Android Phone Thread

I have had the S10 plus for a couple days now. It's been really solid so far. Nothing revolutionary but thr battery life has been great so far. 15 hours off charger and 3 hours and 30 minutes of screen time and still have 45% battery life.

I still don't love these curved screens, but it looks fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I have had the S10 plus for a couple days now. It's been really solid so far. Nothing revolutionary but thr battery life has been great so far. 15 hours off charger and 3 hours and 30 minutes of screen time and still have 45% battery life.

My 2 main issues with my S9 are the crappy battery life, and the curved edges are just not user friendly. I'm glad to hear that they've fixed the battery at least.

My 2 main issues with my S9 are the crappy battery life, and the curved edges are just not user friendly. I'm glad to hear that they've fixed the battery at least.
The new note is supposed to be an exceptional phone, including in batter life due to the better processor (I think) that's faster but uses less battery. May upgrade to that, but I'm just a year into my contract and would only do so if there's no fees, switch to another carrier covers those costs, and/or they do the b1g1 like I have with s9+

It's still crazy expensive even with a corporate discount I get, 180/mo for 2 lines sharing 20gigs.. discount doesn't apply to unlimited plans

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Finally replaced my iPhone 6+. Got a stellar deal on a Pixel 3 XL that I couldn't pass up.

The only thing I don't like so far is Android Auto. Apple Car Play was much better IMO.

Picked up the galaxy s10 this weekend, enjoying it so far, not the biggest fan of the curved edges but the phone is excellent. Didn't want to go with the SE as wasn't much cheaper and did not want the plus as just a little to big for me. Time will tell on the battery and phone but coming from and S7 this thing is sweet. Also bought the unlocked version as may be switching carriers, i like that i have that option without having to do contracts.

damn the S10 is a freaking slick device.

I have the S10+ and I'm sharing the same thoughts. Coming from my S8+, the battery life is great. People are up at arms about the placement of the front facing cameras, but I don't mind it at all. Haven't really used the cameras much in general, but I'm hoping for improvement in low light. The curved display is not a huge thing for me, but the seeming lack of a bezel at all is awesome. Overall, happy with the upgrade.

I have the S10+ and I'm sharing the same thoughts. Coming from my S8+, the battery life is great. People are up at arms about the placement of the front facing cameras, but I don't mind it at all. Haven't really used the cameras much in general, but I'm hoping for improvement in low light. The curved display is not a huge thing for me, but the seeming lack of a bezel at all is awesome. Overall, happy with the upgrade.
The low light is the one gripe I've seen about the camera. I'm coming from thr Pixel which was freaking fantastic in low light.

The cameras don't bother me in the least, but I don't really mind a notch either.

Just got the Android Pie update pushed to my phone along with the Samsung One UI, and I'm really liking it. Camera is much easier to interact with, and I like the new icons. I'll probably have more thoughts after I have a couple of days to mess around with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've always liked Huawei phones but I'm very biased towards Galaxy's because US Cellular doesn't have much in terms of other android phones.

On a whim, came here and did a search on HUAWEI and found only 17 posts, and really nothing exciting.

After going out on a limb with the Honor 6x a while back, now EVERYONE in my house has a HUAWEI. Most affordable, usable, well built, solid phone I've ever used. The UI updates all the time, it's responsive and the fingerprint thing works in like a millisecond. China may know all my secrets, but it wouldn't be fair if only our own intel agencies knew what I did on my phone (Golf apps, 2048, texting).

I am looking at upgrading again soon, not because of anything I don't like with my 7X, but I just want one of those all screen dudes with tons of storage.

On a whim, came here and did a search on HUAWEI and found only 17 posts, and really nothing exciting.

After going out on a limb with the Honor 6x a while back, now EVERYONE in my house has a HUAWEI. Most affordable, usable, well built, solid phone I've ever used. The UI updates all the time, it's responsive and the fingerprint thing works in like a millisecond. China may know all my secrets, but it wouldn't be fair if only our own intel agencies knew what I did on my phone (Golf apps, 2048, texting).

I am looking at upgrading again soon, not because of anything I don't like with my 7X, but I just want one of those all screen dudes with tons of storage.
I'm still rocking my Mate 10 pro and it hasn't slowed down at all.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

I am still using an old S5 and thinking about going S10 or S10 E. Any thoughts,also any thoughts on cases and or screen protectors,I know the S10 has a built in one, and if you add another the inscreen fingure print sensor won't work properly.My wife,son and daughter in law all use Iphone,but I just can make myself go that way.

I am still using an old S5 and thinking about going S10 or S10 E. Any thoughts,also any thoughts on cases and or screen protectors,I know the S10 has a built in one, and if you add another the inscreen fingure print sensor won't work properly.My wife,son and daughter in law all use Iphone,but I just can make myself go that way.
I have the S10+ and love the battery life. I have the Spigen Neo Hybrid and think it's a great case.

Read a great review on the S10e the other day. Basically everything about it is top-notch and if you can live without a couple of the S10 upgrades (can't remember what they were, but they didn't interest me) then you can save a bunch on it.

I'm currently on a OnePlus 6T and I'm thinking of jumping to either the S10 (not the plus, want to try a smaller phone) or the new OnePlus 7 which will be announced in 2 weeks.

anyone watching Google I/O? The voice recognition they are talking about is pretty freaking killer

USA vs Huawei just went up another level. Google said it will no longer work with Huawei for software going forward with new phones and updates to older phones will be significantly slower if at all.

ZenFone 6 here I come...

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

Actually, having a Google crap-free smartphone seems like a challenge but in a good way. I already tried to do this with my Samsung s7 with some alternative software.

Back