get the right match for you.[/QUOTE]

My wife has a set of Lady Cobra Bafflers and I can hit them well but you certainly know when your swing gets to fast with them.

Do not know my swing speed, but it isn't fast. I can only take 3/4 of a swing because of my shoulder.

Do not know my swing speed, but it isn't fast. I can only take 3/4 of a swing because of my shoulder.

Well they could be ideal as you wouldn't have to worry about a quick transition from the top of your swing, that's where I find I have to keep it smooth with my wifes clubs or it loads up the shaft to quick.

They would probably work well for you. You don't need to be yanking ya shoulder out of socket that's for sure. The only problem you might have is the length of the ladies irons. Just make sure they are long enough to at least meet male standard length. :thumb:

OG, I love the Gap Wedge....or "D" wedge as it's called with this set....it's my 95-110 yard club

Last edited:
The drop wedge is great at 49* it should be a solid 120 club for me, when/if it finally warms up and the ball has some elasticity. Hitting rocks right now.

Once I get back from participating in the King, I will most likely snag a set of the 4 - PW & AW. You can get some good deals on used sets on the bay now.

The drop wedge is great at 49* it should be a solid 120 club for me, when/if it finally warms up and the ball has some elasticity. Hitting rocks right now.

Have you tried using the Supersoft or Duo

I think I'm going to get the Altitude S as well, just to see if I like it. Heck, I may end up with a whole Cleveland bag this year, and that just doesn't bother me a bit.

I've had the chance to play a few more rounds with the Altitudes and these are definitely keepers. Extremely easy to hit and very forgiving.

I'm not sure I like the shafts however. I have the regular graphites and I'm not sure if I need a stiffer shaft. I need to wait until it gets a little warmer to make a decision on that.

Back