Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

I have been an avid reader of this site, especially for the thorough reviews of all things related to dimpled balls, but have never posted until now.

Last summer I reconfigured the storage room behind my house so that I can hit balls. A month ago I made the next step, and got a P3Pro but for several reasons, it was not what I needed. I have been trying to decide between the SC100, the PureContact, and either the ES 12 or 14.

The reviews on here are great. My issue is that the "ball whacking room" (as my golfing buddies call it) has distance limits. My guess is that there is 6-9 feet between ball and net. Has anyone tried these indoors enough to know if the SC100 will procure the info from this short of a distance?

thanks. And my wallet will thank you all when it's $200-$230 lighter.

I have been an avid reader of this site, especially for the thorough reviews of all things related to dimpled balls, but have never posted until now.

Last summer I reconfigured the storage room behind my house so that I can hit balls. A month ago I made the next step, and got a P3Pro but for several reasons, it was not what I needed. I have been trying to decide between the SC100, the PureContact, and either the ES 12 or 14.

The reviews on here are great. My issue is that the "ball whacking room" (as my golfing buddies call it) has distance limits. My guess is that there is 6-9 feet between ball and net. Has anyone tried these indoors enough to know if the SC100 will procure the info from this short of a distance?

thanks. And my wallet will thank you all when it's $200-$230 lighter.
Welcome to THP posting!

I recall others posting about using this inside into a net with success, though I don't know that anyone specified distances like you ask about.

Welcome to THP posting!

Thanks. The P3Pro was a good idea, but did not work for me. My set up looks a lot like the GC2 basement set-up from 30 pages ago, but I'm not able to funnel that level of coin at the moment. Maybe soon. I like the idea of the app that tracks stats, but the reviews on here for the SC100 are too much to overcome.

Welcome to THP posting!

I recall others posting about using this inside into a net with success, though I don't know that anyone specified distances like you ask about.

Thanks. The P3Pro was a good idea, but did not work for me. My set up looks a lot like the GC2 basement set-up from 30 pages ago, but I'm not able to funnel that level of coin at the moment. Maybe soon. I like the idea of the app that tracks stats, but the reviews on here for the SC100 are too much to overcome.
Measures swing speed and ball speed independently, so hitting into a net should not matter--if I understand correctly how that works.

I use mine indoors with 6-8 feet of flight and it works well in those conditions.

Measures swing speed and ball speed independently, so hitting into a net should not matter--if I understand correctly how that works.

I just used mine today in my garage hitting into my net which was no more than 5 feet away. Worked just fine.

I need to get one of these. Using JFlores's last week I can see how this would make the range time better & truly understand carry distances.

Mine did come in the mail, and it is much better than the Zelocity radar I was using. Often the same reading on distance, but the Zelocity misses allot more shots. Love this for my indoor setup. Since I would need the lottery win to get into the Flightscope/trackman offerings this will do just fine for home net work.

I've just ordered one and awaiting delivery from the US, approximately a week to get it out here. After reading the reviews I decided it will be beneficial to my range time, dialling in yardages and more specifically hopefully improving my distance accuracy. My new job won't give me the time to play much during my month on but I will have plenty of time in the evenings to hit the range.

So I hit the range tonight with my SC100 in order to work on shortening/slowing my driver/3 wood swing looking for more consistency and control. The numbers are...uhm...pretty interesting.

Here are my 3/4 length driver swings tonight:

D6A5FA69-6BC1-4414-9D2A-0ED730DB8613_zpsrsekxoqz.jpg

5C69D382-471A-4485-AAA1-CC9D2C69ABB2_zps4dv2sxok.jpg

Pretty consistent you say...I agree. Especially when these balls were hit dead straight. But of course, I fall into the trap of "got it figured out, now I'll step on it:"

8BFD3407-3592-4B65-B9A5-77ACEE2C9804_zpsj3logkml.jpg

Now that picture looks great, until I tell you that ball was pulled left. Not a hook, just pulled left and would've missed the fairway for sure.

