Android Phone Thread

Going on 2 weeks now with the S5. Just switched after about 6 years with the iPhone and most recently the iPhone 4. Got tired of waiting on a bigger screen. While it's taking some time to learn the new format I'm very happy so far and feel the Andriod platform is far superior to iPhone. It's nice having full access to your phones content without going through the restricted iTunes software.

I've had my S5 now for about 5 days. The first 2-3 hours I hated it and regretted switching from the iPhone. Now that I have it setup the way I want to I freaking love it. The camera on this phone is absolutely ridiculous. Just need to find a case and some decent screen protectors and I'll be all set.

We're going to be S5 buddies? I can dig that.

I need to find a way to get an S5. The feature I use the most on my phone is the camera and it's lousy in comparison to the S5's.

Picked up another Spigen case for my phone. I still love the Neo Hybrid, but wanted to add a second one. Also picked up another screen protector, this one uses a wet application. Unreal to get rid of bubbles that way. On and smooth. Just good stuff.

galaxy_note_3_case_slim_armor-infinity_white.jpg

I use that case for the s4. Much better than the neo hybrid for me. I also use a screen protector that has a wet application. Much easier to install.

There was just a software update on the Nexus 5 camera Army. Did that not help you? I've done some research on it and it all points to software issues, not hardware. So they say it should be fixed with updates. I have the Nexus 5 and I freaking love it so far. Granted I came from a S1 and a Lumia 521.

But I had the S1, my sister and her fiance have the S3, and my wife has the S4. They've all had issues. My wife got her S4 maybe 3 months ago and it blows. WIFI is so crappy on it, and she has regular service issues sometimes too; among other things. There will never be another Samsung phone in our house.

Amazing how different the experiences are eh drp? I've been using this beast of an S3 for quite a long time and can't believe how much I've enjoyed it.

There was just a software update on the Nexus 5 camera Army. Did that not help you? I've done some research on it and it all points to software issues, not hardware. So they say it should be fixed with updates. I have the Nexus 5 and I freaking love it so far. Granted I came from a S1 and a Lumia 521.

But I had the S1, my sister and her fiance have the S3, and my wife has the S4. They've all had issues. My wife got her S4 maybe 3 months ago and it blows. WIFI is so crappy on it, and she has regular service issues sometimes too; among other things. There will never be another Samsung phone in our house.

I've had some issues with my s4 as well. Meanwhile my wife has the HTC One(last years) and hasn't had 1 problem with it at all.

Amazing how different the experiences are eh drp? I've been using this beast of an S3 for quite a long time and can't believe how much I've enjoyed it.
It is crazy, but that's technology I suppose!
I've had some issues with my s4 as well. Meanwhile my wife has the HTC One(last years) and hasn't had 1 problem with it at all.

Yeah my wife had one of the HTCs before this one and it was flawless for a long time. Don't she'll ever go with another brand. And for me it's probably either HTC or LG. On my second LG and haven't had any problems with either.

Yeah I got the update. It definitely improved a few things like how it used to take 2 seconds for the camera to take a picture and the software is nicer to use now. It's not so much that the Nexus 5 has a lousy camera, as the Note3 or S5 have an awesome camera.

Yeah my wife had one of the HTCs before this one and it was flawless for a long time. Don't she'll ever go with another brand. And for me it's probably either HTC or LG. On my second LG and haven't had any problems with either.

I was so torn between the S4 and G2 back when I got mine in early November. I went with what I knew, the S4 coming from the S3. We gave out a bunch of g2's at work and nobody has had any issues with them. Nerfny was coming from an iPhone and she loves her phone. She wishes the camera was better on it, but for battery life and how it runs, she loves it.

I was so torn between the S4 and G2 back when I got mine in early November. I went with what I knew, the S4 coming from the S3. We gave out a bunch of g2's at work and nobody has had any issues with them. Nerfny was coming from an iPhone and she loves her phone. She wishes the camera was better on it, but for battery life and how it runs, she loves it.

She doesn't like the camera on the G2?

Yea, I'm tappin' it

Anynody with a zerolemon battery having problems with it being loose and popping out and shutting the phone off?

I noticed if I ran around with my phone in my pocket I'd take it out and it would be off. The battery use to be very difficult to put in and now it pops in very easily

Anynody with a zerolemon battery having problems with it being loose and popping out and shutting the phone off?

I noticed if I ran around with my phone in my pocket I'd take it out and it would be off. The battery use to be very difficult to put in and now it pops in very easily

I've never dealt with that at all. Been using one for many months in my S3.

I picked up the note 3 yesterday. It's huge and awesome, but even I have a max on size.

What do you mean heavy? not a fan of the S5?

Heavy as in the Samsung overlay on the UI is very big in size. Too much stuff, extra apps, widgets and such

Just looked these cases up and they look great. Cheap too. Have you ever owned an Otterbox? How would you say to the two compare?

Spigen makes great stuff. Not as bulky as otter defender but stylish and protective. Combined with their glas.tr screen protector you can't go wrong

just did the upgrade to kitkat 4.4 on my LG G2 any new features worth knowing?

I had a droid eris back in the day. I don't care if an HTC can order me Chipotle and pay for it, I'll never ever own an HTC device ever again.

HTC sense has gotten so heavy I'm not a fan of it. But then touch wiz is pretty heavy on s5 too. For me I think there's not much the s5 offers over the note 3. Just personal opinion though

After 3 compete failures with HTC stuff, I'd never own one again. Sense is the biggest piece of garbage and kills anything good that HTC tries to do IMO.

My girl has the DNA and likes it but I've got her convinced to go with Samsung this time around. Really wish there was a choice for raw Android Samsung phones without any serious rooting.

Quoted just to show how much difference of opinion you can get based on personal experience

I have had 3 different HTC models and not had a single bit of trouble with any of them, so I will go with another HTC when I upgrade my handset (which could be this weekend)

Jen has the S3 and has not had any issues with it, but after playing around with both the S3 and HTC One X+ (my current phone) I am not a fan of the Touchwiz interface that Samsung use so unless there is something else that I prefer, I will still be using an HTC phone for the forseeable future

just did the upgrade to kitkat 4.4 on my LG G2 any new features worth knowing?

Yes. Kit kat brings external so card support to the g2! :alien:

G2 is a great phone but I hate MTP with a passion

Absolutely loving this Cover lock screen replacement app! Such a great change of pace from the old lock screens I was using do yourself a favor and check it out. Takes a couple days to get used to it but once you do works great.

Odd. The G2 is still arguably the top camera phone on the market in terms of picture quality in both full light and low light situations.

Odd. The G2 is still arguably the top camera phone on the market in terms of picture quality in both full light and low light situations.

Wasn't talking about the camera on the g2. But yes that camera is really good.

Wasn't talking about the camera on the g2. But yes that camera is really good.

Ah, thought you were talking about the G2 camera.

G3 specs starting to leak and looks like another really solid device. G2 runs so smooth so I don't see any reason at all to upgrade

Absolutely no issues with it. It has a six month warranty, send it back and get another one.

Back