What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

2012 bridgestone b330. Such good performance and durability. This ball continues to amaze me

How does this ball compare to the hex chrome + or pro v1x? I've never gamed a B330 but a big part of me wants to

How does this ball compare to the hex chrome + or pro v1x? I've never gamed a B330 but a big part of me wants to

Feel off the face is very similar. All three balls are a bit on the firmer side. Chrome + spins more off the tee than b330 for me and b330 spins more on approach shots than prov1x for me. Durability is not even close. B330 wins by a mile. I have a b330 that I hit indoor into a net all winter and still has life. I've played 36 with b330 and still had minimal signs of use and never had that with either chrome + or prov1x

Chrome plus

Way less rollout on chips than I have seen with range balls and qstars and the 330rx.

Chrome plus

Way less rollout on chips than I have seen with range balls and qstars and the 330rx.

I played that bal today as well, I lived it, good carry and great control

Played the SR2 all day today. Feel and durability are great (played 2 lost 1). I didn't hit a ton of shots that required spin but it's there if needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I can not get over how good this Nike RZN Black is. I LOVE the Bridgestone B330 and the Nike gives it a run for the money. I am moving to the Tour Preferred X for Morgan Cup prep next, but I would seriously recommend giving the new RZN balls a try, they are far superior to the 20XI.

I can not get over how good this Nike RZN Black is. I LOVE the Bridgestone B330 and the Nike gives it a run for the money. I am moving to the Tour Preferred X for Morgan Cup prep next, but I would seriously recommend giving the new RZN balls a try, they are far superior to the 20XI.

I've been playing the Black Nike as well and it's Nikes best in a very long time. Chrome + and B330, along with the RZN Black are the 3 I like best this year. I find the Nike and B330 to play very similar. Both great in the wind and both are long, with the edge to the Nike. For me, the Chrome + outperforms the other two when I need extra bite on that short sided shot but tends to spin more than I want on longer approach shots and doesn’t hold up as well in the wind.

Messed with the SuperSoft yesterday, don't have much to offer. It was windy and a bit cold so I cannot give a proper judgement. I can say this, the ball thuds off the driver because it's so soft. Not a ping, but a thunk.

E7. I got some crazy distance off the tee. I got GPS measured at 266 on one of my drives with the vast majority in the 240s.

Supersoft for the first time. One word. Brilliant...

Supersoft for the first time. One word. Brilliant...

I played the Supersoft on Saturday morning, and really liked it's performance in cooler conditions.

I played the NXT Tour S for my Sunday morning round. It is still a good ball, but the Supersoft could give it a good run, IMO.

Played Lethal last round down to my last dozen before switching to TP X

Played my regular TP3 and also a yellow Z-Star for the first time. Will probably pick up a dozen in white and play both.

Played the Nike RZN-X. Pleasantly surprised. Goes far. Stops on the green. Pretty clicky off the putter but I like that. Might be a nice $20 alternative to a Pro V1x. (Pro V1x is better but I hate paying a lot for golf balls. Stupid, given how much I pay for golf in general, but something bothers me about buying balls at $45 a box.)

Been playing the W/S Duo this year for the first time and so far I love it. Great feeling ball for someone that doesn't like to splurge on expensive balls. I'm surprised how well they've held up after a few rounds. Feel great on the putter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 B330 since I had a few sleeves left. Not any longer than last years, but didn't experience much roll out. Think my longest shot into a green today was 188 and that landed and stopped about 3 feet from mark. I'm starting to like this more and more.

I had received a 2-pack of new NXT Tour S yellow balls in the mail from Dick's, so I put them in play on Saturday. I honestly don't know how much the tech has changed in these for 2014, but my takeaway was that I actually liked them more than when I've played NXTs in the past. I've always been kind of lukewarm to them. Don't hate or love them, but I played in really windy conditions and they performed very well for me.

Played the Pro V1 today. Love how it feels and sounds off the tee and when flushed with irons. Only problem is I struggled to make solid contact all day

Srixon AD333 in tour yellow.

Like the yellow actually. Nice soft feeling ball, seems to spin less on longer irons and hybrid/woods, more on wedges and short irons. They last a lot longer then expected, I still have non-conforming grooves on my irons that eat balls. These last longer then the TaylorMade Penta3/5, burner and Lethal. Longer then the Tilteist ProV's but not by much.

They're quite cheap compared to other balls, so I might keep playing them a bit longer :)

Q-star. I really don't like that ball. I need to play with my regular gamer. But the q-star felt short for me.

I tried a sr2 the other day, felt good for the 3 holes i had it then proceeded to snap hook it into the trees and lost it. Pissed me off losing a brand new ball after 3 holes, so I went back to my tp3 and it performed faultless.

Last edited:
Played last year's Maxfli U4x. Felt hard as a rock off the tee, fairly soft around the green. Curious to see if I like the U4 better.

Played the e6 today. This was my second round with it, and I'm a huge fan. Very soft feel. Not the best around the greens, but I'm no short game maestro to begin with.

Last round out I played the SR1, and it was enough to make me think I could game this one full time. Durable, great feel off the tee, and some awesome spin that made me grin on shots in to the green.

While the SR2 might fit my SS a bit more, the SR1 was just fun to play.

Maxfli Fire. Hit the bejeezus out of it. Long and straight.

Back