Now where I was two weeks ago:

76795420-3489-4017-8A06-CBA1F9C0FF1F_zpsscwbyapd.jpg

So...what a difference. A slower, more controlled swing, with better center contact, produces a straighter drive and the same distance.... How about that?

Would this even have been something I would've worked on without the SC100? I really doubt it. Now I really can't wait to get back on the course!

Those are carry numbers? Do 100mph swings with near perfect smashes carry 265ish???

Those are carry numbers? Do 100mph swings with near perfect smashes carry 265ish???

I think driver includes roll. I will say that on trackman I was surprised to have better carry on an easier swing when hitting on the up swing adding effective loft.

I think driver includes roll. I will say that on trackman I was surprised to have better carry on an easier swing when hitting on the up swing adding effective loft.

I don't think any of them include roll, but I could be wrong?

I don't think any of them include roll, but I could be wrong?

This one doesn't include roll, only carry but it's calculated.

Good stuff O'carroll. I found the same thing to be true for myself recently on a Trackman, the numbers were pretty similar to what you posted.

My son was seeing similar #"s today as well. 265 carry,100mph swing,smash 1.48. We were wondering about that as well???

Thanks
Newman

Per the Trackman Optimal fitting Chart the numbers appear to be off.

If the launch and spin is right they sure can.

This one doesn't include roll, only carry but it's calculated.

edit: the sc100 appears to be a straight radar calculation though all clubs. My old radar added roll to the driver in one setting and I was thinking it would be the same. Pete's point below is correct. We know this isn't trackman accurate, but it does help on the compared shots using the same measuring device. The irons have been pretty close to accuracy when looking at flags with laser and comparing. I am sure as we get to longer clubs we will see some more margin if error.

Last edited:
The point of my post was more to show that a slower swing, with better contact, provided the same calculated distance tonight as a faster, more out of control, less than ideal contact swing a week ago.

What I saw tonight was a straighter ball flight with a more controlled swing calculated at the same distance as last week. There's no way I'd be able to tell that from the naked eye--I'd only be able to see straighter.

The calculation of the distances, right or wrong, is the constant in the test.

The point of my post was more to show that a slower swing, with better contact, provided the same calculated distance tonight as a faster, more out of control, less than ideal contact swing a week ago.

What I saw tonight was a straighter ball flight with a more controlled swing calculated at the same distance as last week. There's no way I'd be able to tell that from the naked eye--I'd only be able to see straighter.

And, that's a very good point. Thanks for posting it.

I appreciated the post and that insight. It matches what I saw with the cut down shaft...lower SS + higher SF = comparable or better distance. And I agree, the SC100 is a great tool for seeing it happen. Good post.

Shipment notification, range will never be the same!

I finally got the SC100 out to the range this afternoon. I was very impressed with it and enjoyed messing with it today.
I just played around with it, getting a feel for what it can do and to get an idea of what I can see from it. I saw some swing speeds that looked correct and a few that I questioned. But, for the most part, I was very pleased with what I was seeing.
I did grabbed a few pics to post and to look at later.
First swing with the driver. I could live with this. It was a really good drive.
u5ajemy7.jpg

I saw some good readings with the driver, and a few strange ones. My best drive of the day came out to only 256 carry with 107 ball speed. I know that it was actually a much better shot then that.
At the end of my range session, I took an agressive swing with the driver, to see if I could get a bit more and came away pleased.
u2egymas.jpg

I actually tried the stage 2 3w
sygybysy.jpg

And the Adams XTD 16°
yvy5a7aq.jpg
I was having some fun today. I did do a little work today. I took the 8i and I was looking to see what would be a good average carry distance. It was actually a bit longer than I was expecting, so i took the 7i and it was a bit less. Will actually look at this more next week.
As for today, I enjoyed my few hours on the range experimenting. Will definitely get some good use with this during my practice sessions.

Back